North American tour with LOG, As I Lay Dying, ..

Roope is a very chill dude and does say funny shit, but as a girl just be careful when he is really drunk. I think he realizes he is too old for most of the girls he meets, but he has definitely scared me already. Roope was trying to flirt with me last time in NYC. He grabbed me and for a moment I didn't think he was going to let go. Perhaps its because I've been traumatized by guys before and that is just my initial response, but Henkka gave me a hug afterwards cause I must have looked scared. I'm not saying Roope is a bad guy or anything like that, but he might not be aware of what he does sometimes. No matter what I will always like him.

@constantlyhigh: Don't dream it, do it. Next time they come to Michigan meet them and talk to them. Even if it is only for five minutes. You will feel so great.

@luka: The pics are awesome and its definitely awesome getting to go back stage or even just sit on the actual side of the stage. It is a thrill.

I agree with xanina, it can't be so hard to meet them. They're known for always meeting their fans, right? I did get to talk to henkka once, only for like two minutes- but it's like xanina said, I felt great afterwards- it's not every day you get to talk to one of the guys from your favorite band from the other side of the planet.

Luka: I really like your hair. o_o
Most people, when they dye their hair blue, it's like a light shade of blue- which looks weird. But you went with a dark blue it looks like. /high five
Nice pictures, too, and nice story. That'd be intense to just go hang out in a dressing room.

Roope is a very chill dude and does say funny shit, but as a girl just be careful when he is really drunk. I think he realizes he is too old for most of the girls he meets, but he has definitely scared me already. Roope was trying to flirt with me last time in NYC. He grabbed me and for a moment I didn't think he was going to let go. Perhaps its because I've been traumatized by guys before and that is just my initial response, but Henkka gave me a hug afterwards cause I must have looked scared. I'm not saying Roope is a bad guy or anything like that, but he might not be aware of what he does sometimes. No matter what I will always like him.
honestly, a lot of guys are like that when they are drunk. just not aware of their actions, cuz they're so controlled by their sex drive. they don't mean any harm by it, but yeah, it happens.
That'd be intense to just go hang out in a dressing room.

haha seriously. I wouldn't even know what to do in a dressing room with them...I mean, wtf do you say when they are technically strangers...except praise them for their music, which I'm sure they get sick of hearing.

Well yeah, you tell them about their music is great, you can open with that. They may get sick of it sometimes, but they do love hearing it. It is after all what their entire life is about. But you must also remember they are just people at the end of the day that want to talk about other things. Talk to them about what they like, like Henkka loves soccer and a conversation will progress from there. You will have awkward moments, but that's to be expected with any new person you meet. Don't be afraid, they like to talk about other things than just music. I spent a good deal of my conversation with Henkka the other day talking about how much I missed my autisitic kids (I'm a pre-k autistic teacher and it was Easter break) and he wanted to know about them. Henkka is really interested in hearing about your life as much as you want to talk about his. Just act normal and don't be overwhelming. Don't go overboard with pictures, just treat them like you would other people. They are, after all, just people so treat them like so and everything should go well. Relax and remember this and it will go smoothly.

Well yeah, you tell them about their music is great, you can open with that. They may get sick of it sometimes, but they do love hearing it. It is after all what their entire life is about. But you must also remember they are just people at the end of the day that want to talk about other things. Talk to them about what they like, like Henkka loves soccer and a conversation will progress from there. You will have awkward moments, but that's to be expected with any new person you meet. Don't be afraid, they like to talk about other things than just music. I spent a good deal of my conversation with Henkka the other day talking about how much I missed my autisitic kids (I'm a pre-k autistic teacher and it was Easter break) and he wanted to know about them. Henkka is really interested in hearing about your life as much as you want to talk about his. Just act normal and don't be overwhelming. Don't go overboard with pictures, just treat them like you would other people. They are, after all, just people so treat them like so and everything should go well. Relax and remember this and it will go smoothly.

Thanks for the advices you're totally right =) But everytime I met them, it was outside and in winter so it's not very easy.. I think they just wanted to go in their hotel lol

That's very good advise,but I could never do that.I couldn't walk up to any band member and start talking to them.

cherrie, I suffer from crippling anxiety and panic attacks, especially social anxiety. The first time I actually talked with them, I had to get a drink before hand because I was so nervous. But then it didn't seem so bad, they are just normal people. I seriously used to believe that I couldn't do anything like that. I couldn't go away to college cause I was too nervous to get out of my house/comfort zone. Trust me, anyone can walk up to someone famous. Sometimes people just need a push...

Thanks a lot to K-Man for his twitter blogs and this latest tour update:

Saturday, April 25, 2009

So things have been going very good out here, most everyone is getting along. There is a little drama with one sound tech that will remain unnamed but that is minimal. Have had a couple tough venues as far as load in and cramming all the shit on stage, but it is to be expected. Most every night Cory the drummer for God Forbid comes to hang with us and it turns into a whiskey fest between him and Alexi. Good times and funny ass shit to watch.

A couple nights ago Randy from LOG rode with us overnight to the next show. He had made a survival pouch for Chiddy by hand out of some animal hide and put some natural fire starting stuff in it which he gave a demonstration on how to use while we were driving, and got all the guys at the front of the bus thinking the bus was on fire. At that same second our driver ran over a dead animal and pulled the bus over to check shit out and we all thought he did it cause of the fire thing. So we were just sitting in the back like little kids thinking he was gonna come bitch us out, but it never came :)

Today we are at the Concrete St. Amphitheater, Corpus Christi TX. It's to hot and humid and we have shit for back stage so it looks like our bus is the dressing room today, it happens from time to time. That's the way shit goes, just lucky we have a nice bus with a slide out so there is enough room to hang out.

OK I'm gonna roll, remember you can check my stupid ass mini blog on Twitter. I write everyday at least once

Xanina, thanks so much for the advice, it's really nice of you. I really appreciate it and you've made me summon up the courage to talk to them next time they play a show in MI. I was going to say that I would have no idea what to say to them other than just praise them for their incredible music skills but you've already answered them in your last couple posts. I will definitely talk to them next time!

Looks like the Indianapolis date has been cancelled? I don't see the tickets available anymore (except for parking har har). Please confirm. I'm a Fin living here and would buy a beer to Alexi if he drops by.

man thats really gotta fucking suck, that guy has the worst luck with injuries. I can't imagine playing guitar with a broken arm, especially how low he does it, he's gotta have some fucking intense painkillers for that and even then thats still really bad and coming off those is going to eat dick (it also doesn't help that playing on painkillers is probably insanely fucking hard too).

Does the busdriver drive like a fucking loon or what's happening?! First Jaska, now Allu :( wouldn't blame rolling out of a bunk bed on a moving bus necessarily automatically on alcohol either but..

At least he can still play anyway,poor him though :(..they should really consider reinforcing those bed bunks with bars along the sides or something..