Next Testament CD

Here's link to a video of Eric performing Native Blood.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHo3zwEQ2rU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Yeah,I was gonna say that the blabbermouth link had the video...but I didn't lol

Eric is just so fucking good.His rhythms are busier than a lot of peoples solos! I wish Greg would do this.

I'd be a shame if they didn't, given how much of a success the release of DROE was. Most of the bigger bands have more than 1 music video per album. Shit, even DA did that with their last one, and they sell like 10 times less than Testament. I just hope they don't choose Rise Up, once they decide it's time for video no.2.

Definitely. However, I imagine they'd rather go for a cheaper performance or performance + some short insets this time. I wish they had the budged comparable to the one in Electric Crown for example.

No not Newsted Jason Ward. and the new one with mike is cool.I like that rhythm guitar in the song!
I know i tried to zoom it in as well!
Dec 4th!

I'm an idiot, I dunno what made me think you meant Jason Newsted! lol :oops:

Nope, it's been delayed, I got an email saying they needed more time to finish the album. It's the 21st now, nice early xmas pressie though! I did get an update with the final version of the song "Play Your Part" which was really good! Can't wait for the full album in a couple of weeks time! :)

I'm an idiot, I dunno what made me think you meant Jason Newsted! lol :oops:

Nope, it's been delayed, I got an email saying they needed more time to finish the album. It's the 21st now, nice early xmas pressie though! I did get an update with the final version of the song "Play Your Part" which was really good! Can't wait for the full album in a couple of weeks time! :)

Haha,Everyone has those moments lol! (probably more than I'd like to admit)

I was thinking the same thing.It will be nice to have it fresh for xmas!

If they did it right I bet they could sell a ton more!

I don't know about a ton more, but it seems like there is a huge push for the record and then once it comes out, that's it. A long time ago the labels would continue to release singles and videos. I guess it only happens for the big pop artist's, what a shame.

I don't know about a ton more, but it seems like there is a huge push for the record and then once it comes out, that's it. A long time ago the labels would continue to release singles and videos. I guess it only happens for the big pop artist's, what a shame.

Yes, it seems so. I wonder if that's a calculation based on market research. Maybe most of what an album sells these days is right after the release, and it doesn't pay to keep promoting it thereafter. Not having done any research on this subject I tend to doubt it, though. TFOD wouldn't have exceeded 100k copies sold otherwise.

Anyway, you're right that what the labels seem to do is push the record until it's out and then quickly move to the next artist. Still, NB did a very good job before the release of DROE and perhaps its success has exceeded their expectations and they didn't know how to capitalize it. Maybe with the next one they will have a longer-lasting campaign planned. Maybe if Testament gets a gold record somewhere in Finland, Poland, Hungary, Belgium or elsewhere this will motivate the label to give DROE some more push. Hopefully it will not have been too late then.

I wonder if it's because of the lack of album sales overall. Since so many people steal it, the budgets for everything have to be lower. If you're spending money and not getting it back, it's not a good investment.