Next Testament CD

It's funny as I don't even have a FB account, but I was just checking the Testament one and among the links I've stumbled upon a fragment of the Native Blood video (video shoot to be precise) apparently recorded by somebody involved in the making of the video. It's short and you can barely hear anything, but it's quite apparent that THIS SONG FUCKING ROCKS!

Anyway, here it is: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4205293298414&set=o.23598655331&type=3&theater

Since Chuck once said that prior to the album release they don't want to reveal the songs during live shows so that people don't judge them later after watching cell phone recordings, I'm guessing that short piece might be removed soon. I almost feel guilty about hearing it, but, man, this album has been long due and it just seems it will be incredibly good.

EDIT: Nuclear Blast is selling the Native Blood single on vinyl. I hope it gets released on CD too. BTW, the release date is July 20th.

Thanks! that was a really good interview.I can't wait to hear Gregs solo on the Queen cover!

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/flotsamandjetsam

Just in case! :D

You are most welcome! :) As soon as I heard they were covering "Dragon Attack", I've been chomping at the bit to hear it! I love Queen, and that song is one of their best and most underrated. Hearing Greg do a solo will be awesome!

Hehe, I might pledge again soon. ;)

I've just heard a sample of Native Blood in the itunes store that lasts for 1 minute 30 seconds... blown away, you bet I was! Hearing Chuck in full melodic voice again is truly a great thing to behold! I think Eric was onto something saying the album is like a mix of The Gathering and The Ritual... the album should be amazing!

@High Priest Of Evil: Thanks for that footage from the video shoot! :rofl:

You're welcome. I couldn't keep it just for myself. :)
Dragon Attack's a great song and I'm glad Chuck has talked the other guys into covering it. Greg's solo is something I've been hoping for for a long time. I think all the covers will actually show yet another side of the band and each of the band members, which is very cool.

I'm also glad to welcome the melodic vocals back finally. Mixing it with heavy music shall be killer.

I've just heard a sample of Native Blood in the itunes store that lasts for 1 minute 30 seconds
I'm guessing that in order to be able to listen to it one must be an iTunes user, right? No chance to hear it outside that site?

I'm guessing that in order to be able to listen to it one must be an iTunes user, right? No chance to hear it outside that site?

Yep, you need to be an itunes user to listen to it. :( As far as I know, you can't access the itunes store without having itunes installed on your computer...

I just can't wait for this album! I'm even more excited with comparison between Ritual and Gathering.Although Eric had said at the time that TFOD was a cross between New Order and Gathering.I didn't eally hear it.
But from what I've heard of the new stuff so far I'd say he 's right.

I might pledge again soon as well :)

The Native blood sample on itunes is pretty awesome I cant wait to hear the full CD.

Anyone have any idea on what two songs Chris Adler plays on the new record? I have no clue and I've only heard people saying that he records on the album, but not the songs. Thanks to any who answers my question! Much appreciated! :)

This should help you out. :)

He ended up doing one track called “A Day In The Death”, and it’s going to be available on iTunes only. We chose iTunes because it’s pretty big and a lot of people listen to their music off of that, specially fans of Chris. They don’t have to go and buy the whole record just to hear Chris. They can just buy the song. Or if they like it, they can buy the whole record but we wanted to keep it a little different and this is something we’ve never done. He tore it up on that track. He did a really, really good job.

Here is the link for whole interview with Eric.Agelic Slayer posted it on the previous page.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/...son-talks-in-detail-about-dark-roots-of-earth

This should help you out. :)

He ended up doing one track called “A Day In The Death”, and it’s going to be available on iTunes only. We chose iTunes because it’s pretty big and a lot of people listen to their music off of that, specially fans of Chris. They don’t have to go and buy the whole record just to hear Chris. They can just buy the song. Or if they like it, they can buy the whole record but we wanted to keep it a little different and this is something we’ve never done. He tore it up on that track. He did a really, really good job.

Here is the link for whole interview with Eric.Agelic Slayer posted it on the previous page.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/...son-talks-in-detail-about-dark-roots-of-earth

So ok, it's just only one track? I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it when ITunes eventually brings up the entire album available for purchase. So far, they have the Native Blood single up and by up, I mean just for a preview and not availble to buy yet.

Yeah,I guess that's it.I don't know what happened to the other track he was supposed to do.It is not part of the regular album.Or the delux version.