Nile

I'm actually listening to Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka right now. I love Nile, and to disagree with Forest of Asatru, i actually think AOTW is their weakest album. My favorite album is Black Seeds of Vengeance. A lot of people dislike nile because they think the whole egyptology thing gets old after an album or two (which i disagree with), but even so, their riffs, drums, and vocals fucking kill. Brutal and technical with some cool melodies in there. Yeah, as you can see, Nile is one of my favorite bands.

I think the production on BSOV completely blows, but other than that, amazing. IMO they should get the masters and have Neil Kernon remix and remaster BSOV, the production on that album is just...terrible.

I wish I could have seen them live. If I was into them last April they played at the Troc, but this leg the closest they played was NY and my dad won't go to anywhere but Philly or Jersey.

Awesome band. They have made some good records, but nothing tops In Their Darkened Shrines, I never get tired of that album.

Saw Nile at festivals in 2001 and 2005. Each time they failed to impress. Still I purchased "In their darkened shrines" recently and was pleasantly surprised. A great album indeed.

Um, they don't do anything for me. I saw them live and they were good, but nothing special...

I recently went to their show the last time they were in Los Angeles and at the last moment decided to leave before they went up on stage.

Flame all you want, I don't care, I only went to see Hypocrisy...

Never hearing anything from Nile before, I bought Annihilation of the Wicked back in January because I really wanted to see what everyone was speaking so highly of. Well after hearing it the only word that came to mind was "Wow!". I can't wait to purchase all the others.

all hail RAMSES, BRINGER OF WAR!!

nile is one of my favorite bands but i agree with wolftribe, AotW felt a little uninspired.