NFL 2012

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/16

I was pretty damn close to ESPN rankings, and have the Texans, Cowboys, Bengals exactly the same. Most are just off by one up or down.

I think your list, and ESPN's long with their idiotic comments, are way off base.

How can you justify having the Patriots and 49ers that high when there are clearly three other teams playing way better football consistently than both of those teams.

Sanchez and E Manning through their first four seasons

Sanchez: 1,832 passes, 1,011 complete, 55.2, 11,887 yards, 68 TD, 68 INT, 72.0 Rat

Manning: 1,805 passes, 987 complete, 54.7, 11,385 yards, 77 TD, 64 INT, 73.4 Rat

Also

Sanchez: 41 fumbles, 19 lost

Manning: 34 fumbles, 13 lost

You're right though, Manning wasn't very good when he came into the league either. However, in his fourth season he took off in the playoffs and led his team to a Super Bowl victory and has since been a better quarterback. It was always clear that Manning had the talent (and the pedigree) to do better, but I have a hard time seeing that in Sanchez.

Also, I've never seen the leadership qualities from Sanchez that you see in most franchise QBs. Doesn't seem to hold the attention and respect of his teammates. Then again, Ryan/Sporano hasn't helped that in the least. For example, he finally has a 3 consecutive completions and in comes Tebow to lead the team to a three and out. That whole offense is a mess from top to bottom.

Agreed, the problem with the Jets most certainly runs deeper than who's under center. Eli certainly had a much more stable platform from which to grow and prosper at his own pace. Is there a team for Sanchez where he can benefit from a similar sense of stability and structure that would actually nurture his growth as a quarterback and a leader?

Ware fined for shot to Roethlisberger’s head

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 20, 2012, 5:13 PM EST

Reuters
Cowboys outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware was fined $15,750 for last week’s hit on Ben Roethlisberger, according to Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com.

The hit drew a penalty which could have been even more costly to his team.

Ware was flagged for roughing the passer, but sacks on the next two plays in the fourth quarter kept the 15 yards from being more damaging.

Ware caught the Steelers quarterback in the back of the head with his right arm, and the league was careful to notice.

Running back DeMarco Murray was also fined $7,875 for a face mask which wasn’t called on the field.

Yeah I was wondering about that facemask. He pushed whoever the defender was back for a good five yards I'm guessing. The fine was pretty weak for Ware's hit, and still BS. I agree with Reed and Harrison in general.

@KR: What 3 teams are consistently playing better than the 49ers and Patriots against quality opponents right now/recently? The Broncos and Texans maybe. The top 5 is really sort of a tossup, but the Texans had their ass beat by the Pats and the Pats barely lost to the 9ers.

Eli is better pre-snap and as a leader but these are things Sanchez can improve. What the Jets did to him and Tebow is ridiculous. Rex Ryan doesn't have a clue.

Eli is better pre-snap and as a leader but these are things Sanchez can improve. What the Jets did to him and Tebow is ridiculous. Rex Ryan doesn't have a clue.

Yeah, Tebow is gonna curse every team he plays for. He has just enough talent that OCs won't be able to resist screwing around with him, but he's not good enough to be a true backup QB. Basically a wasted roster spot and a massive distraction for your starting QB. Elway and Fox were smart to ship him out of town the first chance they got.

Let me ask you a question though, If you were a Jag fan who would you rather open up the 2013 season with Tebow or Gabbert

No ticket sales talk, just from a pure football perspective.

I think I've watched one game by Gabbart as a pro, so based mostly on hearsay and stats, I'd go with Tebow over Gabbert. That said, I think they'll have another 3-6 win season if they do get Tebow.

anyone else think michael vick will end up with the jets? god i hope not. i watched the jets go 1-15 one year but i might not watch football next year if vick is on the jets

I think I've watched one game by Gabbart as a pro, so based mostly on hearsay and stats, I'd go with Tebow over Gabbert. That said, I think they'll have another 3-6 win season if they do get Tebow.

Hm, you're probably right, but I think if you give Tebow the right OC (spread option), a dominant RB, good Oline, plus a defense and you could have a winning team.

Imagine Tebow on the Vikings with Peterson.

Hm, you're probably right, but I think if you give Tebow the right OC (spread option), a dominant RB, good Oline, plus a defense and you could have a winning team.

We KNOW he can win in that situation because he did so last year in Denver. But then again, Sanchez and Grossman had even more success in similar situations, so it doean't mean a lot. At least with the other guys you don't have to reconstruct your entire offense. I don't see a point in doing that for a guy of Tebow's calliber. Just look for a real QB.

Imagine Tebow on the Vikings with Peterson.

I'm imagining it. Incomplete.