North American tour with LOG, As I Lay Dying, ..

Is there anyone of you that went to the Montreal's show and have some pictures ? It would be nice to put some of them here... 'cause I can't find any :(

The MA New England Hardcore/Metal Fest show was odd, too packed the second night, too empty the first. With so many bands I don't think anyone had complete control over their sound. Winds of Plague had their bass way too high, to the point of hurting my stomach and forcing me out of the venue. Janne's keys went out and he looked pissed as shit and kept walking off the stage. Only K-man can answer what that was about. From walking around outside, it seemed like a giant mess of tech crews. Set changes were down to like 10-15 minutes, the schedule was tight. It was nuts.

So I got to go to the Heavy Hitters party, it was like a meet and greet for the LOG tour. In talking with one of the people who set up the party said that one of the band's labels never informed them that they had to go to this party. Another promo person whispered behind me that it was Bodom who was never told (not sure if this is true). Nevertheless Henkka showed up and I got to talk to him for a long while. I chatted a little with Doc from God Forbid and some As I Lay Dying and Lamb of God guys as well. Henkka was awesome as always. He really loves to find out about the people that he talks to as well as answering whatever question about COB you can come up with. My friend definitely told Henkka his fly was down. I'm not sure who turned redder, me or him.

Their set, minus the keyboard hiccups was great. The reception for COB was great. The reception they got the next night in Philly was much better. I got to go back stage for the Philly show, but only Roope was running around drinking. I have better hopes for the NY show. I want to actually see the whole show, COB, As I Lay Dying and Lamb without having to run around all over the place. I think Chris has picture, I have some video so I will post that when I have time.

dude, speaking of Henkka, I had the weirdest dream and he was in it. He was reincarnated into a puppy that I saw during an Upper Darby bar show with Septic Flesh. So I adopted the puppy and somehow ended up knowing it was him. Then I watched Pet Star and saw a bass playing puppy.

Oh and I'm not going to let him get away with that fly down incident. :tickled:

Oh man Nikki, I turned so red when Cindy did that. Its one thing to tell someone their fly is down. It is a totally different thing to actually touch their zipper and then say your fly is down.

Thanks Chb for the complement. I try to share what I've seen since I do get to see things differently.

Ok so Montreal's show was cool but that's it ! The overall sound was very average and their performance too. I've seen much better from them over the years. Let's just say it wasn't the best venue for that kind of show I think. AND there were so many people for the size of the venue it was packed ! For pictures and videos of this show.....does it belong here or in the PICS thread or both ? Thx.

Sorry for my ignorance xanina, but how do you get to go places some of us have never been? Do you work for some venues or are you just extremely lucky? Thanks again for sharing all your experiences, I really appreciate it. I would have died if my friend said "Your fly is down," to Henkka!

I saw them at the Montreal date. Pretty damn good set. A couple slip ups but hey, such is life. Haha. Had an amazing time. Sadly the only camera I have is quite expensive so I don't have any pictures from them playing. I got backstage for Lamb Of God's set somehow and got to hang out in the dressing rooms with the bands afterwards which was AWESOME. Got a couple pictures with Alexi and Roope.

l_2e396a0ca68a47bd878dbf8f08004a49.jpg

I was quite drunk and stupid happy so I look like an idiot.
l_3e66beb15f9a47879e6eed37345ac6b6.jpg

l_b894a21e13b6433ab694a45d671fe07a.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance xanina, but how do you get to go places some of us have never been? Do you work for some venues or are you just extremely lucky? Thanks again for sharing all your experiences, I really appreciate it. I would have died if my friend said "Your fly is down," to Henkka!

I'm a radio DJ for basically the only metal station that serves the entire NYC area and half of NJ even if it is college radio. I went to the New England Hardcore and Metal Fest with our music director so I got to meet tons of industry people. Nikki and I have a mutual friend who tends to get into everything as well. This girl actually got the band an ice cream cake to celebrate Alexi and Janne's birthday. I used to wish I could meet bands and then I made it happen. Anyone can do it, just go for it.

I'm a radio DJ for basically the only metal station that serves the entire NYC area and half of NJ even if it is college radio. I went to the New England Hardcore and Metal Fest with our music director so I got to meet tons of industry people. Nikki and I have a mutual friend who tends to get into everything as well. This girl actually got the band an ice cream cake to celebrate Alexi and Janne's birthday. I used to wish I could meet bands and then I made it happen. Anyone can do it, just go for it.

Wow! That sounds like so much fun, I wish I could do stuff like that. I only dream about that stuff. I've met Henkka, Alexi, and Roope before but never actually had the time to talk to them. Next time for sure! And hopefully I'll get to meet Jaska and Janne as well.

Nice pics Luka ! What bout you? How did you get to go backstage....lucky girl u ! :Smokin:

Good question. I'm still not 100% sure myself. I went out for a smoke between Bodom and LoG and when I came back my friend Ramsey was in the VIP area and she got me back there as well. I guess someone, fucked if I know who, but someone brought her backstage and said she could bring someone with her but no guys. I then made it my mission to meet Bodom in their entirety, Janne I only had a chance to say he was awesome at what he does. Talked to Roope for at least an hour. And tired my best to meet LoG but only managed to find three of them. Haha. Drank their beer. Was awesome.

I saw them at the Montreal date. Pretty damn good set. A couple slip ups but hey, such is life. Haha. Had an amazing time. Sadly the only camera I have is quite expensive so I don't have any pictures from them playing. I got backstage for Lamb Of God's set somehow and got to hang out in the dressing rooms with the bands afterwards which was AWESOME. Got a couple pictures with Alexi and Roope.

l_2e396a0ca68a47bd878dbf8f08004a49.jpg

I was quite drunk and stupid happy so I look like an idiot.
l_3e66beb15f9a47879e6eed37345ac6b6.jpg

l_b894a21e13b6433ab694a45d671fe07a.jpg

haha, that's awesome. I'd love to have a drunken conversation with Roope. he seems so chill and the things he says are just hilarious sometimes.