NFL 2013

I too have seen better from the Pats, got a little nervous especially at the end there. But a close win is always more rewarding, in my opinion.

Muzmaze: Rex Ryan sure looked de-blowharded after the game was over though. Was nice to see him looking like that. Hate that prick.

One question, though: Who was it that threw the one touchdown for the Jets? (I had left the room when that happened?)

Yeah I went for it and took the Pats in my suicide pool. Pretty stressful but it worked out. Both teams recievers are terrible. I can't remeber the last time Insaw so many drops in one game. Also, Geno Smith is gonna bust, especially with the toxic coaching combo of Ryan and Mornhenwig.

Not a great performance by the Pats by any means, but ill take the gutsy win.
Just will say fuck the Jets and fuck that blowhard coach. Piece of shit late hit out of bounds at the end and then two Jet players thrown out of game for acting like pussies in the loss.

hey dude the "piece of shit" who late hit out of bounds was actually trying to tackle the player before he was out of bounds and then slid into the pats player because of the rain. its a center and offensive players usually aren't that great at tackling. i want to know why the pats player who came up and pushed nick mangold after that and started that entire brawl didn't get flagged

I too have seen better from the Pats, got a little nervous especially at the end there. But a close win is always more rewarding, in my opinion.

Muzmaze: Rex Ryan sure looked de-blowharded after the game was over though. Was nice to see him looking like that. Hate that prick.

One question, though: Who was it that threw the one touchdown for the Jets? (I had left the room when that happened?)

it was a rushing TD

Jake...no td was thrown. It was a rushing td i believe. Jets did have a look to be td pass that was overturned as incomplete. Yeah Crims it was pretty ugly. Stat of nite- Brady held under 50% passing and Pats lowest point total...both since 2009. Bradys only and best weapon is now Edlemen, wtf yikes! Amendola out 3-6.

@ mdmatt- it was a bogus play, he dove at his knees while DB was out of bounds. And the pushing and shoving is one thing (by Pats player), but throwing full-blown punches at players and hitting a Ref is another thing. Two Jet players were thrown out for a reason. Screw that man, you got no arguement here.

Yeah I went for it and took the Pats in my suicide pool. Pretty stressful but it worked out. Both teams recievers are terrible. I can't remeber the last time Insaw so many drops in one game. Also, Geno Smith is gonna bust, especially with the toxic coaching combo of Ryan and Mornhenwig.

geno will be fine. only 1 INT was really his fault, the other tmes the wet ball was squirting out of players hands

Geno had two badly under-thrown balls that resulted in INTs. Dont think he'll be fine at all at this point.

Just checked ESPN - it appears that it was Bilal Powell who made the rushing touchdown? (I thought it was a rushing touchdown... excuse my late-night spaciness).

And I'll always defend the Pats, but I have to agree, our new receivers do suck. Gronk should be back soon though (who know how he'll be), of course Welker didn't re-sign (which no one around here will shut up about)... and yeah, we all know about Aaron Hernandez. All we have now is Julian Edelman, who's only ehhh... and Amendola is injury-prone.

Yeah not good. Only bright spot is its somewhat nice to see the Pats D- step up pick up the O- and finally win ugly low scoring games. See how they do when facing a real QB?

Next week is Tampa Bay... at least we have 10 days to school the rookies to prepare for Josh Freeman as opposed to 7.

geno will be fine. only 1 INT was really his fault, the other tmes the wet ball was squirting out of players hands

I thought he looked really bad.
-On a number of occasions he held the ball way too long.
-He didn't have pocket presence.
-At least two of the picks were his fault and he had a few other reckless passes that bounced off Pat defenders.
-It didn't help that his recievers had cement habds, but still he was well below 50% completion.

Yea, Geno is far from fine. He can't make reads, holds the ball too long and he's not athletic enough to be running around like that.

Pats are in some deep shit; Brady knows it. I hear people talking about their D like they played amazing lol they went against two rookie QBs.

Yea, Geno is far from fine. He can't make reads, holds the ball too long and he's not athletic enough to be running around like that.

Pats are in some deep shit; Brady knows it. I hear people talking about their D like they played amazing lol they went against two rookie QBs.

