Now reading

Esteban

Thinking is overrated
Dec 28, 2002
Costa Rica
Visit site
I'm finishing the second book of the Shannara series, way better than the first one which was a lame copy of LOTR.

When I finish that trilogy I'll start with the Avatar trilogy of Forgotten Realms, and then I'll read the first three books of A Song of Ice and Fire by George Martin.

What about you?

Esteban said:
I'm finishing the second book of the Shannara series, way better than the first one which was a lame copy of LOTR.

When I finish that trilogy I'll start with the Avatar trilogy of Forgotten Realms, and then I'll read the first three books of A Song of Ice and Fire by George Martin.

What about you?

The saga of the exiles trilogy by Julian May - The Many coloured land, The Golden Torc, and the Non-born King.......tremendous stuff.

BigBronco4x4 said:
I'm reading Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan

I would shift the order and move "A Song of Ice and Fire" up to the next series you read.. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

I might, I've heard so many great things about that series...

Esteban said:

What about you?

There are another 9 books in the Shannara series after the first trilogy, with 2 more to come so don't move to another series yet :p

I'm currently reading LotR for the fourth time :)

I started a book called The Dragon Queen by Alice Borchardt, who is Anne Rice's sister. It's really good, I haven't read any of it for a while, but it's super spiffly and about Arthurian legend which I love.

I also read a reaaaaaaally long magazine article online last night. Made my eyes all wonky :eek:

Reactions: Nightwing
Im reading "Demons" by Dostoyevsky... before that I read "Demian" from Herman Hesse and before that I read "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix".

Lamia The Great said:
I started a book called The Dragon Queen by Alice Borchardt, who is Anne Rice's sister. It's really good, I haven't read any of it for a while, but it's super spiffly and about Arthurian legend which I love.

I also read a reaaaaaaally long magazine article online last night. Made my eyes all wonky !:eek:

i like Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat is a great book.

just finished "Dragon" by Steven Brust. one of the Vlad Taltos novels. great fantasy o_O
Im reading "Demons" by Dostoyevsky... before that I read "Demian" from Herman Hesse and before that I read "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix".
have not read "Demons" by Dostoyevsky but think I will go to the library and pick it up. if you have not read "The Gulag Archipelago" by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn or "Musashi" by Eiji Yoshikawa please do so. I think Musashi is one of the best books I have ever read.

some series fantasy authors to check out
David Eddings
Christopher Rowley
R.A. Salvatore
Michael Moorecock

I read Neuromancer by William Gibson, than I will read Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. Before that I read Dean Koontz' One Door Away From Heaven, which was not one of his best books, I would say. And after Snow Crash I will read a non-fiction book called Out of Controll by Kevin Kelly. It's about technologies, beiogenetics and other things; very impressive.

dragonfu said:
have not read "Demons" by Dostoyevsky but think I will go to the library and pick it up. if you have not read "The Gulag Archipelago" by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn or "Musashi" by Eiji Yoshikawa please do so. I think Musashi is one of the best books I have ever read.

i think its just I got a new translation of the book, it had been previously translated as "THe Possessed", so maybe you should look for it under that name.
And thanks for the suggestions, will do :)

as for Mein Kampf i started reading it once but after a couple of chapters of the stupid ravings and rantings i just lost interest.

Shogun by James Clavell, I read it when I was 16 and liked it a lot, I saw it in a bookstore today and picked it up :)