Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Open sound settings from the right bottom corner and go to properties of the playback device . Check if there's any boxes checked in the enhancements tab.

Also is that Hungarian language on that screenshot? It's funny that it's related to Finnish language but they are so far apart it's hard to tell.
"Térhatású" made me think of Estonian.

On an unrelated note Riverside released their new album today. I'm not too familiar with them but their vocalist has a great voice.

Well, it's ONE origin theory we are related. It's more or less accepted as a fact that we came from over the Ural, so Asia.

Our language is pretty unique however; one of the hardest to learn due to both its grammar and pronounciation.

Well, it's ONE origin theory we are related. It's more or less accepted as a fact that we came from over the Ural, so Asia.

Our language is pretty unique however; one of the hardest to learn due to both its grammar and pronounciation.

Turkish and Hungarian are also on the same language family so I heard that Hungarian language has a lot Turkish word in it, is it true Slave?

Turkish and Hungarian are also on the same language family so I heard that Hungarian language has a lot Turkish word in it, is it true Slave?
Mate, did you miss your history lessons? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Hungary

You fucked up our country real good. But yeah, I guess we did learn a few words from you, so it's worth : D

edit: also, Battle of Mohács, which lead to the Ottoman occupation is considered the most devastating event in Hungarian history. We were pretty dope before that, then everyone made us into their bitch after that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mohács

Mate, did you miss your history lessons? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Hungary

You fucked up our country real good. But yeah, I guess we did learn a few words from you, so it's worth : D

edit: also, Battle of Mohács, which lead to the Ottoman occupation is considered the most devastating event in Hungarian history. We were pretty dope before that, then everyone made us into their bitch after that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mohács

You're not really suggesting that after 1 battle your country's language family changed, right? Even before the events between Ottoman and Hungary, you could find similar words, cause we're on the same language family meaning at one point all of our ancestors came from Asia.

But that battle of Mohacs was a really big defeat for the Hungary, one of the shortest battle of Ottoman history. It was about 2 hours I think, cant really remember.

Uhm. As far as I remember, almost all europeans are of indoeuropean and asian origins. Wich means that we all came from asia.

I don't know of a common Hungarian-Turkish ancestry. In fact, we are quite the dark horses around here, surrounded by Slavs.

It wasn't the battle, that made us borrow some Turkish words. It was the 150 years 2/3 of our (then) country spent under Ottoman rule. You also introduced us to a lot of new stuff, like coffee I believe.

I don't know of a common Hungarian-Turkish ancestry. In fact, we are quite the dark horses around here, surrounded by Slavs.

It wasn't the battle, that made us borrow some Turkish words. It was the 150 years 2/3 of our (then) country spent under Ottoman rule. You also introduced us to a lot of new stuff, like coffee I believe.

Hun Empire is the earliest connection I can think of right now. Attila the Hun ruled over Hungary for a long time and he was Turkic so that might be a reason.

I've been listening to them for about two years now, and I must say that this Spanish band really scratches that Come Clarity-era IF itch for me. I think they're an overlooked gem.

They've got the cheesy lyrics, too. But that harmony at 02:17 is fucking delicious.

The quality of their songs varies — and their first album is pretty dodgy — and they don't quite have the musical sensibility of Gothenburg melodic death, but when they're good, they're just fantastic and fun. They obviously grew up as big In Flames fans.

Their song "The Threshold" has been my favorite metal song for nearly two years. Or metalcore. Man, whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:
I've been listening to them for about two years now, and I must say that this Spanish band really scratches that Come Clarity-era IF itch for me. I think they're an overlooked gem.

They've got the cheesy lyrics, too. But that harmony at 02:17 is fucking delicious.

The quality of their songs varies — and their first album is pretty dodgy — and they don't quite have the musical sensibility of Gothenburg melodic death, but when they're good, they're just fantastic and fun. They obviously grew up as big In Flames fans.

Their song "The Threshold" has been my favorite metal song for nearly two years. Or metalcore. Man, whatever you want to call it.

I'm digging The Threshold, but what's up with the vocals in the newer track? Why do they suddenly sound shitty and distinctly metalcore? I hate that style of vocal. Instrumentally the song is good though.

Yeah, that's how he sounds on their second album, too (this new one is their fourth, "The Threshold" is from the third) so it sounds like he's gone back to a range he was more comfortable with. I'm cool with it, personally, but it does have that metalcore feel.

I can't really think of a band that uses those types of vocals that I listen to. It just does nothing for me at all. Just a personal taste on my part though, plenty of people dig it so it's all good.

A88 & me talking shit = ratings, obviously. We should start a daytime chat show.