NOVEMBERS DOOM parts with drummer

These recent events we've had to endure have been tough, but they haven't deterred us nor slowed down our pace any in terms of preparing for the next album.
I have to commend you guys. This band seems to face nothing but one obstacle after another, yet continues to create fantastic music in spite of it.

Thanks for all the great music.:kickass:

Zod

Bummer.. but really happy to see such a good replacement and so quick! (good) Drummers aren't always the easiest to find..

really excited to hear the new material.. last two have been so strong.

speaking of drummers, what ever happened to Abbas? I don't know him well, but I have friends that do and his brother. used to chat with him a lot about 11-12 years ago on IRC, haha.. wow, that's a long time. Always dug his band Ember.. is he completely out of music now?

speaking of drummers, what ever happened to Abbas? I don't know him well, but I have friends that do and his brother. used to chat with him a lot about 11-12 years ago on IRC, haha.. wow, that's a long time. Always dug his band Ember.. is he completely out of music now?

No clue.
This used CD store by my house had an EMBER CD for many years.
Hell, it might even still be there.

I recall it had NAKED RAYGUN and MISFITS covers on it!

I should pick it up someday.

No clue.
This used CD store by my house had an EMBER CD for many years.
Hell, it might even still be there.

I recall it had NAKED RAYGUN and MISFITS covers on it!

I should pick it up someday.

Yeah, that's the concessions comp with pretty much all their recorded material. Great mix of thrash, blackmetal, hardcore punk, whatever styles, and genuinely raging pissed off music...

We don't have any plans to use blast beats at this point but who the hell knows?? Just because Sasha can play them doesn't mean they'll be incorporated into ND's music. I can play fast guitar solo shredder stuff too but it's not present in ND's music either. Put it this way....if there's ever a blast beat or anything of that sort in an ND song, it'll be because it makes sense for the song and belongs there. So, unless or until that song gets written, there's really no way for me to definitively answer that question is there?

Yeah we did allow this thread to go too far off course.....enough with the power metal and hat comments. Besides someone is gonna get offended at this rate.

I haven't really commented about the Joe situation yet, I'll keep it brief for now....

Joe was and is one of my best friends, for nearly 18 years now, and it really sucks that he's not gonna be around and a part of the band with me anymore. I appreciate everything he's ever done for this band and for me in particular, and I hope he finds good things ahead of him in the near future. Someday he and I might work together on another musical project of some sort, you never know.

Please no blast beats with ND!!

^

Blastbeats are very overrated. I do like some faster drummers/drummers that blast, but do not like majority of drummers that blast. I think it can be annoying and am more into different drum beats/patterns/fills/cymbal work.

I just don't like the idea of anyone trying to limit us on what we do. Right now the new cd is almost totally written, and there's not a blast beat in sight, lol. But the point is, if we write something that warrants doing it, then we're gonna do it, detractors be damned. It's disheartening when composing music with the guys in the band and we write something that we all feel is really cool, but then have to say, "Nope, we should ditch this, because you know that a bunch of the fans are gonna be upset if we play too fast" or whatever. I remember all too clearly (because there's still people crying about it to this day) the people who pleaded or whined about we shouldn't play faster beats, or we shouldn't drop the female vocals, etc. etc......... ultimately, we'll do what's right for the song at the time and that's that really.

YOu guys ever see SOME KIND OF MONSTER?
I felt so bad for Kirk.
He had some killer solos written for some songs (Which I am sure would have saved some of the tracks on St Disaster)

Lars says something like, "Oh, that's what people will expect, and everyone's doing it now, etc, etc"

As you said, the material should be comfortable to the band writing, recording, and playing it.

you actually saw that horrible movie? I couldnt stand more than 10 minutes of it. Made me sick, whiny morons going to a freaking shrink. grow up whiny bitches. They kinda grew up with the latest album I guess, pretty decent

Yeah, a friend bought it for me for my b-day when it came out.

It's like a car crash that you can't keep your eyes away from.

The movie proves one thing.
They NEVER should have released ST ANGER.

Once they hired Rob, they should have scrapped the songs and started over. Metallica has proven they can take a 4 or 5 year break, and still have die-hards waiting for them. They should have taken another year off to write a whole new album.

Yeah, a friend bought it for me for my b-day when it came out.

It's like a car crash that you can't keep your eyes away from.

The movie proves one thing.
They NEVER should have released ST ANGER.

Once they hired Rob, they should have scrapped the songs and started over. Metallica has proven they can take a 4 or 5 year break, and still have die-hards waiting for them. They should have taken another year off to write a whole new album.

true words.

One thing not true: A car crash is fun to watch, that video isnt. I would compare it more to an extremely ugly woman (moustache and all) you cant stop watching even if you want to