Non-Weebo Chill Bros Anime Thread

If you mean hunter x hunter then I stopped reading the manga. Why? If the characters have to explain what they're doing during a battle then there's definitely a problem with the drawnings.
Yeah, but the anime. I only ever read the manga if I liked the anime first.

I usually read mangas then I watch some animes. Inhave found that, in many cases, the art is far superior. I wonder how they "translated" a problem like that to the anime. I mean, do they spend half the chapter explaining the technique that they've just done ?

I usually read mangas then I watch some animes. Inhave found that, in many cases, the art is far superior. I wonder how they "translated" a problem like that to the anime. I mean, do they spend half the chapter explaining the technique that they've just done ?
Obviously can't speak for HxH, but MANY animes do that. Still, the worst offender is Yu-Gi-Oh.

Yu-Gu-Oh is a surprisingly decent anime, despite being based around a card game, but man........... it could have done with a lot less explaining.

But I mean, which anime doesn't do it at least a little? I'm pretty sure it's just as much part of them as the dramatic overreactions. Even the most famous anime, Death Note is all about over-explaining stuff. True, at least most of the time you did need an explanation, because it was convoluted as fuck. I had to watch it two times and talk with others to finally understand how Light managed to pass down the Death Note AND get it back without him knowing that he wants to get it back.

Well, it's a story about "thoughts" so I think it's only natural for them to explain things.

But, in a battle manga? That's a big no.

I must say that I also don't like mangas with lots of text. I think that goes against the main purpose of a comic.

Two questions.

Any suggestions for a new name?

If all the members of the board were an anime character, which one would they be?

Hmm. Well, "JesterSlaveSucks" is obviously taken :D how about "JesperIsAwesome" :cool: bound to aggravate Slave, Krofius and Ciko every time you post.

LOL, you confused me. I thought you meant changing your name, not the thread title.

"Non-Weebo Chill Bros Anime Thread" is cool though :cool: we ain't in it for the status, we just like the style.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm trying to watch anime but... I just can't. In fact I can't see shit. Children are sucking my energy.

I have a list of animes in queue but, to be sincere, I don't think that I will ever complete it.

Yeah I'm the same pretty much. At the moment I'm only watching the weekly uploads of Steins;Gate 0, which finishes Wednesday. I'm also playing through Persona 5 which is an anime-style game with a bunch of anime cut scenes. It's pretty damn good.

I saw b the beginning and children of the whales during the summer and only becausemy wife was on her vacation days, so I had some free nights. But it's hard.

That's one of the reasons to why i keep on buying manga. I love the art, but I can also read from time to time.

I don't have much manga. I bought the entire Love Hina series a while back, but it made it difficult to watch the anime afterwards as the art style is so much more detailed in the manga. You really notice the drop in quality when you switch to watching the anime.

I don't have much manga. I bought the entire Love Hina series a while back, but it made it difficult to watch the anime afterwards as the art style is so much more detailed in the manga. You really notice the drop in quality when you switch to watching the anime.
Indeed. I love that manga. Far better than author's next series.

I own:
Bleach
Air gear
Fullmetal alchemist
Love hina
Tenjo tenge
Dragon ball
Bastard
Berserk
Gintama
One punch man
Prison school and some others.

I want:
Ranma
Hellsing
Dr slump
Noragami
And saint seiya for my daughter.

I remember reading a couple Dragonball books when I was like 10 (in reverse of course since Japanese people are retarded and read backwards), but then I grew up.