NFL 2013

Yeah seriously what a steal, i'm still trying to figure out how a GM makes that deal, especially with how bad the Colts are at RB.

I guess i'd prefer Teddy to go with the Browns, but he is from Florida so maybe he'd prefer Jacksonville. Huge Louisville fan and love Teddy, he's going to be a superstar in the NFL I think.

So are the Browns basically throwing in the towel on this season? :lol: I feel bad for the Cleveland fans. The few Browns' games I have seen on tv it appears that they have a really dedicated fan base. After this trade I would boycott the team.

Yeah seriously what a steal, i'm still trying to figure out how a GM makes that deal, especially with how bad the Colts are at RB.

Mike Lombardi worked with Al Davis for a decade. Apparently the idiocy rubbed off on him.

So are the Browns basically throwing in the towel on this season? :lol: I feel bad for the Cleveland fans. The few Browns' games I have seen on tv it appears that they have a really dedicated fan base. After this trade I would boycott the team.

Yup, after two weeks :lol: There's a reason their stadium is referred to as The Factory of Sadness.

I agree that Richardson will probably never live up to his draft position (really, teams shouldn't draft RBs in the top 16 when it's so easy to find great ones in the late 1st/ 2nd round and even later) but if this guy thinks the Browns are gonna be competitive this year he is indeed delusional.

If there's one game I couldn't stand to see the Eagles lose, it would be tonight's game. That said, it will probably be a mistake riddled, sloppy affair with tons of penalties and turnovers by both teams, just like every Thursday night game. Why do they have these Thursday games again?

Great match up tonight. Complete opposite teams as far a philosophy goes. I want to see what the Chiefs are about. I expect to see good D from them, keying on McCoy, forcing Vick to run and make untimely passes, getting Eagles off the field fast with some 3 & outs thrown in there; field position; offensive management and clock control via running, play-action, quick passes; maybe a couple trick plays or end arounds to McCluster, and deep shots to Bowe.

John Madden Analyzes Eli's Turnovers
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...urnovers/131f5126-96c1-4743-9072-24629321c8cd

"Risk and reward go together like interceptions and big plays in football.

That correlation has Eli Manning ranking third in both categories since 2011, and Pro Football Hall of Fame coach John Madden doesn’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing.

The Giants quarterback has thrown 38 interceptions while completing 80 passes of 25 yards or longer over the past three seasons. Drew Brees shares a similar output, leading the big-play department in that stretch with 95 for his New Orleans Saints but also ranking fourth with 36 interceptions. Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford, meanwhile, is fourth in big plays and seventh in interceptions.

>> INSIDE THE NUMBERS: GIANTS STAT ANALYSIS

While Madden says the Giants are “not playing well as a team” with their turnovers, he sees the offense having to force the issue due to circumstances in the game.

“Eli is a guy that will do that, but I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing,” Madden said this week on “Mad Dog Sports Radio” on SiriusXM. “I think there are so many quarterbacks on the other end that are willing to throw that screen, that bubble screen, throw it out to the wide receiver quickly, go to the check-down, do all that stuff – throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage and within five yards. They don’t take shots down the field. Now the more shots you take down the field, the more big plays you’re going to have, but the more opportunities there’s going to be for turnovers and interceptions.

“I think he’s an aggressive quarterback. And to make sure that your plays are going to come, I think some of the things he does, I think you have to do that to make sure that someday you’re going to get big plays in your offense.”

However, that doesn’t provide solace to the 0-2 Giants.

They are one of eight teams in the NFL still looking for their first win in Week 3, including five in the NFC. Of those teams, though, Madden believes New York has the best chance to turn it around.

“I like the Giants still because I go to the coach like I always do -- and to the quarterback,” said Madden, who has made his respect for Tom Coughlin known in the past “If you have those two things in place, maybe you’re not going to win everything, but you’re still going to win. The thing’s not going to fall completely apart on you. Of that group that’s 0-2, I would say the Giants are probably the best of that group and maybe in the best position.”

That said, it will probably be a mistake riddled, sloppy affair with tons of penalties and turnovers by both teams, just like every Thursday night game.

Unfortunately only one of the teams had the turnovers. Vick was terrible tonight. The pick six was utter stupidity. Some of the other turnovers were quite bad too. The o-line, which had been playing well was bad, at least in pass-protection.

I was (partially) encouraged by the defense. They played much better than last week. You can see what a talent Fletcher Cox is and it was nice to see Vinny Curry make some plays. Those are two young guys who could really help improve this D as they continue to get the scheme down and more NFL reps.

But man, the number of 3rd and longs the Chiefs converted is just unfathomable. I don't know if it's scheme or execution, but they really need to fix this problem over the next 10 days.

Wonders never cease. How the hell did anyone get anything from Madden's in game commentary? The game suffered when Pat Summerall gave up the mic. Stumblin and bumblin Madden on the other hand should have given it up long ago.

Madden is an American hero. An icon. The best color commentator in the history of sports. He really got line play and explained it well. Yes, he often stated the obvious, but that was part of his charm. Football games were just more fun when Madden was commentating.

Madden wasnt the smooth prototypical announcer and im sure he annoyed people. But Id still prefer him, the non-conforming unique style over the run of the mill, look a certain way, dress a certain way and sound a certain way announcers we have today.

Any thoughts on McNabb?

I kind of cringed a bit when seeing his number raised next to the great Reggie White. Yet, Donovan deserved his night as an Eagle none the less. Much success, exciting to watch, had a nice career. That said, i dont think he was the most driven player and wasnt always in the best of shape imo. He's received his share of due criticism over this etc. Igle fans are as tough and demanding as they come and maybe deserved a title during McNabbs run? Like to hear their thoughts espc.