NFL 2015

Fuck yeah preseason is almost over!

And off topic, but my friend who I've known since elementary school made the Utah Utes as a walk-on. pretty cool.

Based on input (draft picks) versus output (production on the field) RG3 is one of the biggest busts of all time. They spent three 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder on him, including two top 10 picks. RG3 busting is equivocal to most teams having three straight 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder flat out bust. Not even turn into role players or backups, but straight up bust.

If we abstract from input and only focus on output, his rookie season saves him from the shame of the Jamarcus Russells and Ryan Leafs of the world.

RG3 busting is equivocal to most teams having three straight 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder flat out bust. Not even turn into role players or backups, but straight up bust.

Browns and Raiders level bad.

If we abstract from input and only focus on output, his rookie season saves him from the shame of the Jamarcus Russells and Ryan Leafs of the world.

Yeah those are some of the bigger busts in my mind. RG3 isn't terrible (like the Leafs and the Russell's), but he's injury prone, plays for one of the most dysfunctional clubs in the NFL since Snyder bought the team, and he let the hype go to his head.

Bradford is an upgrade over Foles if he stays healthy, but I think that's a massive if, especially in Kelly's system, plus all evidence points towards Kelly failing to pull off the Mariota trade. I think the 2015 Eagles' season will look pretty much like the 2014 Eagles, because the last two years show the ceiling on Kelly's system in the NFL. If only the NFL had a 11 game season and 2 game playoff system ;)

Bradford is an upgrade over Foles if he stays healthy, but I think that's a massive if, especially in Kelly's system, plus all evidence points towards Kelly failing to pull off the Mariota trade. I think the 2015 Eagles' season will look pretty much like the 2014 Eagles, because the last two years show the ceiling on Kelly's system in the NFL. If only the NFL had a 11 game season and 2 game playoff system ;)

That's an irrational statement on so many levels.

1. It's clear that Kelly didn't have the personell he wanted. How can anyone other than a hater (or Cowboy fanboy) conclude that we've seen the team's ceiling when he didn't have the kinds of players he wanted? Let's see what the team looks like after 2-3 years of roster building.

2. Not many coaches start off with 20 wins in two seasons, let alone when taking over a 3 win team with no franchise QB. Most the haters were saying he'd be a trainwreck in the NFL, but that now that he's proven to be above average, the complaint he's not a "playoff coach." But I get it, unless he wins a Super Bowl, critics will always say there's something he can't do.

That's an irrational statement on so many levels.

1. It's clear that Kelly didn't have the personell he wanted. How can anyone other than a hater (or Cowboy fanboy) conclude that we've seen the team's ceiling when he didn't have the kinds of players he wanted? Let's see what the team looks like after 2-3 years of roster building.

2. Not many coaches start off with 20 wins in two seasons, let alone when taking over a 3 win team with no franchise QB. Most the haters were saying he'd be a trainwreck in the NFL, but that now that he's proven to be above average, the complaint he's not a "playoff coach." But I get it, unless he wins a Super Bowl, critics will always say there's something he can't do.

And yet when anyone uses either of those excuses for other coaches they also get laughed at. He also had good players. It's not like he has been jettisoning letover shit. McCoy, Jackson, etc. In all the roster churning the only positions that appear to maybe have improved as a result are QB and the secondary, and the jury is still out.

In addition, the "players" thing doesn't hold a lot of water in light of how his system is supposed to be "QB Proof", "Player proof". I never thought he'd be terrible, but it's pretty obvious that the same reason his system works for him early in the season is why it works against him as the season drags on. The team, the defense especially, is worn out. He needs the team to last 5+ more games than he did in college, against increasingly better competition, who hasn't had to run at that speed all year like the Eagles have.

And yet when anyone uses either of those excuses for other coaches they also get laughed at. He also had good players. It's not like he has been jettisoning letover shit. McCoy, Jackson, etc. In all the roster churning the only positions that appear to maybe have improved as a result are QB and the secondary, and the jury is still out.

No one ever said they weren't good players. It's a question of if they fit the system. And remember, this team went 10-6 the past two years, so it's not like he underachieved with those guys.

In addition, the "players" thing doesn't hold a lot of water in light of how his system is supposed to be "QB Proof", "Player proof".

I've never heard Kelly say such things. Find me the quote where Kelly ever said his system was QB or player proof. Otherwise stop gobbeling the bullshit the media feeds you.

I never thought he'd be terrible, but it's pretty obvious that the same reason his system works for him early in the season is why it works against him as the season drags on. The team, the defense especially, is worn out. He needs the team to last 5+ more games than he did in college, against increasingly better competition, who hasn't had to run at that speed all year like the Eagles have.

Again, you're just repeating what the media told you without even bothering to look at the Eagles' schedule for the past two seasons. The Eagles finished the 2013 season on a 7-1 run in during the 2nd half of the season and went 3-1 in December. They lost a close, hard fought playoff game by 2 points to a Saints team I think most people would agree was superior. At the very least, they were MUCH more experienced in the playoffs. The Eagles certainly didn't look "burnt out" in that game.

In 2014 the Eagles did skid at the end of the season going 1-3 to end the season. However, two of those loses were to the Seahawks and Cowboys. The only unexpected loss was the Racists game, but that's a road game versus a divisional rival with your backup QB, so it still wasn't a shocker. In sum, I would suggest the skid had less to do with the D being burnt out and more to do with a bad secondary, some tough opponents, and a backup QB.

In sum, Kelly is 4-4 in December, which is the NFL average and certainly is insufficent evidence to substantiate your claim that his teams burn out. Better check Skip Bayless's Twitter for a new argument.