Non Metal Music...

Some more mainstream artsy rock Tool, APC etc.

Also classic rock, Zeppelin, Floyd, Yes, Queen, Kansas...

I also enjoy listening to jazz, blues, and folk.

bangadrian said:
i think it's rather curious that people are listing black sabbath as a "non-metal" band... i guess i have a lot to learn about the worldbeat and trance influences on their music.

To me, Black Sab' has created the heavy-metal ! :headbang:

black sabbath are the godfathers, period.
i listen to classic rock (grateful dead, zeppelin, beatles, rush), some 90s grunge-type stuff (alice in chains, soundgarden, faith no more)...i used to listen to more light rock/adult contemporary (metallica) :Smug:

bangadrian said:
i think it's rather curious that people are listing black sabbath as a "non-metal" band... i guess i have a lot to learn about the worldbeat and trance influences on their music.

:yuk: Black Sabbath are old school heavy rock. :puke:

Compare Black Sabbath with Opeth (hey this IS the Opeth forum, isn't it?) – there's just no competition!

Opeth = fuckin' excellent!

Black Sabbath = fuckin' crap!

…and how can ANYONE respect a guy who SOLD his fucking SOUL to MTV? :OMG:
I'm a fully-paid-up member of the "Legalize Euthanasia So That We Can Fuckin' KILL Ozzy Campaign"

here are my fave musicians ever:

dj shadow,
aphex twin,
portishead,
placebo,
a perfect circle,
tool,
radiohead,
nick cave,
the doors,
led zeppelin,
massive attack,
death,
jeff buckley,
Tindersticks,
the cure,
joy division,
Tori Amos,
anathema,
beyoncé,
hooverphonic,
jazzanova,
pink floyd,
opeth,
sonic youth,
the mars volta,
Miles Davis,
Dredg,
george michael,
ella fitzgerald,
Leonard Cohen,
black sabbath,
AC/DC, camel,
Jimi Hendrix,
Fantomas,
Porcupine Tree,
King Crimson,
Mike Patton,
antimatter,
the tea party,
faith no more,
Nick Drake,
Skunk Anansie,
Emperor,
lou reed,
type o negative,
rem,
Frank Zappa,
chroma key,
kraftwerk,
gotan project,
aziza mustafa zadeh,
astor piazzolla,
mr.bungle,
godspeed you! black emperor,
robert fripp,
tony levin,
barry white,
kayo dot,
paz lenchantin,
unkle,
Kevin Moore,
creedence clearwater revival,
the deftones,
Duke Ellington,
ulver,
Arcturus,
johnny cash,
at the drive-in,
fun lovin' criminals

{**9**}*CaptainQuark* said:
:yuk: Black Sabbath are old school heavy rock. :puke:

Compare Black Sabbath with Opeth (hey this IS the Opeth forum, isn't it?) – there's just no competition!

…and how can ANYONE respect a guy who SOLD his fucking SOUL to MTV? :OMG:
I'm a fully-paid-up member of the "Legalize Euthanasia So That We Can Fuckin' KILL Ozzy Campaign"

I dont know what school of ignorance you attended, but black sabbath has always been and always will be a heavy metal band. Simply because they dont fit into your little box of what you think HeAvY MeDuL should sound like doesnt mean they arent...you could ask any other half intelligent metal fan this, and Opeth about as well, id guarantee theyd agree.

As for Ozzy, hes had 2 reality tv shows on MTV, and thats fine. I agree its not the most "metal" thing hes ever done, but as far as im concerned, hes paid his dues in full and hardly needs your approval to be considered valid these days...and having a couple tv shows at almost 60 years old doesnt detract from his past acomplishments and pioneering.

yeah, Sabbath are good old school of Heavy Metal, heavy riffs, distorsion, dark ambient... it almost started there, the guy who said Sabbath were Hard Rock is half wrong, it was in Hardrock *it* started with Steppen Wolf... anyway, by now Ozzy is a old idiotic crippled man who deserves to be served euthanasia upon.

Black Sabbath are old school heavy rock.

…and how can ANYONE respect a guy who SOLD his fucking SOUL to MTV?

We don't compare Opeth and Black sabbath, and even if the topic doesn't talk about Opeth, it's no reason to say insanities.

First, Black Sab' (especially first period, I agree) is THE Heavy-Metal.

Then, I hear what i like to hear and I don't care if the band which I hear is bought by TV. So, if one day Opeth is seen in MTV, do you hate them ?

You don't like Black Sab' ? ok, it's your right, but spare me these easy hasty remarks.

Ozzy has become a joke, people whatch the show to laugh at him.....its sad, oh so very sad