NFL 2013

The Eagles are going to be competitive. You have to be really happy if you're an Eagle fan.

NFC East is the best Division in Football. This season is going to be brutal.

the eagles offensive players were puffing and weezing by mid 3rd quarter. they can't keep that pace up all year. college is different than the nfl

The Eagles looked great, but beware the Siren's song. We'll see how long it is before Vick makes the wrong move and gets himself injured. I'd like to see them do well, just skeptical.

The Eagles looked great, but beware the Siren's song. We'll see how long it is before Vick makes the wrong move and gets himself injured. I'd like to see them do well, just skeptical.

I actually think the Eagles will be fine when (not if) Foles is at the helm. Yes, you lose the dynamism in the read option, but he's actually a more accurate QB with a quick release and in the preseason he was going through his reads quickly and efficiently. So I think the offense will flow fine with Foles.

I'd be more worried about losing McCoy or Jackson. With Maclin already done for the year, we have no other speed players at WR and obviously McCoy is one of a kind.

but the Hawks and 49ers are WAY better than anything the NFC east has to offer

This is where you're wrong and I can see that maybe you don't truly understand either Football or the NFL and just follow trends. It doesn;t work that way man. When the Giants went into San Fran last year and beat them the 49ers were a "WAY better team" when in reality they match up really well. And the fact is all NFC East teams match up really well and could beat anyone on any day.

^Agreed. You can't always say a 12 win team is better than a 9 win team because that 12 win team could've had a much easier schedule. That's part of the reason why you see 4-6 seeds make deep playoff runs imo.

This is where you're wrong and I can see that maybe you don't truly understand either Football or the NFL and just follow trends. It doesn;t work that way man. When the Giants went into San Fran last year and beat them the 49ers were a "WAY better team" when in reality they match up really well. And the fact is all NFC East teams match up really well and could beat anyone on any day.

This is such a silly point you made here. Yeah the Giants whooped on the 49ers early in the season(I think I watched that game, it was a goodie)but Kaepernick wasn't an element in their offense yet so kind of a moot point. The Giants also lost 34-0 to the Falcons while the 49ers beat them by 4, what does mean for your logical NFL thought train?

While the 49ers went to the NFC Championship game(and really should have beaten the Giants that year, how often does a punt returner blow the game TWICE in one game?) and the Super Bowl in consecutive seasons and have improved their roster again, and haven't lost any pieces yet. Boldin literally won the Super Bowl for the Ravens, and Davis appears to be back into the offense but maybe they will miss Crab/Manningham later in the season but who knows. The Seahawks have as well, Lynch might be the most dynamic back in the league next to AP and Percy should help Russel but I don't think their offense is good enough yet.

Of course any team can beat any team at any day, THAT IS SPORTS, but 49ers and Hawks are easily NFC favorites this season unless something miraculous happens. I'd say the Vikings/Bears/Falcons are all that spot directly underneath the Hawks/49ers in terms of taking the NFC over, way before any NFC east team is ready to do that.

Eli and the Giants having 6 turnovers and no RB means they probably won't go that far. RG3 was made to look good by Morris' and Eagles are interesting but I missed the first half so I can't really have an opinion on them. Romo won't do anything until he can hand the ball of consistently and count on his defense, which may happen this year but who knows yet.

This is such a silly point you made here. Yeah the Giants whooped on the 49ers early in the season(I think I watched that game, it was a goodie)but Kaepernick wasn't an element in their offense yet so kind of a moot point. The Giants also lost 34-0 to the Falcons while the 49ers beat them by 4, what does mean for your logical NFL thought train?

The point wasn't about whether who ( you pointing out Kaep not playing) the Giants were going against but what the fans, probably including you and analyst were saying about the game itself. The Giants had "no chance!" of beating the 49ers in San Fran.

Like I said it's about match ups and the Giants did not match up well against the Falcons. The idea of team A beat team B and team B beat team C while team A lost to team C doesnt mean a thing. That's why some Divisions are so tight. They're completely different games with different match ups and game plans.

While the 49ers went to the NFC Championship game(and really should have beaten the Giants that year, how often does a punt returner blow the game TWICE in one game?) and the Super Bowl in consecutive seasons and have improved their roster again, and haven't lost any pieces yet. Boldin literally won the Super Bowl for the Ravens, and Davis appears to be back into the offense but maybe they will miss Crab/Manningham later in the season but who knows. The Seahawks have as well, Lynch might be the most dynamic back in the league next to AP and Percy should help Russel but I don't think their offense is good enough yet.

Punt returners are an important part of the team and Harbaugh should have taken him out right away. No excuses, Giants still held them down. It was a close game regardless.

49ers are a good team. Seahawks will prove to be over-rated.

Of course any team can beat any team at any day, THAT IS SPORTS, but 49ers and Hawks are easily NFC favorites this season unless something miraculous happens. I'd say the Vikings/Bears/Falcons are all that spot directly underneath the Hawks/49ers in terms of taking the NFC over, way before any NFC east team is ready to do that.

unless something miraculous happens? lol You're just another victim of oversimplification and exaggeration. The media sells you the hype and you bought right in. Next you'll throw me a link to power rankings.

Eli and the Giants having 6 turnovers and no RB means they probably won't go that far. RG3 was made to look good by Morris' and Eagles are interesting but I missed the first half so I can't really have an opinion on them. Romo won't do anything until he can hand the ball of consistently and count on his defense, which may happen this year but who knows yet.

So when the 49ers fumble 2 balls it's an anomaly but when the Giants have 6 TO's in one game it's a sign of performance and their future, how convenient for you.

It was one game. What do you think that they're gonna have 6 TO's every game? lol in that case yea, sure, but highly improbable. How many teams do you know can have 5 TO's with 2 minutes left in the game, be on the 50 down by 6, with a shot to win? not many at all. The Giants are going to be fine.

Bottom line is and my original point being that the NFC East is a better over-all Division than the West. Yes, the 49ers are in the top 2 in the league right now and the Seahawks are consider at least top 6 ( although I predict a mediocre season for them ) but I'll take the East bottom 2 to the West bottom 2 hands down.

Time will tell, until then...

I'd say the Vikings/Bears/Falcons are all that spot directly underneath the Hawks/49ers in terms of taking the NFC over, way before any NFC east team is ready to do that.

The Vikings? :tickled: They're a 5-7 win team. Possibly even worse if Ponder totally flames out.

Well it's week 2 and Amendola is already out :lol: This is a kinda scary game for the Pats. They should beat the Jets, but the cupboard is basically bare at the skill positions.

The Vikings? :tickled: They're a 5-7 win team. Possibly even worse if Ponder totally flames out.

Well it's week 2 and Amendola is already out :lol: This is a kinda scary game for the Pats. They should beat the Jets, but the cupboard is basically bare at the skill positions.

as a long time jets fans i think the pats will win tonight but i think it will be a lot closer then people think and if the jets can run the ball they actually might win

The point wasn't about whether who ( you pointing out Kaep not playing) the Giants were going against but what the fans, probably including you and analyst were saying about the game itself. The Giants had "no chance!" of beating the 49ers in San Fran.

Uh people say this every week in sports. I said last week there was very little chance the Bills could do anything against the Pats, and we should have won. That's why they play the game...

Punt returners are an important part of the team and Harbaugh should have taken him out right away. No excuses, Giants still held them down. It was a close game regardless.

49ers are a good team. Seahawks will prove to be over-rated.

Regardless, name the last time a punt returner fumbled twice in a deep playoff game? Pretty crazy circumstances.

unless something miraculous happens? lol You're just another victim of oversimplification and exaggeration. The media sells you the hype and you bought right in. Next you'll throw me a link to power rankings.

Prove me wrong. What team has a better roster and coach and has consistently played well in the last 2 seasons?

So when the 49ers fumble 2 balls it's an anomaly but when the Giants have 6 TO's in one game it's a sign of performance and their future, how convenient for you.

It was one game. What do you think that they're gonna have 6 TO's every game? lol in that case yea, sure, but highly improbable. How many teams do you know can have 5 TO's with 2 minutes left in the game, be on the 50 down by 6, with a shot to win? not many at all. The Giants are going to be fine.

Uh it definitely is an anomaly but so is the 6 turnovers, but you also didn't talk about the other 3 sentences about the Giants and their problems did you? The Cowboys inability to have an offense is a different element entirely to this discussion.

Bottom line is and my original point being that the NFC East is a better over-all Division than the West. Yes, the 49ers are in the top 2 in the league right now and the Seahawks are consider at least top 6 ( although I predict a mediocre season for them ) but I'll take the East bottom 2 to the West bottom 2 hands down..

St Louis is probably pretty equal to a bottom east team but I would say Arizona's terrible ness is equal to the talent of the Hawks/49ers over whoever the top2 in the East turn out to be.

All they did was improve from last season, Bears are still a ? and Packers lost their best receiver and still can't run the ball. They should be all right.

Not a great performance by the Pats by any means, but ill take the gutsy win.
Just will say fuck the Jets and fuck that blowhard coach. Piece of shit late hit out of bounds at the end and then two Jet players thrown out of game for acting like pussies in the loss.