Nominate Albums for forthcoming Best of 2010-2020 Tourney

Im having trouble between Hesychast and Leprous.

Hesychast reminds me of Batushka, which is a positive and it seems fairly fresh, and is def my thang. Leprous is not my thing, gives me Devin Townsend vibes, and as soon as I start rolling my eyes, they hit me with rough vocals or a killer hard hitting riff.

So its a battle of more of the same thing I like or something I usually dont like but enjoy a lot.. I know I make no sense

both ics vortex's'z vocals and borknagar in general is growin on me tbh

here's a list of my current yet undecided pairings:

borknagar/ludicra
subrosa/havukruunu (havukruunu is also better than i gave em credit for. i realized this when i saw their band photo on metal-archives)
blut aus nord/ruins of beverast (leaning heavily ruins tho)
zebulon pike/ash borer (ima be real, i don't like either of these. zebulon pike is creative but i kind of hate their music. ash borer is zzzzzz)
spectral lore/cultes des ghoules
eternal champion/pathology (a bad example of a genre i like vs a good example of a genre i don't care for)
cultes des ghoules/wytch hazel (stay tuned for the final exciting battle of the ancient jealous and wrathful hebrew thunder god vs his zany sidekick deus in excelsis satanas infernali)

Reactions: Krilons Resa
zebulon pike/ash borer (ima be real, i don't like either of these. zebulon pike is creative but i kind of hate their music. ash borer is zzzzzz)

Same boat. I like jam stuff sometimes, but I'm not sure about ZP. But AB, DSO, BAN are all just blah.

eternal champion/pathology (a bad example of a genre i like vs a good example of a genre i don't care for)

Ive got to go EC. That Pathology isnt my thang at all.

cultes des ghoules/wytch hazel (stay tuned for the final exciting battle of the ancient jealous and wrathful hebrew thunder god vs his zany sidekick deus in excelsis satanas infernali)

I just finished these two at work. Im actually going with CDG. Their other album in the tourney is unbearable. But I dont like Wytch Hazel. Sorry, but I find it incredibly annoying. I love stuff like Pagan Altar and Burning Saviours, but the lyrics annoyed me, and after 15 minutes it all started sounding the same. I honestly thought I had started the album over by mistake.

Spectral Lore sounds exactly like its album cover and I want to live there.

View attachment 28533
hWL2wXf.png

To follow up on my thoughts about the vocal performance on "The Archaic Course", I think its just more tolerable in general because he's screaming and not singing for the majority of the album. His screams have always been great.

this has got to be either anathema or zebulon pike

Nay, I said I dig the Fagthema. Im a big puss when it comes to that band.

Zebulon Pike didnt catch me, but I havent given them a serious listen YET.

All of Ken's shit is falling flat with me, BUT I dont hate it, and I love that this man exists and brings these albums to light. All he needs is a 10% win ratio with me. I'll always listen to his shit with glee (non-jazz).

The album I ape grimaced towards was "Defeated Sanity's."

I cant stand gurgle gurgle bullshit unless im on XNXX.Com. This album sound like a scene from "Swallowed."

Currently trying to decide between Inquisition v MGLA. Thought it was going to be easy, but this MGLA caught me unawares atm. Far better mood for it than when I listened to over a week ago.

Most enjoyable listen thus far was Macabre Omen. Its even better than I remember.

I'll take a backed up toilet over this Borknagar album. This is the gayest shit ive heard. I dont think I can finish this and im 10 minutes in.

Where the pine trees meet the sea
Where the stormy sky will sing for me
The place i wanna be
Up north

(Sung like an absolute faggot)

Edit-So I hit pause, threw on The Olden Domain just to cleanse my pallet and put this band in a good light with my sensibilities once more. This slays, as always. "Its not you ICS VorAss, its me." Nah it actually is him, this dude is a bum.

Last edited:
I'll take a backed up toilet over this Borknagar album. This is the gayest shit ive heard. I dont think I can finish this and im 10 minutes in.

Where the pine trees meet the sea
Where the stormy sky will sing for me
The place i wanna be
Up north

(Sung like an absolute faggot)
that's rich coming from an anathema fanboi

that's rich coming from an anathema fanboi

Odd isnt it? I dont mind a dude singing like a queer if hes pining for some poon. When hes pining for some pine is where I draw the line.

(Anyhow, I hit play again. As im a man of my word and will listen to EVERY album in this tourney for better or worse.)This shit must be horrific beyond words I can lay forth. MGLA hit a triple with me this morn. Im in a splendid ass mood. That was when my balls were still dangling between my legs. I dont know if its the apple cider vinegar, or this ERT (Estrogen Replacement Therapy) im experiencing with ICS (Irritable Cuck Singing) sending me into a Vortex where I wish I were fucking deaf like those poor birds saluting the toucan in the other thread. I got a lump in my throat, I think my thyroid fucking stopped.

I dont mind a dude singing like a queer if hes pining for some poon. When hes pining for some pine is where I draw the line.

:tickled::tickled::tickled:

I agree the lyrics are pretty embarrassing but I really enjoy that song, catchy as fuck, and really enjoy his vocals. Rest of the album doesn't really do much for me, and same goes for Borknagar in general.

Dont get me wrong, I love forest worship. Nothing within the album makes me want to grab a hatchet and hack a tree, light a campfire, march through timbers, etc.

If anything, it makes me want to research TRT far sooner than my 50s. Im going to need bi-monthly injections of test after this one. Bless all your hearts though, I mean not what I say too harshly. Youre all great folk. :worried: