NFL 2012

Did you guys watch sportscenter? Trent Dilfer vocalized my point about how terrible RG3 is at throwing, loved it! He's missing easy, open passes and you have no one to blame but yourself.

But after I watched that suspended Seahawks corner come back for the game, and then Sherman talking shit after the game ended in the talks..makes me feel like I shouldn't root for that team..they seem dirtier every game I watch.

:lol: at the bungles. andy dalton in his first 2 years just never seems to put up the numbers in the big games. what is his TD/INT ratio now in the playoffs? like 1 TD/4 INT or something right

The Bengales sucked so bad. Bengales and Texan's game was one of the worst games have seen. I was surprised either team made it as far as they did. Texan's have no shot against The Patriots.

Redskins have an interesting running game and can pass too. I love watching watching them play, but RG3 should have never been on the Field. I feel like they lost because of it. It's to bad because he's an excellent rookie quarterback, they had two touchtowns early in the game and it seemed they would dominate. RG3 was tackled and than after that the guy looked like an old man on the field. I could not believe it. Seahawks are not a bad team or anything, but the Redskins had superbowl potential. I guess next season they will be a force.

Stats broken by Colts players in the Wild Card game yesterday:

- Andrew Luck's 288 yards passing were the most by a rookie quarterback since Sammy Baugh in 1937! Baugh had 398 yards against the Chicago Bears back when the post-season was just one game, the December championship.

- Luck's 54 attempts were the most by a rookie QB in the post-season game since the merger.

- Luck's stat line in his first post-season game (28-52, 288 yards, 1 INT); Peyton Manning's stat line in his first post-season game (19-42, 227 yards, 1 rushing TD).

- Vick Ballard's 22 rushes for 91 yards are the most yards for a Colts runningback in the post-season game since Dominic Rhodes galloped for 113 yards and a TD in the Colts Super Bowl XLI win over the Bears back in 2007.

- T.Y. Hilton's 6 catches for 88 yards were the most by a Colts rookie receiver in the playoff game since Austin Collie hauled in 7 catches for 123 yards and a TD against the Jets in the AFC Championship Game back in 2010.

- I ALMOST FORGOT THE BEST ONE!!! Wayne's 9 catches Sunday put him ahead of the Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin and Steelers wideout Hines Ward, into second place on the all-time in the playoffs with 92 grabs in 18 playoff games! Congrats Reggie!

edit: Just read that the Colts will have $40 million in cap space this offseason. Holy fucking shit that's awesome!

I totally regret taking the Colts and Bengals. Stupid picks. Colts are a ba team with an awesome QB and a few good recievers. I let my Colts fanboyism (they became my B team this year with the Eagles sucking) cloud my thinking. I went against the Texans because I don't trust Schaub and he did indeed have a bad game. But now that I think about it, what made me trust Dalton?

Oh well, my bracket is still in tact. Broncos and Patriots win in blowouts next week while the Packers and Seahawks win close ones.

I really think Seattle is a bad matchup for the Falcons. Falcons defense finished 21st against the run, and when one takes into acount that they usually had the lead, thats really bad. Seahawks will gash them on the ground. Then, Seattle has DBs size and physicality to at least slow down the Falcons recievers.

As for 49ers-Packers, it comes down to Rodgers vs. Kerpatrick. Easy choice.

AFC games both seem straight forward. Pats and Broncos are the bet two teams in football.

Did you guys watch sportscenter? Trent Dilfer vocalized my point about how terrible RG3 is at throwing, loved it! He's missing easy, open passes and you have no one to blame but yourself.

But after I watched that suspended Seahawks corner come back for the game, and then Sherman talking shit after the game ended in the talks..makes me feel like I shouldn't root for that team..they seem dirtier every game I watch.

Yeah I wondered the same thing to myself today. RGIII really seemed to struggle not only with execution but also decision makkng yesterday. When his lega are taken away, he looks like a sub-par QB. To be fair, his bad knee was probably hampering his throwing motion quite a bit. Still, I don't see a long, flourish career for RGIII unless he improves his passing game from the pocket. Just too many dangerous close calls this season. Concusions and knee injuries are the two quickest ways to early retirement.

And yeah, I love the way the Seahawks play the game. Just tough, physical and nasty. Yet, there's still a lot of creativity in both the offensive and defensive schemes so I never know what to expect.

His passing wasn't great yesterday, nor was it the week before. I think it's because of his knee injury though. It's pretty hard to step into a pass when you're limping around.

Nonsense.

He's been doing this all year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niey00SmjaU

Let me clarify my argument. I'm not denying that he can throw from the pocket, but the fact that he has been doing so much with his feet makes changes the way defenses play against him. Defenses have totally been on their toes while playing him, which makes it easier to throw from the pocket when he stays there. That's the positive. The negative is that running so much exposes him to injury.

He ran the ball 120 times in 15 games. That's Mike Vick in Atlanta numbers, and we all saw how many injuries that lead to. In one season RG3 has already got a concussion and partially tore his ACL. Obviously, that's not sustainable.

Ideally you'd want him to be like McNabb or Young in their primes: a passing quarterback who can still burn you with his feet a few times per game. All I'm questioning is whether or not RG3 can succeed while playing in that style.

Oh, and since Andy Reid fat jokes never get old:

A_3JpJdCcAAH0vK.jpg

Let me clarify my argument. I'm not denying that he can throw from the pocket, but the fact that he has been doing so much with his feet makes changes the way defenses play against him. Defenses have totally been on their toes while playing him, which makes it easier to throw from the pocket when he stays there. That's the positive. The negative is that running so much exposes him to injury.

He ran the ball 120 times in 15 games. That's Mike Vick in Atlanta numbers, and we all saw how many injuries that lead to. In one season RG3 has already got a concussion and partially tore his ACL. Obviously, that's not sustainable.

Ideally you'd want him to be like McNabb or Young in their primes: a passing quarterback who can still burn you with his feet a few times per game. All I'm questioning is whether or not RG3 can succeed while playing in that style.

[/IMG]

Good explanation. I think he will become what Mcnabb was supposed to be. Only more dynamic.

He won't be in the league very long unless he stops running so much.

On a side note, what a disappointing bcs championship game. Was hoping it would at least be close.

His passing wasn't great yesterday, nor was it the week before. I think it's because of his knee injury though. It's pretty hard to step into a pass when you're limping around.

I blame the knee injury, he's a better quarterback than Russell Wilson of the Seahawks.

Time has already told the story, Garrett is a failure. I almost can't believe you're still clinging to the idea that he has potential of being a good coach.

:rolleyes:

I think he needs to stop calling plays. That has nothing to do with all the functions of a head coach. Even if he was a good OC in his own right, trying to be both the head coach and a coordinator is simply too much, and one or the other is going to suffer.

From a mentality and organization standpoint, the team is looking better than I have ever seen it. It's going to take a while to clean up from the Wade years personnel wise. Garrett already has that well underway. If one offseason and the most injuries probably ever recorded on one side of the ball (defense) and still pulling out a .500 record is failure to you, I can't believe you stuck with Peyton through his first year.