NFL 2013

Packers are fucking the Redskins in the ass. Hopefully they don't falter in the second half like normal.

Too bad Eddie Lacy is out with a concussion...I have him as a RB in one of my FF leagues. Crazy game between Vikings and Bears. I can see it going either way and I am surprised it is 24-21 at halftime.

Yeah the guy who hit him high tried to hit someone else high and got a concussion himself, which I was happy to see.

tumblr_mt6ykvw09G1rmettlo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt6ve6tFgc1qh6f21o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt6satzBA11qkfzdlo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt67mwiNhH1ruxwoco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt52pkBvkQ1ro9fwqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgq6krRhZv1rqyqnzo1_500.jpg

-The secondary is mediocre, as expected. Cary Williams played better than I anticipated. And at least they were tackling, unlike the last few years.

Let me correct this: The Eagles' secondary is awful. The safties suck and Williams is limited. Really only Boykins is the only worthwhile player and he's better suited for nickle back. And the pass rush is basically just Trent Cole. This defense is going to give up a lot of points.

The good news is this offense looks great. Vick is playing way better than I expected. He's making smart decisions, protecting the ball and is accurate. A large part of this is due to the line playing very well. Desean Jackson had almost 200 yards receiving and was inches away from catching two more bombs and had another bomb called back on a penalty. He might be finally reaching his true potential.

Oh, and the Seahawks are really fucking good.

The good news is this offense looks great. Vick is playing way better than I expected. He's making smart decisions, protecting the ball and is accurate. A large part of this is due to the line playing very well. Desean Jackson had almost 200 yards receiving and was inches away from catching two more bombs and had another bomb called back on a penalty. He might be finally reaching his true potential.

The Eagles are really fun to watch but imho I don;t think it's going to last. The play style is too high risk, it promotes mistakes and turnovers and I think it is going to wear them out by mid season and it's prone to injuries especially for Vick. Also Chip Kelly saying "We probably should have ran the clock" is the first red flag I see. That's just not going to fly in pro football.

and I agree their D is mediocre - bad.

I do think they're at best 10-6 and at worst a 7-9 football team.

The Eagles are really fun to watch but imho I don;t think it's going to last. The play style is too high risk, it promotes mistakes and turnovers and I think it is going to wear them out by mid season and it's prone to injuries especially for Vick.

I don't see how it's high risk. The options are all pretty basic concepts of taking what the defense gives you. If they bring the safety up, throw it; if they bring the safety back run it.

There is no evidence to support your turnover theory. They have one turnover in two games and even that call was questionable. And this is coming from a team who turned it over 37 times a year ago. And just based on the eyeball test, I'm not seeing Vick throw up those WTF passes that he threw up several times a game last season.

I also don't see how this scheme is any more injury prone than any other scheme. I agree that Vick is an injury prone player, but that's been true in every scheme he's played in throughout his career.

Also Chip Kelly saying "We probably should have ran the clock" is the first red flag I see. That's just not going to fly in pro football.

I think people have to be realistic. This is only his second NFL game. There is going to be a learning curb and he's gonna make some mistakes along the way. It's a matter of learning to adjust to the nuances of the pro game over the next year or two.

All that said, I agree with your basic evaluation- looks somewhere between a 10-6 to 7-9 team.

I don't see how it's high risk. The options are all pretty basic concepts of taking what the defense gives you. If they bring the safety up, throw it; if they bring the safety back run it.

There is no evidence to support your turnover theory. They have one turnover in two games and even that call was questionable. And this is coming from a team who turned it over 37 times a year ago. And just based on the eyeball test, I'm not seeing Vick throw up those WTF passes that he threw up several times a game last season.

I also don't see how this scheme is any more injury prone than any other scheme. I agree that Vick is an injury prone player, but that's been true in every scheme he's played in throughout his career.

Yeah you're pretty much right on. I'm just sayin' if I were an Eagles fan these are the things I'd be worried about. The pace they play at makes me think as teams evaluate and adapt and/or they play a good D Vick will eventually make bad reads that will turn into picks, fumbles and injuries over the course of the season. Again, you're right, I really have no evidence; this scheme is fun yet unsettling to me.

I also really don;t like how it has potential to leave the D on the field with quick 3 and outs on consecutive drives.

Right now I don't want to play the Eagles. If JPP doesn't get healthy the Giants are really going to have their hands full when they play.

Massive blow for the Broncos: all pro LT Ryan Clady is done for the year. If anyone can handle this sort of loss it's Manning, but it's definitely gonna mean Denver will have to give more help on the left side and will lose a step in the run game. Seahawks also lost their LT Russell Okung, though that should only be for about a month.

Wow, the Browns traded Trent Richardson to the Colts for a 2014 1st round pick. I know it's new management in Cleveland, but trading the 3rd overall pick after just one year is still pretty crazy. Looks like the Browns are going all in to the Jags a run for their money in the Bridgewater sweepstakes.