Nightwish officially looking for new singer!

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
Nightwish is officially looking for a new singer!

This is your chance. Line up ladies, please!

www.nightwish.com
ATTENTION VOCALISTS
Hello there! The hassle with the media seems to have died. We´ve been off tour for some months and we´ve had a nice and long vacation. It´s time to get back in business:
Nightwish is currently and actively looking for a new singer/front woman for the band. We need the obvious things: Looks , charisma, courage and, of course, a big voice. Good grasp of the English language is also very helpful. We don´t necessarily need a classically trained vocalist like Tarja Turunen (the former vocalist). We welcome all kinds of styles and voices, natural and trained, from rock and pop to classical, and all that you can find in between. You should however be prepared to sing with a lot of dynamics and versatility. From loud and high to very sensitive stuff. You should preferably send us a cd containing 2-3 songs, that you consider to be your best work. If you send an album, would you mark out 2-3 most important songs, please? If you record and send Nightwish songs, then the most important thing is your PERSONAL TOUCH. Photographs are needed as well.

We will look into different applications and all candidates, but doing it this way would save us some time and energy. If you think you have it, just send your stuff to our management, and we´ll be happy to take you onboard.

Here´s the address. Good luck!

KING FOO ENTERTAINMENT LTD OY / EWO
Fredrikinkatu 61 A 7.krs/floor
FIN-00100 Helsinki
Finland

---- Send in your demo, - it might be YOU ! :)

Oh yea! I'm all over this!
urinalcakemix said:
I don't have the chest to be in Nightwish.
Oh wait....neither do I, not to mention I sound like Melissa Etheridge with a bad cold. :zombie:

kamelotica said:
why dont they get Simone from Epica and get it over with. She has the looks and charisma.

Jase

Charisma???Have you seen the We Will Take You... DVD. While I realize it was an acoustic type setting, she employed absolutely no emotion whatsoever. I love Epica and can't wait to see them at PP, but she is definitely not for Nightwish.

nightwish58 said:
Charisma???Have you seen the We Will Take You... DVD. While I realize it was an acoustic type setting, she employed absolutely no emotion whatsoever. I love Epica and can't wait to see them at PP, but she is definitely not for Nightwish.
Hmm, I didn't see that AT ALL. It WAS a studio setting, and yet I thought she managed to convey passion, vulnerability, strength, sadness and many other emotions all while stuck on a stool singing into a mike. I sensed there was so much connection and camraderie between everyone as well.Guess perspective is everything. I can't wait to see them live.

That said, I'm not sure she's for NW, though I would not be disappointed. I'm choosing not to speculate but wait and be surprised.

I dont think that Nightwish will go head hunting in other well established bands like Epica. Simone is a very talented singer, but I doubt her willingness to even consider moving to Nightwish if Tuomas was rude enough to proceed in proposing her.

There are plenty of excellent but unknown ladies out there to choose from and introducing a new talent to the scene would make a much better impression in front of the critical old Tarja-fans and would save everybody's ass from unnecessary mudslinging.

kamelotica said:
why dont they get Simone from Epica and get it over with. She has the looks and charisma.

Jase
Why rip one band apart to fix another? There are plenty of quality singers out there.

trentdk said:
Can you imagine that? Going from "no one" to the lead vocalist of Nightwish?! Its like Rock Star all over again!! No marky mark! Don't leave jenifer!

Pretty much the Ripper Owens story too.

Colleen, you should seriously send in a demo!

Emerald Sword said:
It was until the story was butchered. I guess the movie shmucks didn't want the truth to get in the way of a good story. That's what I read in numerous interviews with Glenn Tipton.

It seemed to track the Ripper/Judas Priest story until about midway through the movie. Then, it went to pot, and the ending sucked for metal fans. Even down to the Seattle setting and the flannels. "Gee, I guess grunge was the answer!" :erk:

In many other respects, the movie really was quite well-done. The guy who portrayed the Brit tour-manager was spot-on. I've met tour-managers -- all from the UK, which seems to breed large-scale tour managers like Sweden breeds Gothencore bands -- who were almost identical to that guy.

The 'metal' part of the movie was done well, with excellent established metal vocalists and some damned good songs, especially "We All Die Young" (my fave).

Pyramaze51 said:
COLLEEN, COLLEEN, COLLEENSHE HAS MY VOTE. lET'S SEE IF WE CAN GET HER TO AUDITION

Could someone please wake up Colleen and get her on a plane?

I thought that they already had someone "of interest" who was similar to Tarja? I thought I read this right after the split. Is it possible that this woman turned them down..whomever she may be?

Tuomas said he was not going to be looking for a singer right away. There has been a lot of speculation on that, but he has maintained all along that he was not looking (up til now) and had no one in mind. You can believe the rumors or take him at his word. Either way, I'm glad they're getting on with the search now. I hope they pick an unknown.

It's funny how people tend to buy all the rumours and speculations much easier than what the man tells himself. Maybe it is the sad fact that the dry truth never has the marketing value of a juicy rumour... :rolleyes: