Next Testament CD

Definitely. They've been saying the same stuff about "finally doing the old-school songs people haven't heard before and have been eager to hear" for the past 12 years at least. Almost everything off The Legacy and TNO (except for Do or Die, C.O.T.L.O.D. and A Day of Reckoning only, if not counting the instrumentals and covers) has had a permanent place in their setlist for hundreds of shows at this point or another since 1994 or so. They've probably played Into the Pit or Over the Wall more than 5000 times live.

I'm guessing that revisiting PWYP will boil down to doing the title track and Sins of Omission (the latter is a great live track BTW) and maybe, maybe one other song like Envy Live (since they already did that a couple of years ago at few shows).

Luckily, we have the new albums, although hearing More than Meets the Eye, Formation, Rise Up and True American Hate at each show will soon get boring too.

I think I've said it here probably a dozen times. My favorite songs are the heavy stuff like Legions In Hiding and The Burning Times. Of course everything off the Gathering kicks some serious ass. Low, Demonic, and The Gathering are awesome albums.

In case anybody wants to see the sets from the tour:

Exodus:

Black 13
Blood In, Blood Out
Children of a Worthless God
The Last Act of Defiance
Salt the Wound
Bonded by Blood
Blacklist
A Lesson in Violence
The Toxic Waltz
War Is My Shepherd
Strike of the Beast
Metal Command

Testament:

Over the Wall
The Haunting
Burnt Offerings
Alone in the Dark
Raging Waters
C.O.T.L.O.D.
Do or Die
First Strike Is Deadly
Apocalyptic City
Eerie Inhabitants
The New Order
Trial by Fire
Into the Pit
The Preacher
A Day of Reckoning
Musical Death (A Dirge)
Practice What You Preach
Envy Life
Disciples of the Watch

There's 2 New Order songs they apparently didn't play. The Aerosmith cover & Hypnosis.

I noticed that.I guess I can understand leaving out the aerosmith cover,but hypnosis?!!!By the way it's REDFLY'S birthday today:headbang:

They already ignore half their albums, I'd be shocked if they played something that technically isn't on a studio album.

Boring setlist! Legacy and TNO songs are all classics, but I miss a few suprises! Only 2 songs from PWYP and then the same songs which they played for 25 years😐...what about reign of terror, blessed in contempt, perilious nation, the ballad...If they want to do a kind of retro tour, why not play songs from the first 5 records. Face in the sky, 7 days of may, the ritual, too many lies...

Those are all things that i would love. I really don't get what their doing. Such an unchanging set list for such a great band. And yeah The Ritual album isn't touched either!
....Face In The Sky!!!!!

Maybe they are lazy practicing for a new setlist with old songs. I don't get, they have so many good songs and do always the same songs. How can they ignore such records like souls of black, ritual and low. They should play at least 3 songs from low at every concert. This record is as good as every testament record. Hail Mary, Legions (in hiding) and chasing fear are a must. I'm glad I saw them on the souls of black tour. So I got a chance to hear some songs that they will probably never play again live��

I don't want to point fingers but their set list was pretty diverse before Alex came back.

Was it, really? It's not how I remembered it. Sure, there was more stuff from TG and Demonic, 'cause they were still pretty fresh albums (for Testament), but with regard to the other albums it was really more of the same:

Over the Wall,
The Haunting,
Burnt Offerings,
Alone in the Dark,
Into the Pit,
Disciples,
Eerie,
New Order,
Preacher,
Low,
Dog Faced Gods,
Souls,
Practice,
Legacy

and just a couple of other songs from time to time, still not surprising (mostly Musical Death, Trial by Fire, Apocalyptic City, Sins of Omission).

Shit, even the Demonic and Gathering songs were almost always the "obvious" ones:

Demonic Refusal
Burning Times
DNR
Down for Life (until a certain point)
3 days
Eyes of Wrath
True Believer
Legions of the Dead (i.e., as far as TG is concerned, practically only the first 6 songs, with the exception of TG tour where they did RTS; when it comes to Demonic - almost only the first 2 songs; I think they stopped doing Together as One, John Doe and Murky Waters after Demonic tour).

I've got the impression that Alex is the one who'd welcome some changes in the setlist and even managed to talked the other guys into some of them (Let Go Of My World at some shows in '05). Sure, he probably is not the biggest enthusiast of doing the 1994-1999 stuff, but I think he didn't oppose all that much, as there was time after the reunion when they were doing a relatively big amount of that (he seemed to pretty enjoy doing Trail of Tears). Eric also always declares that he'd like to mix things up a little bit (I think it was him who managed to bring Envy Life back for a while), but has problems with forcing the other guys to re-learn stuff. I think the problem might be Chuck, but I'm not entirely sure (didn't he say that they'd do something different, but the classics are too good to stop playing any of them?). I'm convinced Gene's and Steve's contracts do not set forth an upper limit of songs they agree to learn :)

BTW, some 12 years ago I'd asked Steve if there was a chance Testament would play Urotsukidoji live (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/steve-digiorgio/118917-steve-any-chance-well-ever-see-you-play-urotsukidoji-live-testament.html). Here's what he replied:

Well I don't think so. I've asked a few times if we could add it to the set. For obvious reasons, I like that song, and would have a lot of fun playing it. But I think they shot down the idea in favor of filling the set with those oft-played "classics" YOU the fans can't live without.

This might indicate that the "people in charge" (we know who they are, right?) have the impression fans always demand the so-called classics. That is a wrong impression, IMO. There were probably at least 15 discussions on this board regarding this subject over the last decade or so. T. is not a band that plays to new fans every night and has to do only the most well-known stuff all the time.

Gosh oneman. A simple your full of shit would have sufficed lol

Well maybe diverse was a poor choice of words. But just look at that concert posted last month with Glenn on guitar. It was a much heavier set list. And I have some of those bootlegs they used to sell on the site.
Sure plenty of classics but still a good representation from Low, Demonic and later The Gathering.
I haven't heard anything from Alex on the subject. But you're right Eric said others wouldn't do their home work. Who that means I don't know. But I would think that the vocals would be the easiest to re learn. Greg by is own admission had no juice in the band and probably would play anything. Gene as we know has no trouble doing a billion different songs as I believe is the case with Steve.
So that leaves me with Alex? Of course I have no more evidence than that he doesn't even play his own solos the way they were written and he doesn't like the whammy which James Murphy is a master of.

All in all it's just a shame. We are the die hards saying mix it up!

Chuck is the one who had to read the lyrics to True American hate on stage when Dark Roots was new, so it could be him.

Could be.