Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

There was some Soilwork talk up there. I've been listening to Verkligheten a lot lately. I kind of dismissed this album, but man I am loving it right now. I probably listened to The Ageless Whisper 10 times on repeat last night. That is such a good fucking song.

Jeez man, that is a law that needs to be changed. Is nobody challenging the ridiculousness of allowing an 18 year old to legally have sex with a 12 year old?
As I said, it's quite common amongst a certain minority group, and we already have enough tensions with them.
There was some Soilwork talk up there. I've been listening to Verkligheten a lot lately. I kind of dismissed this album, but man I am loving it right now. I probably listened to The Ageless Whisper 10 times on repeat last night. That is such a good fucking song.
It is, but the album is still quite meh. I'm especially sad about the cut female vocals on that one track.

As I said, it's quite common amongst a certain minority group, and we already have enough tensions with them.

Fuck that man. Laws protecting vulnerable kids should not be dictated by tensions with minority groups or otherwise. That shit needs to be dealt with.

There are some songs on Verkligheten I really like, and others which I'm not that into. Nurturing Glance, Witan and You Aquiver are my favourite tracks on the album by far. I quite like When the Universe Spoke and Ageless Whisper as well. The rest of the tracks are fine but nothing I find particularly special.

Correction: the age of consent law actually allows you to have sex with someone who is 12 years old as long as you ar between 12-18; previously I thought you could not be older than 14.

Other than because of a certain minority group, I am not sure why does rule exist.

That's so bad. In every aspect.

But minorities should never decide the law. Even if they cause problems.

We have the gipsies in Spain that, most of them, live 100% apart from the law and don't respect shit. Still we don't do the laws to make them feel comfortable.

Also, this is a safe space, nobody is going to call you a racist or whatever just for naming them. After all, you're yet a pedo si nothing can be worse than that.

Messing with gipsies is a political suicide, so no one does anything. A possible solution would be either inhumane, or cost a looooooot of money, time and effort. You can't do the former, and you would lose votes from the latter.

Yeah, minority politics is not that easy. Even without the law, nothing would be different. You think police would take away those 13 or 14 year old pregnant girls? Things would get ugly real fast. We have enough tension already. Just in the last month we had 2 quite controversial events, and people are so at the edge of their seats that they jump on these immediately.

No. They probably would not. But law cannot be hijacked by some people under the threat of raising tensions

Corey Taylor's new songs are a fucking joke. He should be doing a duo with Anders to release the most embarrassing album ever

Reactions: miniroch
I haven't listened to Corey in a long time. I got bored of people acting like he was some kind of god-tier singer. Dude has a good voice but he's not that good and doesn't have much of a range.

Anyway, Amaranthe's new single:

W/E, it's just typical Amaranthe so nothing to give much of a shit about, however...

upload_2020-7-31_19-32-58.png

Wut? :D I don't understand where this fellow is making the OFTW connection. I guess the opening riffs are slightly similar, but man, that's a stretch.

CT is a great live singer but I cannot stand his diva attitude. And his vocal lines aren't that great. He's been going down for a long time now.
And for his first single he's singing hip hop.

I've always been so-so with Slipknot as I think CT's growls are shit, but Stone Sour are great. I saw them live many years ago at Download - 2006 or 2007 - and Corey sounded spot on. I don't follow his music though. If he wants to do hip hop then whatever I guess, but his voice doesn't strike me at being suited to that genre.

Just listened to "CMFT Must Be Stopped", which I'm guessing is the song you were talking about @eochaid. I don't really know what to say about it. Reminds me of Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock type bands from the early 2000s.

Honestly, I didn't hate it :D but I doubt I'm going to listen to again.

Reactions: eochaid
Yes. That one. The problem is not the song per se. The problem is the guy. He's so clearly and desperately trying to become the high act that is hilarious.

When Jim Root left Stone Sour, he was in really bad terms with CT and said that there was, at least, one guy in Stone Sour that was obssesed with making money. I think I know who he was talking about.

Yes. That one. The problem is not the song per se. The problem is the guy. He's so clearly and desperately trying to become the high act that is hilarious.

When Jim Root left Stone Sour, he was in really bad terms with CT and said that there was, at least, one guy in Stone Sour that was obssesed with making money. I think I know who he was talking about.

I thought he referred to other guitarst, the bald one. cant remember his name. :D

I'm actually not a big fan of CT i like some of his work but his new song black eyes blue sounds cool actually.

Yes. That could be possible. From what I've read, Root seriously wanted to beat CT for some reason.

The Kid Bookie verse is great. Tech N9ne is awesome but his verse was underwhelming here. Corey Taylor’s rap part sounded weak and the chorus is annoying.

I am quite old school when it comes to the hip hop I like. It tends to be late-80s or early/mid-90s stuff. Modern hip hop generally doesn't do it for me.

One of my favourite songs of all time, let alone in the hip hop genre. The lyrics on this combined with the overall flow and beat... just amazing.

I am quite old school when it comes to the hip hop I like. It tends to be late-80s or early/mid-90s stuff. Modern hip hop generally doesn't do it for me.

One of my favourite songs of all time, let alone in the hip hop genre. The lyrics on this combined with the overall flow and beat... just amazing.

Word. That album is awesome. My favorite is the first 4 or 5 tracks on the 2nd CD

Amazing series of songs back to back

Intro is awesome, song never lets up:

Last edited:
Reactions: DE4life
I am quite old school when it comes to the hip hop I like.

See, I am quite old school when it comes to the hip hop I DON'T like... which is all of it. :D

Speaking of, I get really tired of being called closed-minded for not liking a type of music. If you truly give something a shot and it doesn't resonate with you, how are you closed-minded? There's this circle jerk mentality that unless you enjoy "all music", you're somehow less than. I just don't buy that. You're not less than for listening to what you enjoy and not listening to something you don't like. Rant over. Carry on.