Now listening

Darkwater - Calling The Earth To Witness

I just happened to stumble upon these guys while surfing the web one day and since ordering their cd have been spinning it pretty much non-stop so far.

I don't know if I have ever tried harder to get into a disc? S&A, the concert was amazing as always and Alex was great, but where are the guitar solos and killer middle sections on the disc?......................:mad: !@#$ and you all know they are pretty much my fav band all time?

I am digging D.J Bobo's Vampires :oops:

The latest Rush has hardly ever left my stereo this year. Album of the year by a landslide. I don't dig Townsend at all.

Yes i must admit i think rush have seen better days:cry:

You're all so sorely mistaken. :Smug:

But seriously, have Rush ever been the band to listen to when you're into whacky middle sections? Not since at least twenty years, I'd say. Have they ever been about lengthy guitar solos? And even if one's into that stuff big-time, their newest album still contains the best instrumentals they've conceived since "YYZ".
Besides that, the album's just overflowing with great drumming, bass playing, all-around quality song crafting and guitar playing. Alex Lifeson himself feels S&A is the best Rush record in a long time and I tend to agree with him. For once, he's the "most valuable player" of the record because it really shows his versatility - there's basic folk rock, dirty, sweaty blues, classic Lifeson elusive melodies... seriously, there's hardly any note on the album I don't like. To me, it's their best effort since "Hold Your Fire", though I probably dig "Vapor Trails" even more because of what it conveys.

You're all so sorely mistaken. :Smug:

But seriously, have Rush ever been the band to listen to when you're into whacky middle sections? Not since at least twenty years, I'd say. Have they ever been about lengthy guitar solos? And even if one's into that stuff big-time, their newest album still contains the best instrumentals they've conceived since "YYZ".
Besides that, the album's just overflowing with great drumming, bass playing, all-around quality song crafting and guitar playing. Alex Lifeson himself feels S&A is the best Rush record in a long time and I tend to agree with him. For once, he's the "most valuable player" of the record because it really shows his versatility - there's basic folk rock, dirty, sweaty blues, classic Lifeson elusive melodies... seriously, there's hardly any note on the album I don't like. To me, it's their best effort since "Hold Your Fire", though I probably dig "Vapor Trails" even more because of what it conveys.

I just think the songs aren't as memorable as they used to be, no one will ever question there musicianship, that is as always top notch. I just think it might be time to leave while everybody still respects them hugely, i don't want them to lose face!!!

Lemur voice(divided):worship:

Last I checked, they were doing incredibly well and everybody had nothing but the utmost respect for the guys. I don't feel they're losing repute or anything... and I quite frankly don't give a damn about those Rush "fans" that still think "Hemispheres" and "Caress Of Steel" are their best albums. (No offense meant if you're one of those. ;))

I think it is just preferance :) I am happy that you love S&A so much and man they are not losing anything! RUSH continues to get batter with age. They sounded amazing and played a killer set that only a true fan would love.

I am really trying to get more into it, I am not into them playing the blues however, maybe thats just me? I know my buddy Paul C loves it as well we talked about this, over the weekend again.

I really think it is nect to impossible to say which album is best if you are a TRUE BLUE fan :headbang:

I am also amused at the people who take shots at Dream Theater? no matter what they put out you get the BS? high expections for bands like RUSH and DT are to be expected I guess always. When you are at the top of the top there are always lofty expectations, it is just preferance in the end. Which style one prefers.

Seriously on these bands worst day they still rule over all :headbang:

Last I checked, they were doing incredibly well and everybody had nothing but the utmost respect for the guys. I don't feel they're losing repute or anything... and I quite frankly don't give a damn about those Rush "fans" that still think "Hemispheres" and "Caress Of Steel" are their best albums. (No offense meant if you're one of those. ;))

The new Riverside is a difficult album. I had a hard time getting into the shorter songs on there (such as "Rainbow Box"), mostly because there's a tad too much Porcupine Tree influence in there for my liking. I think the album will grow on me though, being really innovative and adventurous.

I really liked the new Riverside album. Different feel to it in some parts and they work well. Even though I prefer the previous ones to it, it's still an excellent release in my eyes.