Next Testament CD

I know,i know!!!At least we have the flots to look foward to.As well as at least for me, the new prototype album catalyst in september.Although i can't wait to hear anthrax's rush cover.

So I just finally got a chance to listen to my vinyl copy, and there's a big, deep scratch right in the middle of throne of thorns. It creates a giant pop that lasts for about a minute.

I've emailed CM Distro to see if I can exchange it, even thought they're out of the blue splatter, and now have the pic disc version.

If somebody does happen to find PWYP, I hope they "let me know"

Ditto that over here too! lol

On the subject of Worship Music being re-issued with extra tracks... well, yes it is a rip-off, and I'd have thought that record companies would be doing everything possible to discourage illegal downloading. This kind of underhand, rip-off tactic will only encourage illegal downloading, and make it seem more justified in the eyes of those who do it. As for me, I will only be paying for the extra bonus cover track mp3s if they are made available as seperate from the album. If you can't do this, then I will feel no guilt in downloading the re-release for free just to get the bonus tracks. I'm not going to pay full price for an album I bought on release day less than a year ago, just for a small amount of cover songs. If they want to try and rip people off, then they can pay the consequences for doing so.

I'm really looking forward to the new Flots though! Hope there isn't too long to wait now. :)

Ditto that over here too! lol

On the subject of Worship Music being re-issued with extra tracks... well, yes it is a rip-off, and I'd have thought that record companies would be doing everything possible to discourage illegal downloading. This kind of underhand, rip-off tactic will only encourage illegal downloading, and make it seem more justified in the eyes of those who do it. As for me, I will only be paying for the extra bonus cover track mp3s if they are made available as seperate from the album. If you can't do this, then I will feel no guilt in downloading the re-release for free just to get the bonus tracks. I'm not going to pay full price for an album I bought on release day less than a year ago, just for a small amount of cover songs. If they want to try and rip people off, then they can pay the consequences for doing so.

:worship:

I couldn't agree more.I'm more than willing to buy the cover songs,but I sure don't need another copy of worship a year later.Bring on the Flotz!!

The new Dublin Death Patrol is pretty sick from what I've been able to listen to so far.Have to admit though I wish it was all Chuck!

I couldn't agree more.I'm more than willing to buy the cover songs,but I sure don't need another copy of worship a year later.Bring on the Flotz!!

The new Dublin Death Patrol is pretty sick from what I've been able to listen to so far.Have to admit though I wish it was all Chuck!

Well, the thing is, for the most part, and I'm totally against the practice of illegal downloading (unless you live in Iran or somewhere else where it's not possible to legally purchase metal music), and people thinking they can get all their music for free, even when most of them can easily afford to pay for it. But I do make an exception for the practice of the record company scam of re-releasing an album as a "deluxe edition" a short time after the original release of the album. It's like a total slap in the face for those of us true fans who BUY the album when it's originally released. These are the fans that they are trying to exploit, and it's insulting. If there's some way of legally purchasing the extra songs then of course I will, but if they make it so you can only get the extra tracks by buying the whole album again, then they won't be getting a single penny of my money! And I will download the new version for free.

Now take the situation with the Flots: I've given them £74 (or $116) in pledges for their new album, and some exclusive goodies. Because they aren't ripping off fans, they are for the fans, and our money goes directly to them (and some to charity). Record companies who try and rip me off with scams though, deserve to recieve a dose of their own medicine!

I didn't know there was a new Dublin Death Patrol album! :eek: When is that coming out? :)

Good interview with Eric. Apparently there's a track they finished writing and recording that just needs vocals called Merciful Desecration. So don't know when or where, but there's still some new Testament material to be heard.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IznwkJf4m0Q&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

NB will rerelase the album in a year with that track, a few covers, and some live versions.

I wonder why there are no interviews with Greg. I read one in a Polish magazine back in 2005, and it was a great read and gave a different perspective ('cause you kind of know what to expect from C, E or A after so many interviews). Also, there's one on YT from 2008, I think. And that's it. Hopefully there'll be one from Bloodstock.

I know Greg is so damn silent.I still have not been able to read why he left Testament in the first place.He did such great work on Low,
I'd love to know why he left.

Wait wait wait a damn minute,So after four years we get a nine song album and they leave out one of the better songs?! What the fuck.
I didn't know Eric was into bows,learn something new after all these years.

Hard to tell. Makes you wonder if NB will put out another "tour edition" like they did with Formation. Why not release a e.p. and put the new song and the re-recordings of PWYP and SOB on it? I still hope they put out another live dvd with the current line-up. Gotta hear Gene tearing up the double bass.

I miss ep's they were fun.They made the wait between albums go by quicker.

Yep, and they weren't rip-offs like these albums that are re-released with bonus tracks less than a year after their original release. I can only hope that Merciful Desecration will not be used in such a way for a DROE "deluxe edition", but it wouldn't surprise me if that's what did happen...

@Redfly: I did check out DDP's site, and there's only old tour dates up there, and no release dates for the new album... :(

I read, on the Anthrax board, that they are supposed to release the covers ep as a NB exclusive. If they do that then they damn well better be sure that it's available on the US website and not just the German website because I'm not paying 20 euros to have one ep shipped here. If that's the case, we should pool together (however many of us there are) and do one purchase of multiple copies. This way, if there's 5 or more of us that want it, we're paying 5 euros (or less) for shipping a piece.

I was very tempted to buy the TFOD re-release with my Best Buy reward certificate today just to have the three extra live songs but still couldn't justify the price of it. I want the live songs in lossless quality, but I still don't want to pay more than $5 for it. Hopefully I'll find it used one day for about that.

Yep, and they weren't rip-offs like these albums that are re-released with bonus tracks less than a year after their original release. I can only hope that Merciful Desecration will not be used in such a way for a DROE "deluxe edition", but it wouldn't surprise me if that's what did happen...

@Redfly: I did check out DDP's site, and there's only old tour dates up there, and no release dates for the new album... :(

Ha! yeah.DROE the deluxe deluxe edition....plus with ep's you got new artwork also.
I didn't actually look at the tour dates.But it had said New dates for Europe.Did you check Amazon for the cd? It is pretty good!

Most people don't buy albums anymore, I'd be surprised if the Anthrax e.p. does well.

If NB does go for a double dip (for DROE) it damn well better be worth it or people won't get it. Instead of a few live songs, how about a whole show with good audio.