Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Any experiences with LEGO games, guys? Recently I got hooked into them, they are great fun if you are playing co op, but not terrible playing alone either! Though Football Manager is starting to take over my life, so I spend less time playing the lego games :(
I'm seriously thinking on reporting your post for offensive content.
Just listen to it! At worst it's a great background music for working out or gaming.
I actually like some of the new BMTH songs but I actually liked "Amo" album better than this. Sure that album was "eeeww, fuck that emo pussy" type but I think they actually put effort on that album.

Songs like Mantra, Nihilist Blues, Sugar Honey Ice & Tea, Mother Tongue, Heavy Metal are on my playlist and I'm listening them every now and then. Specially Heavy Metal is a pretty good song. I think IF should write a song like that to screw @DE4life and @eochaid :D :D
The only other BMTH song I know is in the dark, which is on amo. I like it, but it has an entirely different vibe and goes on a little too long. I like it, because it's an upbeat song with a melancholic tone. With this ep they earned my time to eventually go through their discography. One day...

But I just love how well-orchestrated it is. Everything is in its place and.

Music for gaming is a serious matter. I have learned that some music raise my pulse, specially metal.music, making me feel nervous. So I only use it for games like Uncharted (just an example).

For games that need more patience I tend to listen to calm music. Instrumental.

I have not played to any Lego games. Currently trying to play BOTW with my switch.

Just listen to it! At worst it's a great background music for working out or gaming.
The BMTH was okay. Agree the Kingslayer and Parasite Eve stood out on my first casual listen. I’ll listen again.

The Gorillaz album I had to delete almost immediately. I made it 75% through the first song, then skimmed 10s of the next few. Their debut MTV song like 20 years ago was a lot better. They were alt rap. Now they sound like weird British pop? I didn’t even know they were British? Delete.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Music for gaming is a serious matter. I have learned that some music raise my pulse, specially metal.music, making me feel nervous. So I only use it for games like Uncharted (just an example).

I have not played to any Lego games. Currently trying to play BOTW with my switch.
BOTW soundtrack is amazing. I love it. Listening to metal or anything while playing is a sin.

Reactions: eochaid
Any experiences with LEGO games, guys? Recently I got hooked into them, they are great fun if you are playing co op, but not terrible playing alone either!
My son has recently been playing LEGO Villains. I forbade him from playing it because I think it’s bad to practice being mentally ill. Same reason I always opposed nu metal. Anyway he found it and started playing it. Seems not that bad. He said the villains actually turned good and fought against a really bad guy?

Not lego, but I'm currently downloading the new Stars Wars game on the Quest 2.

Why would you listen to music in an action game?? I listen to music or podcasts if I play tower defense games (Bloons TD 6) or card games. But if it's an action game or any game with voice-overs??

Btw I'm surprised you haven't tried lego games, because I think they are best suited to playing with children. Even if some of the puzzles may be too difficult for them at a young age, they can still have fun destroying everything with their favorite superhero/starwars/harrypotter/lordoftherings/etc. characters.
The BMTH was okay. Agree the Kingslayer and Parasite Eve stood out on my first casual listen. I’ll listen again.

The Gorillaz album I had to delete almost immediately. I made it 75% through the first song, then skimmed 10s of the next few. Their debut MTV song like 20 years ago was a lot better. They were alt rap. Now they sound like weird British pop? I didn’t even know they were British? Delete.
The guy behind Gorillaz was/is the frontman of Blur. Yeah, nothing will ever be as good as Demon Days, but songs 1-5 are quite groovy, I liked them instantly.
My son has recently been playing LEGO Villains. I forbade him from playing it because I think it’s bad to practice being mentally ill. Same reason I always opposed nu metal. Anyway he found it and started playing it. Seems not that bad. He said the villains actually turned good and fought against a really bad guy?
As I told the Spaniard as well, you should play it with him for sure!! Villains is actually the game I am looking for the most, aside from the new Star Wars one coming out next year. It is really fun playing it in co-op and they are quite lighthearted fun. Thanks for the spoilers mate!! :D

Not lego, but I'm currently downloading the new Stars Wars game on the Quest 2.
I'd puke in VR I'm pretty sure. I puke during car rides too.

I'd puke in VR I'm pretty sure. I puke during car rides too.

You'd just have to be careful with the games you pick. Most games take significant measures to reduce motion sickness for obvious reasons (feeling sick = return for refund). Some of my favourite stuff to do in VR has no or barely any movement at all. I don't get motion sick in VR (never have) so it's not an issue for me, but I've found most modern VR games play it very safe.

Honestly though, some of my best experiences in VR aren't even games.

Gameboy emulator:

The clarity on this is genuinely amazing.

And I know my non-weebo anime bros will appreciate watching some anime in a cinema :cool:

On the older headsets it was kinda difficult to watch anything like this for long, because the screen quality was fairly poor. No such problems with the Quest 2 though - the display is incredible.

DT album has leaked. There's quite a lot to chew through and to unpack so I will write my impressions in a few days when I've gotten through it properly. It's mostly all midtempo though, don't expect any super fast bangers.

