NFL 2012

A lot of recent mocks seem to be trying to toss Poe into Dallas with the 14th pick if he is still on the board. Personally I do not like the pick. I'm extremely wary of "Combine Kings".

I would much rather see first round attention given to the secondary if it's within reach at 14, and then address the defensive line in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The thing about Poe is that he was at a terrible program and probably got sub-par coaching. IMO its not the same as someone who didn't give 100% at Florida, Alabama etc. Good coaching and a competitive environment could change Poe a lot.

He's a gamble, but he has major upside. There aren't a lot of guys his size with legit pass rush skills. I think he would be a good fit in Dallas' scheme too. Honeslty, I'd be excited if the Eagles took him, though Cox is obviously a better fit.

I'm very suspicious of Poe. Everybody knows about his crazy athleticism but he really did nothing at Memphis. he didnt prove himself in penetration schemes, or as a run stuffer. The main thing that worries me is that he is 350 lbs but doesn't stop the run all that well, mainly trying to be a 1-Gap player. I think he will go in the Top 20 but he is a high risk player.

Cox I like a lot, he is really versatile and can fit in any system. The dude can penetrate against the pass, but also has the size and strength to stop the run. I don't like him quite as much as most people do as he still has some developing to do

My favorite, and #1 guy, is L.S.U's Michael Brockers. People knock him and say he is a raw prospect because he is only a Sophomore, but to me, that fact should only enhance his stock. In spite of being only a Sophomore last year the guy was arguably the most dynamic player on L.S.U's defense. Brockers made the whole defense great by consuming a double team on every play, collapsing the pocket, and making it impossible to be run on. If Brockers had stayed for another season its said he likely would be a Top 5 pick, and he is only going to get better. so this year, a team will probably be getting a Top 5 talent

I'm hoping you are aware that the schedules are no longer 'created', but rather determined by a set formula, right? 14 out of 16 games every year are pre-determined for centuries on end, assuming no teams or divisions change. They're just lucky that they 1) play in an ass division, 2) are slotted to play the NFC West and AFC South, who offer nothing outside of SF and Houston, and 3) benefit from the AFC West having been won by a .500 team.

Of course, if you were aware of this, consider this a general education post for those who are not aware. When the Texans entered the league and it switched to four division conferences, the league redesigned its schedule format. Now, in addition to the 6 division games every team plays every year, the rest of the schedule is filled out by playing 1) one division from the opposite conference, which rotates every year, 2) one division from the same conference that is not its own, which rotates every year, and 3) the teams in the other two inter-conference divisions that finished in the same place within their division as the team in question. So in the case of New England, they are slotted to play their division, the aforementioned NFC West and AFC South, and the Broncos and Ravens because they won their divisions.

I'm hoping you are aware that the schedules are no longer 'created', but rather determined by a set formula, right? 14 out of 16 games every year are pre-determined for centuries on end, assuming no teams or divisions change. They're just lucky that they 1) play in an ass division, 2) are slotted to play the NFC West and AFC South, who offer nothing outside of SF and Houston, and 3) benefit from the AFC West having been won by a .500 team.

Of course, if you were aware of this, consider this a general education post for those who are not aware. When the Texans entered the league and it switched to four division conferences, the league redesigned its schedule format. Now, in addition to the 6 division games every team plays every year, the rest of the schedule is filled out by playing 1) one division from the opposite conference, which rotates every year, 2) one division from the same conference that is not its own, which rotates every year, and 3) the teams in the other two inter-conference divisions that finished in the same place within their division as the team in question. So in the case of New England, they are slotted to play their division, the aforementioned NFC West and AFC South, and the Broncos and Ravens because they won their divisions.

Yes I know this. Only 4(?) games are determined by the previous years record. It's just bad enough that New England has been feasting on a weak division for the last decade. Now the division is improving finally, but they still manage to draw the other weak divisions for the next year.

Of course, there could be dramatic improvement across the board in 2012 (particularly in the AFC West), but still.

And of course, with the exception of the Redskins, the NFC East "power trio" are all in the upper half of the rankings. It is quite the cannibalistic division.

kevhetjj:iphone

Isaac Redman, thrilled about the Steelers' new 80th Anniversary throwbacks.

Great, The Pittsburgh Bumblebees.

Fitting though. Eventually the bee will either be swatted to death by whomever she has stung, or she will pull so much that the sting, poison sac and part of her abdominal contents will be pulled out of her body and left hanging and she will fly off to die.

Sounds like Pittsburgh in last years playoff gm, ba-DUM ching!

Great, The Pittsburgh Bumblebees.

Fitting though. Eventually the bee will either be swatted to death by whomever she has stung, or she will pull so much that the sting, poison sac and part of her abdominal contents will be pulled out of her body and left hanging and she will fly off to die.

Sounds like Pittsburgh in the playoffs, ba-DUM ching!

The Steelers have the most super bowls, conference titles, and playoff wins in history. :Spin:

Eagles got terribly fucked by the schedule makers. They play four teams that are coming off a bye week. They also play the Giants and Cowboys when they are coming off Thursday games. That means in 6 out of 16 games the opponent will have 4-7 extra day to prepare. What BS.