Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

I think that is referring to the ballad they mention at the end of the sentence.

Maybe, although I was listening to a radio interview with Jake at the weekend and the way he was talking suggested he was heavily involved in the songwriting. He mentioned that he prefers songs to be "written around the chorus" with "two verse structure". So Jesper appears to have found Anders mk II :D

That's the thing that I hate the most when listening to metal. When bands do something like this they're just renouncing to the essence of metal music and embracing pop.

Well yeah, but I see them as guitar players, so my theory still works. :)

Really, and this is not some kvlt tr00 metal BS...if you want to do pop, just go and do pop music.

Reactions: galvanized
Yeah. Any one hear the latest Kandy dance pop hit? Keeping Secrets?

More interesting than anything Cyhra or Amaranthe or anyone in the pop metal genre has ever done.

Last edited:
Heart like a grave has been leaked.

I must say, the album is great. There are no fillers. To my opinion better than Shadows of the Dying Sun.

Last edited:
Maybe, although I was listening to a radio interview with Jake at the weekend and the way he was talking suggested he was heavily involved in the songwriting. He mentioned that he prefers songs to be "written around the chorus" with "two verse structure". So Jesper appears to have found Anders mk II :D

These kind of things are anticlimactic to hear, regardless of who is the primary songwriter. :(

These kind of things are anticlimactic to hear, regardless of who is the primary songwriter. :(

From what Jake was saying I definitely wouldn't expect anything complex on No Halos From Hell. Sounds like pretty much all the songs are going to be based on the basic pop template. He also suggested it wasn't all that different to Letters To Myself. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Had just enough time to go through Heart like a grave once, better than I expected.
Holy shit, And bells they toll fucking hits hard. I will write a proper, lengthy impression after a few more careful listens.

Didn't find time to listen to the whole thing with attention... But my first impression is that And Bells They Toll rules. Why didn't they put this out with some epic video instead of bland Valediction?

Great metal song with emotion and catchy chorus.

Reactions: eochaid
Valediction is thw kind of song that works as first single. Starts with fast pace to attract attention. Then clean vocals and catchy chorus. Similar to while we sleep.

Difference being - WWS is a good catchy tune with a nice video (hence 8-9 million views on yt), while Valediction is the worst song on the whole album.

Anyway, I like this new record. 8 or 8.5 for me, with some real gems.

And still I think that my point is valid.

I like the guitar work on this album. They take the most of the three guitars in many riffs and tunes. A nice work.

But yes. And bells they toll, Mute is my sorrow or Twilight trail would've been better choices as single.

Last edited:
Reactions: A88
I don't see any weak spot on the entire album. Valediction isn't that bad when put between Wail of the North and Neverlast, though still pretty much meh. The rest is just awesome. I love how it ends with Heart Like a Grave and instrumental(s).

Not on Winter's Gate level, which plays in a different league, amongst IF's bests, but still terrific. 9/10 and probably album of the year, though I still haven't listened to Age of Excuse.

Man... I love Twilight Trails. As for Valediction... The more I listen to it the more I like the song. It's not on the level of other singles from the bad, but it's enjoyable. It only lacks some harmonies here and there.

The album so far, I a gree, a 9/10.

My only complaint is that it's way too expensive. At least if I want to buy it in Spain.

Man, just how good is that melodic part in the end of Wail of the North!?

On par with classic IF material. Yet so simple.