Also stop listening to gay shit like BMTH, just because In Flames went full homo doesn't mean that you have to too

Btw I'm surprised you haven't tried lego games, because I think they are best suited to playing with children.
We have Mario Tennis, Mario Odisdey and Mario Karts. So games enough to play with them.

Also, I don't own consoles and games to play with them, that's just one of the inconveniences of having children.

Reactions: Jester Slave
You'd just have to be careful with the games you pick. Most games take significant measures to reduce motion sickness for obvious reasons (feeling sick = return for refund). Some of my favourite stuff to do in VR has no or barely any movement at all. I don't get motion sick in VR (never have) so it's not an issue for me, but I've found most modern VR games play it very safe.

Honestly though, some of my best experiences in VR aren't even games.

Gameboy emulator:

The clarity on this is genuinely amazing.

And I know my non-weebo anime bros will appreciate watching some anime in a cinema :cool:

On the older headsets it was kinda difficult to watch anything like this for long, because the screen quality was fairly poor. No such problems with the Quest 2 though - the display is incredible.

I don’t think the anime theater is real enough. Where’s the awkward audience with multiple autists laughing whenever a character says something touching or starts crying? Ruining the show/movie vibes?

Cuz that’s what I remember from seeing anime in a theater. Tried it at college my first year. Never again.

I don’t think the anime theater is real enough. Where’s the awkward audience with multiple autists laughing whenever a character says something touching or starts crying? Ruining the show/movie vibes?

Cuz that’s what I remember from seeing anime in a theater. Tried it at college my first year. Never again.

Just another part of the experience VR improves on... no other people around to be irritating. I have never and probably would never watch anime in a cinema as I struggle to tolerate the weebs, so a VR cinema works just fine for me.

Just another part of the experience VR improves on... no other people around to be irritating. I have never and probably would never watch anime in a cinema as I struggle to tolerate the weebs, so a VR cinema works just fine for me.
Smart man. I thought I was an anime fan and then I met all the otakus and decided it best to keep this hobby to myself.

Also my roommate was a binge watcher which turned me off. I’m old school, 1-2 episodes a day, watching at night only. This guy would watch entire seasons in the day time.

Watching Chobits, Oh My Goddess, Love Hina, Fruits Basket, Card Captor Sakura by myself. A few episodes a week, Friday and Saturday nights. Wait, is this the Non-Gay thread again?

First, there's a thread for this. Second, many people going to the theatre to watch anime movies are just casual viewers. Third, if this is the non gay thread then this is the right place. So my first point seems useless now.

And, seriously, don't watch Love Hina. Better read the manga.

I've been doing some kind of anime marathons in my spare time during the past months. Mostly while eating, cooking or when I can't sleep.

Also my roommate was a binge watcher which turned me off. I’m old school, 1-2 episodes a day, watching at night only. This guy would watch entire seasons in the day time.

I'm the same way. I have binge watched some series when I've been on holiday from work (Code Geass recently for the 3rd or 4th time) but usually if I'm watching an anime I'll watch a few episodes per night before bed. I recently did this with a rewatch of Death Note and Psycho Pass season 1 & 2.

Wait, is this the Non-Gay thread again?

Well, we technically have an anime thread but as Krofi-kun isn't around at the moment to explode in rage every time anime is mentioned, we are probably OK to keep talking about it here :D

And, seriously, don't watch Love Hina. Better read the manga.

The manga is for sure much better than the anime. I watched the anime first, but it's hard to go back to it after reading the manga - just because the manga drawings are so much more detailed. The anime looks kind of bad in comparison - although it didn't bother me until after I'd read the manga.

Reactions: eochaid
I'm the same way. I have binge watched some series when I've been on holiday from work (Code Geass recently for the 3rd or 4th time) but usually if I'm watching an anime I'll watch a few episodes per night before bed. I recently did this with a rewatch of Death Note and Psycho Pass season 1 & 2.

Well, we technically have an anime thread but as Krofi-kun isn't around at the moment to explode in rage every time anime is mentioned, we are probably OK to keep talking about it here :D

The manga is for sure much better than the anime. I watched the anime first, but it's hard to go back to it after reading the manga - just because the manga drawings are so much more detailed. The anime looks kind of bad in comparison - although it didn't bother me until after I'd read the manga.
That’s really interesting because when the anime came out it looked so clean, seemed like one of the first digitally-drawn anime’s. That was part of the draw imo.

That’s really interesting because when the anime came out it looked so clean, seemed like one of the first digitally-drawn anime’s. That was part of the draw imo.

It's been so long since I watched Love Hina... 13 or 14 years, I think. I have the series DVD which I bought off eBay many years ago, but I have no idea if those DVDs still work. The manga is really well detailed though. The chapters also go into much greater depth compared to the anime, as often tends to be the case, which makes the anime a severly abridged version of the story.

Next series to watch for me are Psycho Pass 2019 OVAS, third season and new movie (which is on Amazon prime, strangely).

I've seen all of them but the OVAs. Great series.

I strongly recommend Bungo Stray Dogs. Just finished it and it was a really good.