Non Metal Music...

Damnationx

Here's to hoping...
Jan 24, 2004
CT, USA
What else do you guys listen to that isnt metal?

for me, I like alot of industrial, especially KMFDM. Some punk stuff (I know someone will slam me for this, but its all i could think off) like Green Day and Alkaline Trio is not bad either.

Just wondering about the rest of you!

I don't listen to so much non-metal music anymore, I used to be really into the grunge scene (Soundgarden, Alice In Chains etc) and some rock, prog-rock and stoner rock bands (A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Queens of The Stone Age, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, Kyuss)

I used to enjoy some nu-metal bands too, Mudvayne and Deftones were the main ones.

I like some rock/industrial like old Stabbing Westward and more sonically expansive genres like trip-rock, post-rock, trip-hop, psychadelic, prog rock etc. I also really like classical music, especially of the Baroque era.

I also like some really really hard downpouring techno (not sure what to call it, the subgenres elude me in that circle). Really heavy constant-bass stuff with minor melodies and lots of strange sonics and NO FRIGGIN VOCALS.

Lot's of funk! Oh man, Jaco Wooten and Miller are the best! Yeah, I'm getting into jazz recently and I'm really excited...listening to Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, and stuff Donald Duck Dunn was on. Wickedly cool stuff. Otherwise, there's always classical stuff, once in a while...stuff that (coincidentally hehe) happens to be extremely akin to metal in volume and melody. Otherwise, if you want to call them nonmetal, I am one of the larger Kyuss fans on the planet, which is saying a lot.

ænimated said:
I don't listen to so much non-metal music anymore, I used to be really into the grunge scene (Soundgarden, Alice In Chains etc) and some rock, prog-rock and stoner rock bands (A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Queens of The Stone Age, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, Kyuss)

I used to enjoy some nu-metal bands too, Mudvayne and Deftones were the main ones.

Jesus, It's almost like I wrote the post.

I really like the 90s bands posted above like Kyuss, queens of the stone age(they grew on me), radiohead, stone temple pilots, some tool, the first a perfect circle album is good, temple of the dog, sigur ros etc
of course prog/psychadelic rock..king crimson, genesis, camel, host, steve hackett, yes, pink floyd, emerson lake and palmer etc
classic rock like led zeppelin, deep purple, the beatles
Nick Drake
some classical music like mozart, bach, vivaldi, johann strauss
I've been downloading more acoustic songs...I love acoustic stuff from the 70s, nothing beats it.

pretty much if it pleases my ears, it rules regardless of genre...

stay gangsta

NineFeetUnderground said:
i only listen to metal music...like drowning pool.

haha! :D

some of the bands i enjoy are

Porcupine Tree
Jeff Buckley
Blackfield
A perfect circle
Tool
Anathema (yeah the newer stuff)
Radiohead
Koma
The Mars Volta

i only listen to metal music...like drowning pool.

I feel their music is too dark and hard to digest for my taste, it all sounds like noise to me. I also really enjoy the works of (kings of goth rock) the Rasmus

classical, prog rock, folk, a bit of jazz aswell as soul/blues, downtempo and a selection of punk

Radiohead is my favorite band so I listen allot of their music. I also like a lot of 70'ies Motown music. Jimi Hendrix is very good too. Of The Wand And The Moon also great.

i listen a lot, a lot of different music styles... but not because of the "style" idea, but because there's some good bands that i really like, dispite of the style they "belong" to.

if i name them i'm 100% sure that i'll forget one of them, so i'll name only the styles they belong to: black metal, death metal, thrash metal, rock, grunge, prog, classical, jazz, opera, gregorian chant, gothic, dark, grind metal...

i cant figure out if you were kidding as well....or if you thought i was serious. :confused: :p
...im wondering the same thing....

as for me, i listen to rush, fates warning, dream theater, OSI, blah blah blah. no one cares what i listen to.

however, i DO like early 90s "grunge rock" because i happened to be in high school at the time. any guy who is in their late 20s can relate - alice in chains, soundgarden , etc, will always rule...regardless of their musicianship.

Death/Hypocrisy/Emperor/Vader/Meshuggah/Mynjun/Pantera/Nile/Malevolent Creation/Sepultura (Max-Era)/White Zombie/Alice In Chains/King Crimson/Apocalyptica/Yes/Camel/Black Light Syndrome/Steve Vai/Tool/Anathema/Type O Negative/A Perfect Circle/My Dying Bride/ Katatonia/Venom/Cannibal Corpse/Joe Satriani/Black Label Society/At The Drive In/The Cure/Dream Theater/Jane's Addiction/Infectious Grooves/Fear Factory/Brujeria/Astor Piazzola/Björk/Fiona Apple/Deftones/Nine Inch Nails/Marilyn Manson/Paco De Lucia/Pink Floyd/Porcupine Tree/Dark Tranquillity/ Arch Enemy/Overkill/Testament/Machine Head/Vangelis/Frank Sinatra/Entombed/In Flames (old stuff)/Suffocation/Queen/Zykklon/Quo Vadis/Vintersorg/Amon Amarth/Lacrimas Profundere/At The Gates/Incantation/Unleashed/
and I hate Opeth :tickled:
Who cares...uh?

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-