Nominate Albums for forthcoming Best of 2010-2020 Tourney

We can take a seat and see who steps up. Then divy up the remainder.

Im surprised CDG-Hensbane and Teitanblood's Death hasnt been mentioned. Both lauded to the farthest reaches of the firmament.

This was a far bigger pain in the ass to search than it should have been. Next tourney will not have "madness" in it's name.

Anyhow Prior Winners
Best BAND
05-Bathory
06-Iron Maiden

These tourneys were fun based on level of participation, but nothing garnered from them. Just a popularity contest.

07- Best album from 2000-2009
Agalloch-The Mantle

08' 128 Best Debut Album
Took 3 months to complete.
Winner- Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse

09-Everyone had grown tired and old.

2013- An attempt to bring the tournament back was met with a whimper.

2021-Here we are...

A lot of promise for future topics if we draw this out and do another one proper next year. We can bring byke prior decades omitting entrants freshman releases. (Bathory/Maiden can be omitted outright and placed in the RC Hall of Legends Wing set to debut in 2050.)

@spikes77
@Krilons Resa
@Ellestin

1 more from each of yus since Spectral Lore and Vaura were picked twice. This isnt as much as a competition as it is an enlightenment. Hopefully we all gain something from it come finals.

@NAD 2 more (Also do you still want Serpent in after the beating it received? May aswell get another pick and drop it bruv.)

@Henrik Main Condense down to 5
@Opeth17 See Above

Last edited:
Murkrat-Drudging the Mire
Minenwerfer-Alpenpasse
Black Magick SS -Spectral Ecstacy
Macabre Omen -Gods of War - At War
Ares Kingdom -By the Light of their Destruction
Ihsahn - Arktis.
Acid Witch - Evil Sound Screamers
Agalloch - The Serpent and the Sphere
Deathspell Omega - The Furnaces of Palingenesia
Blut aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta III - Saturnian Poetry
Blood Incantation - Starspawn
Dead Congregation - Promulgation of the Fall
Cultes des Ghoules - Henbane
Spectral Lore - III
Obsequiae - Aria of Vernal Tombs
Mystras - Castles Conquered and Reclaimed
Ildra - Edelland
Borknagar - True North
Hällas - excerpts from a future past
Summoning- Old Mornings Dawn
Tribulation- The Children of the Night
Burzum-Belus
Kayo Dot - Hubardo
Thy Darkened Shade - Liber Lvcifer I
Gris - À l'âme enflammée, l'âme constellée
Vaura - Selenelion
Between The Buried & Me - Parallax II: Future Sequence
Daughters - You Won't Get What You Want
Leprous - Bilateral
Zebulon Pike - Nostalgia For The Unreal
Vemod-Venter på stormene
Ultra Silvam - the spearwoundsalvation
Inquisition-Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
MGLA-With Hearts Towards None
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult - Mardom
Funeral Mist - Hekatomb
Ash Borer - The Irrepassable Gate
Hesychast - Ageless
Panegyrist - Hierurgy
Slechtvalk - A Forlorn Throne
Skald in Veum - Stridslysten
Hortor - Dharma Esencia de Impureza
Lake of Blood - Omnipotens Tyrannus
VOLA - Applause of aDistant Crowd
Immolation - Majesty and Decay
Anathema - WeatherSystems
Alcest - Écailles de Lune
Nile - Vile NiloticRites
Ludicra - TheTenant
Dordeduh - Dar de duh

Updated Total 36
When Josh and HenrikMain chime in 46. With bonus offerings to the prior listed we'll be 51. Probably get another rd of 1-2 per person unless some new blood shows interest.

I dropped Deceased for Murkrat on updated tally. Anti-recency bias, everyone has heard of Deceased, and its Celebrate Diversity month.

Last edited:
1. Hesychast - Ageless
2. Panegyrist - Hierurgy
3. Slechtvalk - A Forlorn Throne
4. Skald in Veum - Stridslysten
5. Hortor - Dharma Esencia de Impureza

I'll listen to these as im a God fearing man with a 9mm in my night stand and a bible on the book shelf. Hoping for the best. :!

Was wishing Wytch Hazel wouldve made the cut.

I'll listen to these as im a God fearing man with a 9mm in my night stand and a bible on the book shelf. Hoping for the best. :!

Was wishing Wytch Hazel wouldve made the cut.

Amen.

I was thinking about including Wytch Hazel but they've been roundly ignored every time I mention them (and I felt like we were going all extreme metal for some reason). If we get to add 1 or 2 more bands before the show starts I'll add them.

I stand 666% behind The Serpent and the Sphere and will totally die on that hill as it loses in its first round.

Anyhow, add:

Dordeduh - Dar de duh (easy pick since it isn't on there yet, and it needs to be)
Ludicra - The Tenant (it is far too complete of an album, and oddly unique for USBM)

There. That last pick was fucking hard. I have 10 other albums that are just as worthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krilons Resa
Amen.

I was thinking about including Wytch Hazel but they've been roundly ignored every time I mention them (and I felt like we were going all extreme metal for some reason). If we get to add 1 or 2 more bands before the show starts I'll add them.
wytch hazel will have a better chance of survival imo because there is zero chance that i will vote for a christian "black" metal band but i can kinda-sorta accept jehova in my softer metal :dopey:

even my heavy metal pals keep bugging me about wytch hazel and i did briefly listen to them back in the demo days but i just remember it as kind of wonky and not great