NFL 2012

FANBOY CARD REVOKED IMMEDIATELY...just wow!

The only thing I can somewhat understand Colts fans being upset about is not having the proper back-up, being somewhat unprepared maybe? Otherwise, support the team and show respect to the CURRENT PLAYERS. Its the ultimate team sport and the season and life will go on without almighty god Peyton. Get over it. Atleast the Colts had some sort of idea / warning that he might not be ready.
When Brady went down in game-1 and was lost for the 08' season...talk about a shock and the ultimate kick in the nuts! The rest of that team sucked it up and performed rather nicely. That was still an enjoyable season for Pats fans...and there wasn't a hint of lack of support or that they didn't deserve what they earned. REAL FANS!

Well said Muzmaze. I am interested to see if the Colts will try to make a deal for a better QB now that they are playing without Manning. I liked Brady Quinn when he was at Notre Dame and would like to see him get another chance as a starting QB.

I think your right King Richard. The Colts should forfeit their salaries this year and the rest of the games and just stay home until Saint Manning is healed up and ready to play next year. :lol:

@ Zerostatic...thanks. And back at ya.

@KD. I think we all know how big a loss Manning is for the Colts. And yes they might just end up really sucking this year? We won't need to hear the reasons why, unless it helps you theraputically? Wether they go 4-12 or 12-4...its simply the -"they don't deserve to win without Peyton" comment that is just so out of place...hard to understand. How about some of the Colts players that were injured and couldn't take part in the SB title a couple years ago...what about them? Every player and every team deserves what they earn and has to face adversity etc. But whatever.

Bears win 30-13 over Falcons. Combine that with the Lions and Packers victories and the NFC North is 3-0 against the NFC South this week. Next game against the Saints in New Orleans should be tough. It will be interesting to see how former Bear Kreutz fairs going against the Bears D-line.

Surprises:

Ravens: Even I think the Steelers will get back to the Super Bowl.
Chiefs: They fucking suck.
Falcons: Go Bears!!!!!!!
Colts: I still would have put money on them winning. Collins might no longer be a serviceable back up.

& fuck you Detroit Lions. I'm sure no one watched it & while the Buc's deserved to lose there were several very questionable pass interference calls that were not called against the Lions. Our game plan was absolute shit. I can't believe we lost to them, and I realize they are improved & Stafford is healthy, but this was all on us. We came out playing way too conservative & it killed us.

So the question is: Are the Steelers that bad or are the Ravens that good?

Don't be naive. Week 1 is notorious for being uncharacteristic. The game was far from representative of either team. The performance that most closely mirrored reality in that game was Ray Rice. The Ravens do not force 7 turnovers a game, and the Steelers to not have 7 giveaways in a game. This game can basically be thrown out as an aberration. Meanwhile the Ravens I'm sure are acting like they won the super bowl because they finally beat Ben Roethlisberger when he wasn't playing with concussion symptoms, when in reality there are 15 more games, including a rematch in Pittsburgh.

Of course today was disappointing as hell, but mostly because of how uncharacteristic it is. It's just one of those games that start to get out of hand early and don't let up. Roethlisberger stupidly started to force the issue. His two interceptions to Ed Reed were as pathetic as any throws I've ever seen him make. The second one especially was right to him. But it's already in the past and is only one game. Next week is a home game against the Seahawks. The ship will be righted quickly.

We aren't talking about the takeovers. The Ravens were physically beating up the Steelers all game. Manhandled would be an appropriate term. I watched the game.

Most overused word from the coverage of the Cowboys - Jets game: "Exotic". Chris Collinsworth is an idiot.

Edit: With the questions coming into this season, this is probably the happiest I've ever been about a Cowboys loss.

Definitely winnable, but considering lacking your top 3 DBs, and starting 3 new linemen and one in a new position, and only a few weeks to learn a new defensive scheme, I was surprised they managed a 2 TD lead.

We aren't talking about the takeovers. The Ravens were physically beating up the Steelers all game. Manhandled would be an appropriate term. I watched the game.

Watch harder. Didn't you say the Steelers were going to miss the playoffs last year? The Steelers are still a better team than the Ravens; the only "hump" they've gotten over is finally beating them once with Roethlisberger actually playing. This game and the game against the Patriots were the two hardest games on the Steelers' schedule for this entire year. I'm not worried at all.