Nightwish officially looking for new singer!

I have just noticed something, every time the media prints or says something about a new singer for NIGHTWISH has been found, they(Nightwish and Management) are very vocal about it not being true and to not believe anything you hear or read in the media until it comes from them. Well, on the Simone issue, they have been mysteriously quiet. I wonder??????

Yeah, but Mark Jansen hasn't! He has opened his mouth and promptly denounced those rumors. And, I also think Tuomas got politely told that Simone was off-limits. So, he is going to keep his mouth shut.

But, on the other hand, I could care less if the new singer is Simone Simons, Colleen Gray, Ashlee Simpson, Paris Bennett, Donald Duck or Jimmy Buffett in an evening gown. As long as Tuomas is writing the music, and Marco is banging the bass and his god-like presence onstage, Nightwish will still kick serious ass and take enough names to fill the Earth Yellow Pages.:kickass: :headbang:

Peace,
Ray C.

Yeah, but Mark Jansen hasn't! He has opened his mouth and promptly denounced those rumors. And, I also think Tuomas got politely told that Simone was off-limits. So, he is going to keep his mouth shut.

But, on the other hand, I could care less if the new singer is Simone Simons, Colleen Gray, Ashlee Simpson, Paris Bennett, Donald Duck or Jimmy Buffett in an evening gown. As long as Tuomas is writing the music, and Marco is banging the bass and his god-like presence onstage, Nightwish will still kick serious ass and take enough names to fill the Earth Yellow Pages.:kickass: :headbang:

Peace,
Ray C.

Ray i have to agree totally with the second part of your statement, as long as Tuomas is writing the music and Marco and Jukka and Emppu are on stage then that is NIGHTWISH, the new singer will be just icing on the cake. But to be honest I myself am very partial to Colleen Gray and IMHO if it is her then Nightwish HAS and WILL go to another level, as i believe she will do nothing but enhance the wonderful music written by Tuomas and Played by the other members. But there again that is just my opinion

Ray i have to agree totally with the second part of your statement, as long as Tuomas is writing the music and Marco and Jukka and Emppu are on stage then that is NIGHTWISH, the new singer will be just icing on the cake. But to be honest I myself am very partial to Colleen Gray and IMHO if it is her then Nightwish HAS and WILL go to another level, as i believe she will do nothing but enhance the wonderful music written by Tuomas and Played by the other members. But there again that is just my opinion

Your opinion is right.

;)

-Metal

What's with people saying Nightwish peaked years ago? Once was considered by most critics I've read to be their best album yet.

A lot of people loved Once, I hated it. For me (and Tuomas has sort of echoed this sentiment in interviews), Oceanborn was the height of Nightwish's achievements. Wishmaster was a little more of a generic power metal thing, but still very enjoyable. At that point the band switched bassists and in the process picked up an incredible singer and songwriter in the form of Marco, yet still managed to make a mediocre album and follow it up with a downright boring one.

Heh. And for those who think that they won't be as good without Tarja, I have one word for you: Angra.

I couldn't imagine Angra without Andre Matos and figured Holy Land had to be the peak of their talent. Boy, was I wrong.

Wow, I hadn't even begun to consider Tarja's replacement could be as horrid as Edu. :lol:

Your opinion is right.

;)

-Metal

Seconded!! errr thirded, I mean...ah hell I just agree :headbang: :lol: