Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

That’s cool, sounds like our opinion matched pretty closely. Overall I still have a problem with remembering the tracks after a while. Except for Disconnecting the Dots. Amazing tune that sticks in my head.

There’s a couple Heaven Shall Burn albums I’m into but for them I have historically subscribed to “one or two albums is enough”. Those songs are more metal than I actually remember Heaven Shall Burn typically sounding like. Hmm, might need to revisit. More moody than the metalcore genre they typically get thrown in.

Interestingly I remember I had Antigone downloaded back in the day but maybe I only downloaded the first 4-5 tracks (I did this — limited bandwidth, time, storage). I don’t remember the tracks you posted. But I definitely remember the first couple.

I think Disconnecting the Dots is by far the best track on the record. I'd love to hear a full album with songs like that. Maybe next time.

I really liked Antigone, but never really got into any other HSB albums. I tried but I just don't think they were melodic enough to hold my interest. Haven't listened to an album of theirs since the first Iconoclast album which I didn't like much.

Who likes Sabaton? Just discovered these bad asses. Why’d it take me so long? Holy shit, they are amazing! Vocals, guitars, riffs, harmonies, energy.

Sabaton are fucking great! I've been a fan of them going back over a decade now. I think the first time I heard them was at the Bloodstock festival where they were awesome.

Probably my favourite song of theirs, although there's a ton of others I really dig too. Cliffs of Gallipoli, Price of a Mile (with the Bullet Ride ripoff intro), Ghost Division, Primo Victoria... very unique and interesting band.

Sabaton...ugh.

Yes, they can write a catchy tune, but they are so...basic, and every song sounds the same.

Reactions: miniroch
giphy.gif

Sabaton...ugh.

Yes, they can write a catchy tune, but they are so...basic, and every song sounds the same.
By basic you must mean awesome. And yeah, every song on The Great War is awesome. Haven’t listened beyond that yet.

Reactions: DE4life
Black Friday was big for a couple of years over here, but faded pretty quick and now it's mostly online. Stores seem to do "deals" over the entire week now instead of just Friday/Monday, but I read a story on the BBC which said the prices are in reality no lower than other times of the year.

Don't know if you guys heard Dan Swanö (shame on you if you didn't), the guy did a lot of projects, Bloodbath was one of my favorite projects of his. Anyway, I heard his latest band called Witherscape and its pretty good. Most of you guys here listens MDM so, you might wanna give it a shot.

Btw this band contains 2 people, Dan Swanö and Ragnar Widerberg. This Ragnar guy is pretty good on his clean vocals. Much more better than your Jake-E boy @DE4life ! :D

Swanos best work is Moontower. Whiterscape is OK but nothing special.

Moontower sounds like the continuation of Edge of Sanity kind of, in my opinion. I've never really listened to his work in-depth, he's got a nice growl though, very similar to Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth.

So with all this coronavirus going on, stay safe mofos, remember to wash your freaking hands will you?! :D

I don't know... Spaniards are so stupid that we all will probably be dead by the end of next week.

The English aren't far behind tbh. I was lucky to find some kitchen roll in the supermarket today.

The lack of tests here in the USA is insane.

And the government is so indecisive with the shut downs. Very ad hoc, no decisive leadership.

The English aren't far behind tbh. I was lucky to find some kitchen roll in the supermarket today.
There is a state of alert. The government has told the people to only go out in case of extreme necessity. So many people from Madrid, the main focus, took their bags and went on vacation to other cities. And there was many people of my city taking a walk on the beach, old, young and children. We are stupid and we're going to extinguish.

The supermarkets... I wonder if the people that "sacked" them today will do the same on monday when they're opened again.

The lack of tests here in the USA is insane.

And the government is so indecisive with the shut downs. Very ad hoc, no decisive leadership.
Our government allowed and promoted the 8M march of the women. So nothing to say.

My housemate most likely had it based on his condition but I never got anywhere close to the same symptoms. It could just be that I'm asymtomatic though, hard to tell without a test. I did the whole 14 day self-isolation thing as per our guidelines here. To be honest though now that we are effectively in lockdown the only difference between self-isolating and not self-isolating is being able to go to the supermarket to buy food.