NFL 2012

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/44818/what-was-d-j-williams-thinking

If D.J. Williams is trying to test the patience of his employees, he may be succeeding.

The latest controversy surrounding the talented but troubled veteran linebacker unfolded Friday when Williams tweeted photos of six of the Broncos’ defensive plays. Denver's playbook is published on an iPad.

The Denver Post reported that the team contacted Williams and the photos were taken down.

Haha, yeah, I saw that. Smart move.

In other news, Big Ben is going to have a Little Ben. PR move, or simply an accident?

The article doesn't really comment on situational play calling. He merely poses questions without attempting to answer them. The increase of passing as a first option and passing to set up the run has most certainly increased, I would hypothesize. I do accept the general notion of the article, however, that the impression of the term "pass-happy" is not quite the reality. I don't find it surprising that passing rose in the late 70s and in recent years, however; they both coincide with significant rule changes that favor passing success.

Yeah, the assertion is that passing is more effective than it used to be, represented by increased Comp% and total pass yards on the rise, which are an outgrowth of the hands off approach to receivers and QBs.

How Much Would 304 Lb. Giants Tackle David Diehl Need To Drink To Blow A .18?

Last night, 10th-year Giants tackle David Diehl became the latest in a flurry of NFL players to get arrested for DWI, allegedly blowing a .18 after smashing into several parked cars.
http://sportsrapport.com/2012/06/11...ackle-david-diehl-need-to-drink-to-blow-a-18/

Shit, I wouldnt be surprised if he blew a .18 before some of the games last year.

Tomlinson is retiring as Charger.

Such a shame, years ago I though he had a chance to catch Sanders, maybe even Smith. Came up at least two big years shy of Sanders. Seems like when a back runs out of gas it happens pretty quick.

And...3-4 defensive ends are very different from 4-3 defensive ends. JPP wouldn't be JPP in a 3-4.

Some might characterize this as whining. I consider it his prerogative. We are all independent actors, and have to make our own choices.

I don't have a problem if he wants a new contract (especially when 1st rounders only get 4 years now under the new CBA), but I don't blame the team for being hesitant about his health and character concerns, if that is the case.

Because he's the best all around player on that team? He gets hurt because he plays so many different positions during a game since that team sucks ass. And to be fair, there's not much he can do about the migraines.