I dont think the Pats D- played amazing at all and theyll be tested bigtime as mentioned when facing a real QB. With the state of this offense or lack there of the D- will have to step up keep it low scoring and grind out wins like they have albiet against Bill and Jets. No more guaranteed 30 ppg to count on by this offense, thats what this D- has been use to.

I thought he looked really bad.
-On a number of occasions he held the ball way too long.
-He didn't have pocket presence.
-At least two of the picks were his fault and he had a few other reckless passes that bounced off Pat defenders.
-It didn't help that his recievers had cement habds, but still he was well below 50% completion.

he did hold the ball a bit too long sometimes which is something he didn't do as much week 1. i knew being his first nfl road game against a rival on primetime tv he was going to be shaky.it looked sometimes like geno didn't know if he should run or pass. tom brady was also below %50 though. the play calling on offense in the 4th quarter by the jets was almost laughable. ivory was tearing it up and then they only called 1 running play for him in the 4th quarter. made no sense and as espn pointed out 9 plays called in the 4th quarter were pass plays on 10+ yards. really when its raining and the receivers are dropping passes thats the best thing to do?
i'm not sure if everyone knew this. for the jets TEs cumberland and winslow jr, receivers holmes and hill and RBs ivory and powell all have injuries with holmes, ivory, winslow jr and powell getting extra days off each week to rest the injury. receiver jeremey kerley was out with an injury last night and RB mike goodson is suspended until october. starting FB hillard broke his shoulder blade in preseason and is out so we have a rookie FB and our only healthy receiver only the field last night is a rookie who gets limited minutes. yes i know the pats had lots of injuries last night too but i don't think they were fielding injured players to catch passes

he did hold the ball a bit too long sometimes which is something he didn't do as much week 1. i knew being his first nfl road game against a rival on primetime tv he was going to be shaky.it looked sometimes like geno didn't know if he should run or pass.

Fair enough. I didn't see them last week so I can't speak on that. And yeah, he's not the first rookie to be indecisive in a big road game.

the play calling on offense in the 4th quarter by the jets was almost laughable. ivory was tearing it up and then they only called 1 running play for him in the 4th quarter. made no sense and as espn pointed out 9 plays called in the 4th quarter were pass plays on 10+ yards. really when its raining and the receivers are dropping passes thats the best thing to do?

Welcome to the Hell of a Marty Mornhenwig run offense.

i'm not sure if everyone knew this. for the jets TEs cumberland and winslow jr, receivers holmes and hill and RBs ivory and powell all have injuries with holmes, ivory, winslow jr and powell getting extra days off each week to rest the injury. receiver jeremey kerley was out with an injury last night and RB mike goodson is suspended until october. starting FB hillard broke his shoulder blade in preseason and is out so we have a rookie FB and our only healthy receiver only the field last night is a rookie who gets limited minutes. yes i know the pats had lots of injuries last night too but i don't think they were fielding injured players to catch passes

I would buy the injury excuse more if there weren't so many drops. Unless your hand is injured, there's no excuse for dropping those balls.

Geno probably isn't gonna work out in the nfl... He was struggling mightily at wvu and he still looks the same. He's an interception and hold the ball too fucking long machine. He got away with running at the college level. Wvu fell to pieces later in the year and were giving up massive amounts of points so they were constantly throwing and hurrying up and had some pretty good receivers. That's why his stats looked so good.

Fair enough. I didn't see them last week so I can't speak on that. And yeah, he's not the first rookie to be indecisive in a big road game.

Welcome to the Hell of a Marty Mornhenwig run offense.

I would buy the injury excuse more if there weren't so many drops. Unless your hand is injured, there's no excuse for dropping those balls.

i think they are all leg injuries. that doesn't account for dropped passes but with those 4 guys getting extra days off each week and having leg injuries it could account for them having a hard time getting open for passes and having a good feel for running the routes with geno. hell geno barely took snaps with them during preseason

Geno probably isn't gonna work out in the nfl... He was struggling mightily at wvu and he still looks the same. He's an interception and hold the ball too fucking long machine. He got away with running at the college level. Wvu fell to pieces later in the year and were giving up massive amounts of points so they were constantly throwing and hurrying up and had some pretty good receivers. That's why his stats looked so good.

an interception machine :zombie: he threw 42 TDs and only 6 INTs his senior year. what are you talking about?