Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Damn, I just tried to find Invitation to download and it was really difficult. I already have the album somewhere but couldn't be bothered locating it, so I figured I'd just download a torrent. It wasn't on metal-tracker and most of the torrents I found elsewhere were dead. I finally found a download in FLAC which was nice, but I didn't expect it to be that hard to find. It isn't even available to download on Amazon.

Damn, I just tried to find Invitation to download and it was really difficult. I already have the album somewhere but couldn't be bothered locating it, so I figured I'd just download a torrent. It wasn't on metal-tracker and most of the torrents I found elsewhere were dead. I finally found a download in FLAC which was nice, but I didn't expect it to be that hard to find. It isn't even available to download on Amazon.
Yeah there’s only one album on Apple Music.

I like Taage too. Not sure if you knew but he also has a side project that plays metal versions of church hymns. Here's their version of Adeste Fideles (in Finnish though). Pretty cool arrangement IMO.

the time tag doesn't work? Just start watching at 5:30

I was aware of that although I hadn't really listened to any of it. His voice still sounds great, he's like a more controlled version of Tony Kakko. As far as I'm aware Tony never had any vocal lessons - he got away with it when he was younger but listening to recent Sonata Arctica it sounds like it's caught up with him. I thought he sounded awful on their latest release.

I'm really interested in what Altaria will put out, hoping they are still on track to do so. I didn't realise that for their 'final' show in 2016 they brought back their first singer from Invitation ((Jouni Nikula) to do some of those songs. The guy still sounded absolutely spot on - I believe he is a classically trained vocalist. Jani Liimatainen also played that show which is pretty cool.

Jouni still sounds identical to how he was on the album which was 13-14 years ago by that point. I've seen clips of him playing some Invitation songs pre-2016 wearing an Altaria shirt so I guess he still has fondness for the band despite only being a part of it for one album. It would be really cool if they got him to guest on their new album, along with Emppu and Jani, but chances of that are probably fairly low.

Yeah I think Kakko studied keyboards in a music school and originally considered himself a keyboard player, first and foremost. Admittedly I'm not an expert on SA though, as I only really listened to the first three albums. I'm interested in checking out "Talviyö" though now that the band was brought up.

I had to give up on it three songs in due to the vocals. They were ruining every song for me, but you may have more tolerance than I do.

I've listened to the remaster of Square Nothing and there are evident differences, starting for the vocals and drums. Everything sounds clearer but bland here when compared to the original one.

Even the vocals have some weird effect... Some kind of echo or something like that that I don't like.

Guys, I came to promote the newest Bring Me The Horizon. Eeeeew, fuck that emo pussy ass shit!!! We are jerking to the same old shitty DT with the same old garbage vocals in the other thread!!!! Yes-yes, I saw that you've been busy, but this new EP is pretty fucking good. May be just a guilty pleasure for most of you, but at least something fresh! Which is ironic, because the record is basically an amalgamation of many genres, including Linkin fucking Park. That's right, on some songs they like distilled the essence of nu metal and put it in a 2020 context. And it sounds surprisingly great; to be honest, the best fucking nu metal shit I have heard since Meteora and that's been like what, 18 years? The intro song has Slayer (!!!) riffs. The album was co-produced by Mick Gordon who is the mastermind behind the new Doom soundtracks, and you can just feel by how punchy the songs are.

No joke, I definitely urge everyone to give this one a listen. My favorite is Parasite Eve, but Kingslayer slaps the hardest probably. I like Fantano's first reaction to Kingslayer, which was "this should not be so good". You feel like you shouldn't go around and be proud that you like a song where Babymetal is a contributor, but you can't help to move your feet to it. (I can't link playlists? sad.)

The new Gorillaz is also pretty good, the first couple of songs are really great, but I don't take you for the Gorillaz types.

