Nightwish officially looking for new singer!

why dont they get Simone from Epica and get it over with. She has the looks and charisma.

Jase
I should kick myself in the ass for getting in on the speculation, but I can't resist. Forgive me.

According to the weekly celebrity gossip magazine Katso, Nightwish frontman Tuomas Holopainen and their manager Ewo Rytkönen has been in contact to Simone Simons. It is rumoured that Tuomas and Ewo were convinced on Simone's capabilities of being the next Nightwish vocalist after seeing Simone perform with Epica in this years Tuska Festival held in Helsinki, Finland.

Katso-magazine contacted Epica's tourmanager Jeps Salfischberger who was aware of the rumours but wouldn't confirm them to be true or false. According to Jeps, "Epica is currently on break, that's all I can say about it."

Whether the rumours turn out to be true or not, Tuomas Holopainen has announced that the name of their new vocalist will be announced sometime on spring 2007 when Nightwish releases their first single from their new album.
Could be complete BS, but who knows? Speculate away.

I really hope this is totally BS.
There are better singers out there to replace Tarja.

And besides... I wouldn't want this to happen with Mark and the rest of the guys.

I really hope this is totally BS.
There are better singers out there to replace Tarja.

And besides... I wouldn't want this to happen with Mark and the rest of the guys.
Exactly. While I think Simone would do a phenominal job for NW, she's sooo good with Epica and I really wish we could get introduced to someone totally fresh for NW. There are so many talented vocalists out there. Time someone new got introduced to the scene.

Exactly. While I think Simone would do a phenominal job for NW, she's sooo good with Epica and I really wish we could get introduced to someone totally fresh for NW. There are so many talented vocalists out there. Time someone new got introduced to the scene.

That's where I have to disagree Ann Marie. Simone is a real good singer, but I don't think she's prepared YET to be part of Nightwish. Simone does a good job for Epica, I totally agree.

Nightwish needs someone who can fulfill Tarja's shows entirely. Simone is still young... she has a long way to go. Good singer, but I don't think she's already able to handle such pressure and such fame. In some years, then probably, but not yet. Just my two cents on it.

Epica are still at the top of their game, Nightwish peaked around six years ago. I really hope Simone makes the right decision and stays in Epica, let's not ruin another band trying to fix Nightwish. :(

Epica are still at the top of their game, Nightwish peaked around six years ago. I really hope Simone makes the right decision and stays in Epica, let's not ruin another band trying to fix Nightwish. :(

PERFECT statement!!! However, Epica will be at their peak on the next album, you'll see.

Let Epica grow. Nightwish has had their opportunity and they succeeded on it. However, I think it's time for them to move on. They can get a great singer to replace Tarja, but their peak days are gone. I hope Simone stays in Epica and that they enjoy their chance.

But let After Forever get up there too! Let's not forget them, they deserve to go as high as Epica or Nightwish!!!!!

Simone in NW would not do it for me. She can stay with Epica. Besides, it'd be weird for her to leave Epica for NW when Mark is her boyfriend.

ahahhaha not even going to mention about the "luckiest" thing.

But yeah, Simone will NOT join Nightwish. In fact, they are in process to recording their next album ;)

(edited)

Oh god. I have so much to say about this, just read it on blabbermouth. I'm not even going to say anything. But I would say, I would not be suprised if Simone did quit Epica to join Nightwish. Anyway, as far as my other opinions, I'll keep them to myself..

As much as I love Nightwish, I think Nightwish would be committing career suicide if they bring in Simone. Simone is almost like bringing in Liv Kristine. I just do not think she has the chops for Nightwish. She is the perfect fit for Epica. Furthermore, I think Simone would be the same problem that Tarja presented, that she will not be around to work with the boys. I made a suggetion on Sonic Cathedral, and it still stands. For the direction that Tuomas wants to go, the best fit is Kim Goss, if not an unknown.

Peace,
Ray C.

Guess I don't keep up on Epica (or at least the whos dating who part). Last thing I read still listed them as an item but that was awhile ago.

As much as I love Nightwish, I think Nightwish would be committing career suicide if they bring in Simone. Simone is almost like bringing in Liv Kristine. I just do not think she has the chops for Nightwish. She is the perfect fit for Epica. Furthermore, I think Simone would be the same problem that Tarja presented, that she will not be around to work with the boys. I made a suggetion on Sonic Cathedral, and it still stands. For the direction that Tuomas wants to go, the best fit is Kim Goss, if not an unknown.

Peace,
Ray C.

Not sure about Kim, can't base an opinion. Can you give me a recommendation? Otherwise, I agree! :headbang:

Oh god. I have so much to say about this, just read it on blabbermouth. I'm not even going to say anything. But I would say, I would not be suprised if Simone did quit Epica to join Nightwish. Anyway, as far as my other opinions, I'll keep them to myself..

Dont worry, she wont.