NFL 2015

Oh look fans are commiserating and consoling each other as their teams are down in the dumps, better talk about how great it is to be a Packers fan and how great Rodgers is.

What a guy

"Tripping. That's not nice. That's not good. That's not friendly. Tyler Klutz. Tripping." –Joe Buck (DAL vs. NYG)

Let's see your Power Ranking fellas

Here I go

1. Bengals
2. Packers
3. Patriots
4. Broncos
5. Panthers
6. Cardinals (they're beginning to persuade me. Let's see them beat someone)
7. Falcons
8. Steelers
9. Jets
10. Seahawks
11. Eagles
12. Vikings
13. Giants
14. Raiders
15. Rams
16. Dolphins
17. Bills
18. Colts
19. Cowboys
20. Chargers
21. Saints
22. Redskins
23. Chiefs
24. Buccaneers
25. Browns
26. Bears
27. 49ers
28. Ravens
29. Jaguars
30. Titans
31. Texans
32. Lions

"Tripping. That's not nice. That's not good. That's not friendly. Tyler Klutz. Tripping." –Joe Buck (DAL vs. NYG)

Let's see your Power Ranking fellas

Here I go

1. Bengals
2. Packers
3. Patriots
4. Broncos
5. Panthers
6. Cardinals (they're beginning to persuade me. Let's see them beat someone)
7. Falcons
8. Steelers
9. Jets
10. Seahawks
11. Eagles
12. Vikings
13. Giants
14. Raiders
15. Rams
16. Dolphins
17. Bills
18. Colts
19. Cowboys
20. Chargers
21. Saints
22. Redskins
23. Chiefs
24. Buccaneers
25. Browns
26. Bears
27. 49ers
28. Ravens
29. Jaguars
30. Titans
31. Texans
32. Lions

1. Patriots
2. Broncos
3. Packers
4. Bengals
5. Panthers
6. Falcons
7. Jets
8. Cardinals
9. Steelers
10. Vikings

Everyone else after the Vikings just suck.

If you get rid of division clinchers, are you then suggesting the NFL adopts the NHL model? (East & West)

I love division rivalries, but with four teams per division, there's too many crap teams getting playoff spots and home games. The Colts are gonna get a massive reward for struggling to beat out three teams drafting in the top 10- if not the top 5- of the draft. It's not fair that 10-6 teams are sitting at home while 7-8-1 teams go to the playoffs or that 12-4 teams have to go on the road to face 7-9 teams.

I think this was less of a problem when the league was smaller and the divisions were bigger. However, with each division representig such a small percentage of the leagues teams, more and more unworthy teams are getting playoff spots and homr games.

My solution would be:

1. Playoff seeding is based on record, not division title. However, to please the traditionalists, the division title would be the first tie breaker. So if the Giants and Rams both finished 10-6, but the Giants won the division while the Rams did not, they would get the higher seed.

2. If a division winner has 8 wins or less and the 7th place team has 9 wins or more, that division forfeits its playoff spot. So if the Giants finish 8-8 and the Rams, who are in 7th place, finish 9-7, then the Rams make then playoffs as the 6 seed and the entire NFC East stays home.

The other option would be to expand the divisions to 5-6 teams and decrease the number of divisions to 6. This would make BS division winners far less common. Right now, it's an annual issue.

I love division rivalries, but with four teams per division, there's too many crap teams getting playoff spots and home games. The Colts are gonna get a massive reward for struggling to beat out three teams drafting in the top 10- if not the top 5- of the draft. It's not fair that 10-6 teams are sitting at home while 7-8-1 teams go to the playoffs or that 12-4 teams have to go on the road to face 7-9 teams.

I think this was less of a problem when the league was smaller and the divisions were bigger. However, with each division representig such a small percentage of the leagues teams, more and more unworthy teams are getting playoff spots and homr games.

My solution would be:

1. Playoff seeding is based on record, not division title. However, to please the traditionalists, the division title would be the first tie breaker. So if the Giants and Rams both finished 10-6, but the Giants won the division while the Rams did not, they would get the higher seed.

2. If a division winner has 8 wins or less and the 7th place team has 9 wins or more, that division forfeits its playoff spot. So if the Giants finish 8-8 and the Rams, who are in 7th place, finish 9-7, then the Rams make then playoffs as the 6 seed and the entire NFC East stays home.

The other option would be to expand the divisions to 5-6 teams and decrease the number of divisions to 6. This would make BS division winners far less common. Right now, it's an annual issue.

It went from 5 to 4 teams because of the expansion teams in the 90s. The NFL would need to add 4 more teams to go to 6, 6 team divisions. Honestly, I'd rather they trim teams than add more, but of course that won't happen without a severe drop in league interest. A European division might solve saturation issues, but would create all sorts of logistical and QoP issues.

It went from 5 to 4 teams because of the expansion teams in the 90s. The NFL would need to add 4 more teams to go to 6, 6 team divisions. Honestly, I'd rather they trim teams than add more, but of course that won't happen without a severe drop in league interest. A European division might solve saturation issues, but would create all sorts of logistical and QoP issues.

Yeah expansion would be a terrible idea. There's no rule saying divisions have to have even numbers of teams. Sure it's nice and symmetrical, but it's producing crap playoff teams.

I'm not against a Euro division on principle, and I think if trends continue it'll probably happen, and wouldn't be surprised if the Jaguars and some other small market team were moved + 4 expansion teams to round it out.

I'm less concerned with 8-8 division winners getting in over teams with superior records than I am teams having free playoff entry because of continuously weak divisions - see the Colts most years. Those 7-8-1 Panthers were better than the 11-5 Colts come playoff time.

Those 7-8-1 Panthers were better than the 11-5 Colts come playoff time.

That's a controversial opinion, to say the least, seeing that the Colts won two playoff games by double-digits. That said, even if you were correct, that would be accidental and have no implications for other .500 and sub .500 division winners.

Pretty much, but Brees and Eli threw some great balls today. By the end of the 3rd I didnt give a shit if we won or lost, it was a fuckin Madden game

Pretty crazy Rodgers had less yards than friggin Cassel. Funny how all the Cowboys fans that are/have been Romo haters suddenly changed their tune or got quiet.