NFL 2012

He may not smell clean, but is that more from this supposed incident or the fact that people generally do not care about truth and care more about any negative attention to him?

Kind of cool to see someone stick up for their player, you don't really see that in any national sport as it may have some sort of outcry or negative reaction to their franchise, but the Cowboys are so trusting in this situation they are publicly defending and backing him. I think we should encourage this kind of behavior and not say 'wow, how inappropriate'

It is highly inappropriate for an official team website to go on the defensive like this. This has nothing to do with "the truth" or public bloodlust for bad press. It's pretty tactless (though typical of Jerry Jones) and shouldn't be encouraged. What this person wrote was more than just a statement of support; it was a borderline attack on anybody who had the audacity to judge a man by his actions without granting him the "poor upbringing" card. The general facts of the situation are pretty clear. He physically contacted his mother in an aggressive manner. It really doesn't matter what caused this to happen. I'm not saying he should go to jail or even get a suspension from the league, but he's repeatedly acted irresponsibly since he's been in the league, and he will be judged, fairly, based on that.

Organizations "stick up" for their players all the time (see: Adrian Peterson). But when they do stupid things like get DUIs, they also express their disappointment couple with their support and belief in their players (see: David Diehl).

It is highly inappropriate for an official team website to go on the defensive like this. This has nothing to do with "the truth" or public bloodlust for bad press. It's pretty tactless (though typical of Jerry Jones) and shouldn't be encouraged. What this person wrote was more than just a statement of support; it was a borderline attack on anybody who had the audacity to judge a man by his actions without granting him the "poor upbringing" card. The general facts of the situation are pretty clear. He physically contacted his mother in an aggressive manner. It really doesn't matter what caused this to happen. I'm not saying he should go to jail or even get a suspension from the league, but he's repeatedly acted irresponsibly since he's been in the league, and he will be judged, fairly, based on that.

Organizations "stick up" for their players all the time (see: Adrian Peterson). But when they do stupid things like get DUIs, they also express their disappointment couple with their support and belief in their players (see: David Diehl).

Late jewelry payments and saggy pants? If he weren't in Dallas these wouldn't even make the news.

A better word would have been "immature", and I shouldn't have limited it to since he's been in the league, but my point is still clear.

Well yes he has acted immature. The only difference between a boy from a broken and backwards home in the NFL and one in the projects is some skill and luck. Expecting better without mentoring is asking a lot. You certainly can't expect it through pure osmosis. I don't know what kind of mentoring program the DC have, but they need to be utilizing it in this case, particularly since they knew he had prior issues.

I'm not saying he shouldn't possibly get a team suspension. Not for this particular instance specifically, but just to send him a general message that his status in the NFL is a privilege.

Is Tatupu still worth a mention? Thought he had dropped off and thats why the Seahawks let him go.

BTW, so tempted to get Game Rewind this year. All 22 cam view and teleprompter tool included......so tempting....

No kidding, the coaches' film is really damn tempting. I think the extra angles are not available until the wednesday after the game though.

Supposedly they were getting close to finalizing a long-term deal within the past week. They've had other priorities, however. They recently re-signed Max Starks, then cut Jonathan Scott, then they finally signed David DeCastro and worked out a 3 year extension with Mike Tomlin.

The Steelers have a policy of not negotiating with holdouts (although he's technically not a holdout because he hasn't signed a contract), which they used against Hines Ward in 2005, who held out for 2 weeks before eventually reporting. Perhaps Wallace wasn't aware that not showing up would suspend talks.

Long story short, Wallace is not allowed to report until he has a contract (that means the Steelers also can't fine him for not showing up), but since they won't negotiate while he's not there, he will be forced to sign his first round tender and report to camp, and only then will negotiations resume. From then on I don't suspect it will take too long for a 5 year deal worth somewhere around $45-50 million with $20-25 guaranteed to be done.