Guys, I came to promote the newest Bring Me The Horizon. Eeeeew, fuck that emo pussy ass shit!!! We are jerking to the same old shitty DT with the same old garbage vocals in the other thread!!!! Yes-yes, I saw that you've been busy, but this new EP is pretty fucking good. May be just a guilty pleasure for most of you, but at least something fresh! Which is ironic, because the record is basically an amalgamation of many genres, including Linkin fucking Park. That's right, on some songs they like distilled the essence of nu metal and put it in a 2020 context. And it sounds surprisingly great; to be honest, the best fucking nu metal shit I have heard since Meteora and that's been like what, 18 years? The intro song has Slayer (!!!) riffs. The album was co-produced by Mick Gordon who is the mastermind behind the new Doom soundtracks, and you can just feel by how punchy the songs are.

No joke, I definitely urge everyone to give this one a listen. My favorite is Parasite Eve, but Kingslayer slaps the hardest probably. I like Fantano's first reaction to Kingslayer, which was "this should not be so good". You feel like you shouldn't go around and be proud that you like a song where Babymetal is a contributor, but you can't help to move your feet to it. (I can't link playlists? sad.)

The new Gorillaz is also pretty good, the first couple of songs are really great, but I don't take you for the Gorillaz types.

Cool man, downloading both now, I will listen. Still waiting for the new DT to drop so I’ve got some listening time available.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Hard for me to criticise Slave bringing up BMTH when I've been listening to the new Amaranthe album tbh. As with most of their post-Nexus albums the music is for the most part just OK. Archangel is probably my favourite track, mainly because it's Amaranthe doing what they do at its simplest level.

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure @eochaid would love this one:

:rofl:

Hard for me to criticise Slave bringing up BMTH when I've been listening to the new Amaranthe album tbh. As with most of their post-Nexus albums the music is for the most part just OK. Archangel is probably my favourite track, mainly because it's Amaranthe doing what they do at its simplest level.

Am I seeing 3 singers again? So they hired someone to replace Jake? Seems really superfluous.

Am I seeing 3 singers again? So they hired someone to replace Jake? Seems really superfluous.

I think they consider the three vocalist thing a part of their core identity. They've always maintained three as far as I'm aware. I actually quite like their current clean singer as he has a more traditional power metal style voice. He'd actually sound better than Jake on a lot of the recent Cyhra songs, which are generally a weak attempt at power metal.

Yeah he sounded good in that song, but he had like 20seconds of singing :(

I feel like Jake is really getting butchered now. Leaves old band, got replaced by someone more metal. Starts new band, gets criticized for not being metal enough. Dude just doesn’t belong in this genre.

Reactions: eochaid
Yeah he sounded good in that song, but he had like 20seconds of singing :(

I feel like Jake is really getting butchered now. Leaves old band, got replaced by someone more metal. Starts new band, gets criticized for not being metal enough. Dude just doesn’t belong in this genre.

I think the reason Jake left Amaranthe in the first place is because he was getting less and less vocal time - it was increasingly Elize & the growling dude with Jake thrown a few lines here and there. I don't think Amaranthe's new male singer was very well known before joining them, so he's probably just happy to be in the spotlight for a huge band.

Jake is an odd one. I do like his voice but I'm not really sure what genre he fits into. He sounded good on Letters to Myself for the most part, but was majorly underwhelming on Halos.

Reactions: eochaid

I actually like some of the new BMTH songs but I actually liked "Amo" album better than this. Sure that album was "eeeww, fuck that emo pussy" type but I think they actually put effort on that album.

Songs like Mantra, Nihilist Blues, Sugar Honey Ice & Tea, Mother Tongue, Heavy Metal are on my playlist and I'm listening them every now and then. Specially Heavy Metal is a pretty good song. I think IF should write a song like that to screw @DE4life and @eochaid :D :D

Is that some kind of parody?

Now, that's the real deal. The future of metal. Or maybe I'm joking. I'm most probably joking.

So why am I sharing this here? That "singer" is the son of Corey Taylor. As you can see he has a strong personality though is not his own personality. Just his father's.

And this is how metal is becoming more and more a bad joke.