Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Power metal singers are usually very good singers. I thinknof kiske as the best metal singer ever.

My "problem" with the genre is that there are too many bands with a very similar sound. As if they're doing what they're supposed to do, if you know what I mean.

But it's almost the same for every other genre. Just listen to melodeath. Apart from a few (original) bands the rest sound as cover bands emulating their sound. No originality there.

This is why, in fact, I only listen to a few bands.

Well, I can't disagree there. I'm pretty much the same.

I'm amazed about this because Kiske is like the christian guy from the power metal. He even wrote a song for Helloween with some embarrasing lyrics:

"
Give me two strong arms to fight my enemies
Give me two strong eyes to see the truth
Give me two strong legs I think I have to run
And fill my heart will faith that I won't lose
I don't wanna lose

Give me one real love that I don't freeze out there
Make me feel your presence in the night
Give me one strong heart that tells me when I lie
And take my soul so I won't have to hide
I don't wanna hide

it's so cold deep down here
I know we had to fall
Souls are dying everywhere
But whatever I do I believe

(Solo)

There'll be no reason to live
Without you giving me light
There is so much that you give
Your love is shining so bright
I believe..."

Also this one
"We believe that the phenomena of nature
Are the expression of infinitive intelligence
We express our belief that all forms of life
Are manifestations of spirit
And thus, all men are children of God"

Utter bullshit. Though this last song "save us" is a great song.

I didn't realise he was Christian :D that is weird then, as Sammett's main band Edguy regularly takes shots at Christianity (seriously, they have a ton of songs basically ripping on it), and the first two albums in the Avantasia Project (which are the albums Kiske is most heavily featured on) are all about questioning religious fundamentalism (in the form of old testament style Christianity on the albums).

8. Holy Shadows

[music & lyrics: Tobias Sammet]

You're a child of an old illusion
Can't you hear it cry?
You live your life to the exclusion
Of what they call a lie
The touch of evil it is getting stronger
You'd better hide in the daylight
Or you won't stand the temptation no longer
And you will ask if your way is right

Do not ask the preacher why
All your fears keep it alive
Waiting for the end of time

Holy shadows, always follow
Holy chains on holy shadows

When you are eve then I am temptation
I am the words you're not allowed to say
The animal of their revelation
'Cause I can take your fears away

They make you blind and they want you to follow
"Free love is sin! Desire's slavery!"
My wicked kiss on your virgin lips
Will be a pleasant way you'll see it

Do not ask the preacher why
All your fears keep it alive

Let's get down on the floor
You'll be screaming for more
When out bodies collide
I'll make you feel alright
Never give in when they call it sin

(...father, forgive her for giving in to her lust,
for being not able to stand the temptation...and for enjoying it!...)

Reactions: eochaid
Well, they should also question the NT bullshit :D

On a side note, though people, ignorant people, here often says that Jake E has a power metal voice, I think that Anders is the one. The problem is that he doesn't know how to use it. But, fuck, reflect the storm is a perfect example of what I'm saying.

Anders on a power metal track would be ... something else :rofl:

Jake has closer to a pop/rock music singing voice than power metal imo. Most PM vocalists can still find a grittiness in their tone which characterises metal, which Jake doesn't have. His voice is always really smooth, even when he tries to give it an edge.

Fabio Lione of Rhapsody of Fire is a good example. He generally has quite a high pitched singing voice, but can also sound quite gritty when required.

You can hear it here, from about 00:40 onwards. The guy is just an awesome vocalist. Jake is good as well, but what you hear from guys like Kiske, Lione, Sammett, and so on is TOTALLY different to what Jake does.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-46173152

This is amazing. Some guy from the States claims to be in a mega popular rock band and fools a bunch of venues in Europe into allowing him to play there... but nobody shows up because the band's popularity is built on a fake agency, a fake record label, a fake facebook page with bought likes and also a fake youtube channel with even more bought likes and comments :D so this dude spends a fortune playing around Europe to a crowd of two or three people. Bravo.

What's funny is that this guy is decent enough at what he's doing, it's not like he's total shit. Granted the music video is hilariously bad and the production is terrible. Instruments all sound thin and weak, vocals way too high in the mix, lyrics at times not fitting in properly with the music. However, with refinement this would be an OK song. It's not like he's so bad that he needs to fake everything to get bookings.

Dat publicity though. If he can leverage it into genuine interest it might pay off in the long run.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/jered_threatin

Lol.

And I'm a big fan of Fenerbahçe, though we're not really doing good this year. Really really bad actually. :D

fenerbahce-logo.svg

According to the BBC you're doing even worse this year bro :D

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46883617

Fenerbahce IN CRISIS - what's going on? Somebody accidentally send the players "The Chosen Pessimist" and depress them into oblivion?

Hah, we're actually doing okay at the moment. Decent squad, decent manager, an actual, visible structure at the club and the owners making themselves scarce. Comfortably mid-table in the Championship and a nice 2-0 win at the weekend, making it three wins in a row :cool: might even make a playoff push if we keep it up. Granted we're still a long way from where we were when Venky's took over, but this is more stable than we've been in nearly a decade.

Were you following them when they've won the PL? According to my calculations you were 40 around that time.

Yes, good times. Shearer and Sutton, the SOS, tearing defences apart. Stuart Ripley speeding down the wing. Sherwood, Batty and Atkins battling in the centre, backed up by big Colin Hendry, Graeme Le Saux and Henning Berg, with Tim 'bottle' Flowers in goal - all managed by the legendary Kenny Dalglish :cool: it was a great time to be alive.

CS4597092.jpg

Reactions: Jester Slave
I also have the original Premier League review that aired in summer '95 on Sky Sports, burned to DVD and then ripped into digital form... but still in all its shitty VHS quality glory :D at least now the quality doesn't degrade a little more every time I watch it. You can't find that version nowadays. They have a 94/95 retrospective which is basically the same program but they re-dubbed the voice over with a woman and changed a ton of the music, probably due to rights issues.

According to the BBC you're doing even worse this year bro :D

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46883617

Fenerbahce IN CRISIS - what's going on? Somebody accidentally send the players "The Chosen Pessimist" and depress them into oblivion?

Crisis can't even describe the situation bro, its worse than the last time we talked. :D Squad quality at its lowest at this point but can't blame the new board for it. Last president screwed the club so bad (financially), we cant even build a good squad. Plus the ones we got; Andre Ayew, Islam Slimani are in a such bad shape. I'm sure that if you watch the last game we lost (a team from second division btw) you won't even recognize Slimani. He's in such a bad shape since we got him don't know why. Our first game of second half starts today, no hope for us but will watch anyway. :D

Crisis can't even describe the situation bro, its worse than the last time we talked. :D Squad quality at its lowest at this point but can't blame the new board for it. Last president screwed the club so bad (financially), we cant even build a good squad. Plus the ones we got; Andre Ayew, Islam Slimani are in a such bad shape. I'm sure that if you watch the last game we lost (a team from second division btw) you won't even recognize Slimani. He's in such a bad shape since we got him don't know why. Our first game of second half starts today, no hope for us but will watch anyway. :D
Any thoughts about Okay Yokuslu?

Any thoughts about Okay Yokuslu?

I didn't watch any games he played at Celta but he was pretty good when he was playing at Turkey. I'm sure I'll be seeing him playing at national team for long time. On the other hand, I was very hopeful about Emre Mor, another Turkish player at Celta. He was very good at Dortmund but not consistent I guess. I hope he will gain form and play better cause we need them at national team, we're not doing good at national level either.. :D

Bro... 90th minute equaliser :erk: great goal from Soldado though.

I wasn't really shocked about the goal actually, it was sooo obvious don't you think :( yeah that goal was pretty good, dunno if you heard him but we had Moussa Sow, his goals were always like that. He even scored to Manchester United a goal like that.

good stuff. :D

I didn't watch any games he played at Celta but he was pretty good when he was playing at Turkey. I'm sure I'll be seeing him playing at national team for long time. On the other hand, I was very hopeful about Emre Mor, another Turkish player at Celta. He was very good at Dortmund but not consistent I guess. I hope he will gain form and play better cause we need them at national team, we're not doing good at national level either.. :D
We have a serious defensive problem here. We've made more goals than real madrid or atletico de madrid, still we're just the 17th team in la liga. Why? Because our defensive system is shit since a lot of years ago and our goalkeepers are two of the worst from the competition. But the president just won't spend money in reinforcing those lines.

I wasn't really shocked about the goal actually, it was sooo obvious don't you think :( yeah that goal was pretty good, dunno if you heard him but we had Moussa Sow, his goals were always like that. He even scored to Manchester United a goal like that.

good stuff. :D

I do indeed remember Moussa Sow, you've had some interesting players come to Turkey over the years... none better than Darius Vassell, of course :D

600.jpg

Granted this was probably a big deal for Ankaragucu back in the day, but it was pretty hilarious over here to see Vassell being treated like Lionel Messi :D

On the bright side even though Fenerbahce conceded a late goal, they're out of the relegation zone :cool: onwards and upwards, led by master finisher Soldado and slightly overweight Islam Slimani!

I do indeed remember Moussa Sow, you've had some interesting players come to Turkey over the years... none better than Darius Vassell, of course :D

600.jpg

Granted this was probably a big deal for Ankaragucu back in the day, but it was pretty hilarious over here to see Vassell being treated like Lionel Messi :D

On the bright side even though Fenerbahce conceded a late goal, they're out of the relegation zone :cool: onwards and upwards, led by master finisher Soldado and slightly overweight Islam Slimani!

Hahaha that was really funny indeed. Even though Ankaragücü is a team from Turkey's capital; Ankara, they're not a strong team so like you said it was pretty big deal for them.

Victor Moses moving on loan to Ciko's boys, good move imo :cool:

When your new team gets eliminated from cup by a second division team:

DxseGhFXgAAfCky.jpg