:lol:

Well, it's actually not totally gone, although it's less likely now. Brown will have a low cap his this year. If Wallace would accept an offer that averages around $10 million a season, they could easily work that for 2012. But supposedly he turned down an offer around that right before training camp. Let's see if the media shitstorm and subsequent extension of Brown will have a positive or negative effect on him. He could say "hey, I should take what I can get" or he can say "fuck this shit" and hold out until week 11 and shoot for unrestricted free agency next year.

Haha, yeah, Roethlisberger just needed some attention since Wallace and Brown were getting the lion's share. What he actually has is "thrower's arm", which from what I understand is something that likely many other quarterbacks (and pitchers) also have, and is more akin to inflammation. It's basically a very slight muscle tear that is 'with' the grain, so the speak, rather than against it, and really has no side effects other than occasional soreness. It happened in November and he played through it; it's basically a non-issue.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/41506/cowboys-monday-practice-observations

If you didn't know anything about his off-field issues and you just showed up to watch a Cowboys practice, you'd think Dez Bryant was one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. Yeah, there was a play on which Brandon Carr carried him on a route and took the ball away from him for a nifty interception. And there was another on which he didn't turn and look when Tony Romo threw it to him on a hot route. But Romo throws the ball to him a lot, and you can see why. Bryant creates a physical mismatch against any defensive back that tries to cover him. (Carr beat him with guile and timing.) Romo can throw it high if he needs to and knows Bryant will out-jump his man. He can be confident in Bryant's ability to use his body to shield the ball from the defender. He can throw deep to him. He can hit him on an underneath route and feel good about his chances to shake a tackle and turn it upfield for a big gain. He can hit him, as he did, on a fade route in the end zone from the 1-yard line. If he can stay out of further trouble and on the field, there's little reason to believe Bryant can't have a huge season.

and the really bad:

The first team offensive line, left to right, was Tyron Smith, David Arkin, Phil Costa, Ronald Leary and Doug Free. Arkin also got snaps at center with the second-team line, which featured Derrick Dockery and Daniel Loper at guard with Jermey Parnell and Pat McQuistan at tackle. The offensive line looks like a major area of concern, and there's little depth with so many potential starters out.
Smith is the one player on the line to feel great about. Coach Jason Garrett said he was "still learning how to get out of his stance on the left side," which makes sense since Smith played right tackle throughout college and during his excellent rookie season last year. And it's not 100 percent fair to judge a guy against DeMarcus Ware. But once he gets his hands on the defender, there's no getting by Smith. Once the footwork and everything on which he needs to re-train himself becomes second nature on his new side, he should be just fine.

Tebow is horrible for the Jets situation. There's a home for him in the NFL, but with the issues surrounding Sanhez, bringing him on board was a dumb decision if Sanchez is supposed to be "your guy".

It will either light a fire under his ass and he'll actually become the guy, which he's currently not, or it will cement the idea that he's just never going to be the guy. I'm not saying there's no way it can go south, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing either, and there are a lot of things he can do in the meantime to help out the team. I guarantee the team will run better with him in the game, for example. The running game always improves with a mobile quarterback due to the dual threat.

Competition is what Sanchez needs. Sanchez was basically handed the starting position when he showed up. If Tebow is a distraction for him he needs to grow a pair. Although when you look at the progress of Sanchez over the last couple of seasons you cant complain really. Especially compared to the teams (offensively) overall decline you can't help but wonder what the hell they're doing in the front office. Where's your runnigback? Oline isn't the same/has problems and outside of Holmes (who is also a problem) & Keller what weapons do they have?

As far as the Giants go im really worried about our Oline and Linebackers.

Snee is solid. Our center Baas has something to prove. Diehl is another year older and average at best. Beatty is soft at left tackle and Boothe is a great back up that can play all positions but I don't see him being consistent over the course of an entire year. I have high hopes for G Mitch Petrus to step in mid year.

I was really hoping when we picked up Rivers that he could play MLB but I guess he's too small and a prototypical OLB. IMHO Blackburn and Herzlich "competing" for a stating MLB spot is weak and almost laughable. We all know the Giants are going to run the Big Nickel again with Williams and Rivers taking over Grants spot.