Next Testament CD

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008KUOMAG/ref=sr_1_album_4_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B008KUORA6&qid=1342261671&sr=1-4[/ame]

30 sek clips up on Amazon!...sound really promising!
Most probably American hate is the thrashiest (fastest) song in there.

Native Blood brings the TestAmenT I love so much. It's 100% them, but once again with innovations and surprises. You can hear some Electric Crown there, but with the power of the newer albums. Brilliant! I hope they won't be releasing more songs before the whole album is out (maybe 1 or 2 more would suffice).

Still surprised the album hasn't leaked. Congrats to whoever was responsible for securing it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...e=UTF8&child=B008KUORA6&qid=1342261671&sr=1-4

30 sek clips up on Amazon!...sound really promising!
Most probably American hate is the thrashiest (fastest) song in there.

It is hard to guage much from 30 second samples, but from what I can hear, there is a lot of nods to "The Ritual" album on this latest one. There is a greater emphasis on melody, and on slower, more mid-paced songs. In saying that, that riff on "Rise Up" sounds like it could have came off the first album! My guess is that the album will sound stylistically like "The Ritual" but updated with a more modern sound, and more thrashy, aggressive passages than that album had. :)

Ha,looks like flotsam added a few more slots for album credits if anyone is interested.I wish they hadn't because it makes our names smaller lol But I'm glad they did because it sells!

Ha,looks like flotsam added a few more slots for album credits if anyone is interested.I wish they hadn't because it makes our names smaller lol But I'm glad they did because it sells!

Yep, I saw they added more slots for album credits... I also wish they hadn't, I want to be able to see my name in the credits WITHOUT having to use a magnifying glass! lol :(

They said they will be adding more exclusive items to pledge for though!

I did my $15 album pledge a minute ago. I do wish they kept the same line up as the last album but the Quatro line up is great as well. Also read that Jason Newsted contributed to the album a bit, hopefully that turns out great as well.

Yeah,me too.Mark Simpson was The Cold all the way.He left due to massive frustration,I think because there was never any touring.Craig kind of got screwed a little bit.But I also like the Quatro line up.
I wonder what kind of contribution Newsted did.He was awesome on Doomsday,but that was a long time ago.And of course he also made echobrain.

Awesome that you pledged! They are almost there!

Well it looks like the flots board has been hacked by the russians WTF!!!!:hotjump:

I know! WTF indeed.I can't believe Kelly closed the board.I'm a little disapointed in his skills.I know for a fact that Overkills site used to get hacked, a lot.They never closed.James Murphys site was hacked too and and the Russians were defeated.Tanja wouldn't have let this happen!

Back to better news and Testament, Eric wasn't lying drawing a connection between the new album and The Ritual! Although "A Day In The Death" sounds like an updated version of "Envy Life", just a bit heavier! I think those who disliked "The Ritual" will also dislike the new album...

Oh, and the Dragon Attack cover sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear the full version of that one! :)

I think those who disliked "The Ritual" will also dislike the new album...

I hope to hell you're wrong about that. The Ritual is quite easily (IMO) the worst Testament album.

I'm in the US and I preordered the CD/DVD package from CMDISTRO.com. I got an email today saying that the order has shipped, 2 weeks before the release date. I wonder how far ahead in advance it will show up...

I hope to hell you're wrong about that. The Ritual is quite easily (IMO) the worst Testament album.

I'm in the US and I preordered the CD/DVD package from CMDISTRO.com. I got an email today saying that the order has shipped, 2 weeks before the release date. I wonder how far ahead in advance it will show up...

It can be hard to guage too much from 90 second samples, but from those samples, there was definitely a strong flavour of "The Ritual" about it. Most of what I heard was slow, or mid-paced. However, even from what I've heard so far, there is already more faster material on this album than "The Ritual" had. "Rise Up" features a riff that could have came straight off "The Legacy", or "The New Order". I do feel this album will be more varied than "The Ritual" was, but it does seem as though people who disliked that album will be disappointed with it.

I still haven't ordered the album yet... I might just buy it from the store when it comes out! :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it.Eric knows the short comings of The Ritual,and originaly the record was faster and heavier.But there was presure from above or something like that.

Still zero word from cdjapan I hope this cd comes in time.I may have to order another copy if this thing takes too long.

Flotsams Message board back up.go Kelly!

Yeah with Gene Hoglan doing the drums you can't really go wrong. Eric had mentioned how one of the shortcomings of The Ritual was the simplicity of the drums. Judging by the samples and the 2 full songs thus far released, Gene has given a lot to this album. Can't wait to hear the whole thing. :headbang: