Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Isn't always like that? People telling other people hiw they should feel or what they should be offended about.

In spain there's a guy that started an anti-lgtb tour with messages in a bus that was stopping in front of schools. Something like: girls are girls, boys are boys. People claimed that it should be banned. I said that we should laugh at him to make it inoffensive.

I have a problem. I reinstalled WIn 10, and now my audio is fucked. On normal songs I couldn't exactly pintpoint what was the problem ,but they were all off. Then I listened to this:

Just skip to the middle of it or something. It should sound like this: Katy Perry on the front, and the gachi stuff in the background. But to me, I barely hear KP, while the gachi stuff is so loud, clean and crisp. I guess something is up with the high/low pitches but I'm not sure how to fix it. The driver is up to date.

Windows did it. I downloaded one from Realtek's official page, and when I rebooted Windows, it started updating it immidiately. Not that it helped.

Go to Windows Settings, search for Mono, and see if Mono sound is activated, it some times is by default.
Thanks, but sadly it wasn't the case. Tried to turn it on then off, but nothing's changed.

Other issues that may help identifying the problem:
- Volume is messed up. 20-30% is already loud as fuck, around as loud as 60-70 was before reinstalling.
- Bass is very prominent as well, sometimes even louder than guitars.
- In games, sounds which supposed to be more layered are louder than anything else. Ie. the sound of a sword clashing or a spell being used are extremely loud compared to what it used to be.

Thanks, but sadly it wasn't the case. Tried to turn it on then off, but nothing's changed.

Other issues that may help identifying the problem:
- Volume is messed up. 20-30% is already loud as fuck, around as loud as 60-70 was before reinstalling.
- Bass is very prominent as well, sometimes even louder than guitars.
- In games, sounds which supposed to be more layered are louder than anything else. Ie. the sound of a sword clashing or a spell being used are extremely loud compared to what it used to be.

I'm not sure but it can be some effect activated somehow.

Right click the speaker icon on the low right (near the watch). Click to playback devices, you will see the speakers icon, right click and go to properties section. Click on the enchantments tab, check the disable all sound effects box. I'm using W7 but it might be same on the W10

Edit: Also check Realtek Audio Manager, it has the sound effects tab, be sure that you're on the default, with no effect. Uncheck if the Loudness Equalization is checked.

Last edited:
As I said, just don't let windows autoinstall the drivers. Download the latest ones, uninstall the drivers and install them manually.

Another option is to uninstall windows (best option ever).

I JUST reinstalled Windows. I updated my realtek to 2018.02.XX though there was a lot of options to choose from, al lwith the same name, confusing. Anyway, nothing really changed except I can access HD Audio Manager now, but I don't have any options there.

ixE3O5P.png

I wonder if Slave was accidentally on some fucked up audio setting this whole time, and eventually his brain just adapted to how it sounds. So now it's back to normal it all sounds wrong. I hope so.

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
Another option is to uninstall windows (best option ever).

Yeah, but only if you don't play games.

Then try an older version of the drivers.

I would try that. One time I re-installed Windows and the system kept on randomly giving me the BSOD, turned out the latest ATI Radeon display driver was released as unstable. Issue was fixed by manually installing an older driver.