Novembers Doom and Agalloch!

Novembers Paul - I'd love to take a ND, Agalloch and Saturnus tour stateside! I'd want to add Woods of Ypres in that mix as well.
Hey Paul, we're in for sure! The recording of our new album will be complete by the end of this year and probably released in January. Basically, we'll be in a good position to play lots of shows in 2007!!!

Let's get serious about this!!! What's the next step? :heh:

How about doing shows with the GATES OF SLUMBER?
I saw these guys at the ALEHORN OF POWER FEST this year and they were doom-tastic! Total Saint Vitus worship....

We played with Gates of Slumber in New York last year along with Reverend Bizarre. I think that GoS' bassist was a Voivod fan so that was cool. They didn't seem overly impressed with us from what I could tell, we might not be their particular cup of tea, so to speak. We definitely stood out on that bill being way more death metal oriented than either of those bands.

I definitely think we fit much nicer on a bill with Woods of Ypres or Agalloch, etc.

Not sure what you mean by circle of true doom...
They are very Sabbath / Saint Vitus influenced.
I have not heard them on disc yet, but liked them live.

BloodSword said:
2 of my favorite bands(which I'll miss) playing at the same gig!! Anyway, I was reading a review with J.Haugm (forget where) but, Haugm was saying how much he liked Novembers Doom's music and that they were all friends. I just thought that was a cool statement. Is this tour coming stateside maybe? Also wanted to wish the best to Novembers Doom on this tour and of course, on down the line. Thanx. :kickass:
East Coast tour PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE

:kickass: :kickass:

Jasonic said:
Not sure what you mean by circle of true doom...
They are very Sabbath / Saint Vitus influenced.
I have not heard them on disc yet, but liked them live.

really? they are the very judgemental Cult fanatic doom leigon of underground Sabbath worship, who believe that anything called "doom" aside from Sabbath style stuff in not "True" Doom. we were bashed. threatened and hated for months because we play "slowed down deathmetal" and not "doom" but call ourselves Neo-classical Death/Doom.
I don't know. but I will stop now, before a flame war starts. :puke:

I wasn't really hating on any bands in particular, I actually dig most of those bands. Just made the origional comment assuming, they may have had an idea where I was coming from.

at this point, Genre descriptions are so vague nowadays, it's very easy to get miunderstood and so forth. so we have been trying to keep that stuff to a minimum.

Paul Kuhr is now one of my favorite vocalists. Paul easily stands right there with Mikael Akerfeldt and Dan Swano. Over the yrs of listening to metal (and of course paying attention to the music) Paul has continued to improve with each release.

BloodSword said:
Paul Kuhr is now one of my favorite vocalists. Paul easily stands right there with Mikael Akerfeldt and Dan Swano. Over the yrs of listening to metal (and of course paying attention to the music) Paul has continued to improve with each release.

Agreed, though credit must be given to the musicianship as well.
(Not bad for a band with a power metal fan for a guitarist, eh?)

Oftentimes, it's not the band members themselves who tend to be so narrow minded and judgemental, but the fans, as is the case in which Dan speaks of with the doom "purists" or whatever they are. Usually most musicians worth their salt have diverse influences and can understand the need to grow and change over time. We've been attacked fairly regularly over the years for a multitude of reasons.....being too doomy, not doomy enough, being too death metal, not death metal enough, lyrics are too personal or wimpy, we're a "clone" of MDB, Opeth, Anathema, Paradise Lost or any other dark moody melodic death/doom type band you can think of, etc etc etc. Ultimately, what these people think doesn't really matter. People want to take certain genres of music and make it into little pacts or gangs or exclusive clubs, that's their business. I've had no interest in being a part of that for many years now. Our music may still generally be rooted in death metal and doom metal, and that's fine, but people worrying about whether or not we're true or pure enough to fit into their definition of what's correct is of no consequence to me. To sum up, if you don't like my music, that's cool and fine and dandy, just move on to something better and shut the fuck up about it.

Anyhow.....as for the east coast, I'd love to go and tour the east coast again, we've always done very well there and the fans are awesome. Bands like Agalloch and Woods of Ypres also have alot of fans there too. So who knows, maybe something can come together in the future, we'll let you know once we cross the bridge so to speak.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
(...)People want to take certain genres of music and make it into little pacts or gangs or exclusive clubs, that's their business. I've had no interest in being a part of that for many years now.(...)
Loving it! Thanks for phrasing that so well; now I can simply quote it and say "second that!"
Good going, man.

dan of bereavement said:
ohh I wasn't offended at all, I was just kidding. lol I have a fat gut, so I think i fit in there somewhere. and for the crock guy, I'm sorry about that, didn't think it would get people upset. sorry again.

Dan,Dan,Dan,I guess we misunderstood eachother,I'm also sorry... Still friends? :)

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Oftentimes, it's not the band members themselves who tend to be so narrow minded and judgemental, but the fans, as is the case in which Dan speaks of with the doom "purists" or whatever they are. Usually most musicians worth their salt have diverse influences and can understand the need to grow and change over time. We've been attacked fairly regularly over the years for a multitude of reasons.....being too doomy, not doomy enough, being too death metal, not death metal enough, lyrics are too personal or wimpy, we're a "clone" of MDB, Opeth, Anathema, Paradise Lost or any other dark moody melodic death/doom type band you can think of, etc etc etc. Ultimately, what these people think doesn't really matter. People want to take certain genres of music and make it into little pacts or gangs or exclusive clubs, that's their business. I've had no interest in being a part of that for many years now. Our music may still generally be rooted in death metal and doom metal, and that's fine, but people worrying about whether or not we're true or pure enough to fit into their definition of what's correct is of no consequence to me. To sum up, if you don't like my music, that's cool and fine and dandy, just move on to something better and shut the fuck up about it.

Anyhow.....as for the east coast, I'd love to go and tour the east coast again, we've always done very well there and the fans are awesome. Bands like Agalloch and Woods of Ypres also have alot of fans there too. So who knows, maybe something can come together in the future, we'll let you know once we cross the bridge so to speak.

Cool man, We just played the SOLD OUT Katatonia show. We are in pretty good with the owner. This club is freaking awesome, If we set something up here, there would be an awesome draw, let me know when you are ready. We could also possibly set stuff up for RI, Boston and Connetticunt