NU-Metal

Thasis said:
I like some metalcore. I don't realy know what classifies them as metalcore, mainly cause I don't care what a band's genre is, as long as they sound good to my ears.

That's cool but, no offense, you must not listen to much in the ways of metal. If you did then you would require the use of such labels to keep yourself oriented amongst hundreds maybe even thousands of bands.

but I would described Metalcore (in a very general sense) as follows:

-Hardcorish vocals (raspy yelling) with occasional clean vocals for the chorus
-Overuse of breakdowns (ie. 1+ per song)
-Strong Gothenburg influence in riffing and drumwork.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
If Gandhi started a band, he'd kick your ass!

Ummm... no he wouldn't. He'd just tell me that he thought what my ass was doing was wrong, and then sit non violently in land that my ass owned to make a point. Then my ass would sit on him and he'd break into little pieces because he's FUCKING DEAD.

All respect to ghandi but seriously... no he wouldn't.

Everybody who thinks Ghandi > Sinister Mephisto please raise your hand

Sinister Mephisto said:
Ummm... no he wouldn't. He'd just tell me that he thought what my ass was doing was wrong, and then sit non violently in land that my ass owned to make a point. Then my ass would sit on him and he'd break into little pieces because he's FUCKING DEAD.

All respect to ghandi but seriously... no he wouldn't.
It's a joke, I don't really think he would, and if he did, I'd tell him to quit making music because what he was doing was so much more important
~Neurotica said:
well then I'm a wee little worm baby...

My tastes do not and should not affect your's. Now, I said that I liked it when i was learning my tastes -- and that's all.
I think you should like what you like and not let everybody here affect your tastes.
However, everyone and I do mean everyone will disrespect your tastes

ender7227 said:
My tastes do not and should not affect your's. Now, I said that I liked it when i was learning my tastes -- and that's all.
I think you should like what you like and not let everybody here affect your tastes.
However, everyone and I do mean everyone will disrespect your tastes

yes, Im totally agree... And I dont think that somebody could effect my tastes... Only into a good side I guess... =)

J Mann said:
That's cool but, no offense, you must not listen to much in the ways of metal. If you did then you would require the use of such labels to keep yourself oriented amongst hundreds maybe even thousands of bands.

but I would described Metalcore (in a very general sense) as follows:

-Hardcorish vocals (raspy yelling) with occasional clean vocals for the chorus
-Overuse of breakdowns (ie. 1+ per song)
-Strong Gothenburg influence in riffing and drumwork.

Actualy I listen to quite a bit of Metal. I'm just diverse in my music. I don't hate much music.

For example I listen to Dark Funeral, Darkthrone, Ozzy (newer stuff mainly, not realy metalish but worth the mention), Arch Enemy, Arcturus, Bleeding Through, Burn the Priest (and Lamb of God), Slayer, Children of Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Dimmu Borgir, etc. That was a VERY small list. If I typed off the list it'd take an hour. I did it once... but anywayz, off the point. The point I listen to ALOT of music and have VARIOUS metal-tastes.

all nu is basicly mainstream rock thats is being called metal...system of a down(once hardcore early before went big)is a easy band to call nu metal.
Nu metal bands use gimmicks alot and tend to use lyrics that are boring and useless. Slipknot arnt nu metal(w/e they are u can tell me) but bands lik mudvayne are korn are nu metal and disturbed are also

Thasis said:
Actualy I listen to quite a bit of Metal. I'm just diverse in my music. I don't hate much music.

For example I listen to Dark Funeral, Darkthrone, Ozzy (newer stuff mainly, not realy metalish but worth the mention), Arch Enemy, Arcturus, Bleeding Through, Burn the Priest (and Lamb of God), Slayer, Children of Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Dimmu Borgir, etc. That was a VERY small list. If I typed off the list it'd take an hour. I did it once... but anywayz, off the point. The point I listen to ALOT of music and have VARIOUS metal-tastes.

Ah I see. Then let me ask you how do you keep track of a certain group of bands' sound? Surely you must have some knowledge of labels and use of them if what you say is true.

newBLACKways said:
all nu is basicly mainstream rock thats is being called metal...system of a down(once hardcore early before went big)is a easy band to call nu metal.
Nu metal bands use gimmicks alot and tend to use lyrics that are boring and useless. Slipknot arnt nu metal(w/e they are u can tell me) but bands lik mudvayne are korn are nu metal and disturbed are also

If Disturbed and Mudvayne are NU metal Slipknot is uber NU metal.

J Mann said:
Ah I see. Then let me ask you how do you keep track of a certain group of bands' sound? Surely you must have some knowledge of labels and use of them if what you say is true.

I have all of my bands labelled by musical genre. And I'm not extremly familiar with the labels, more on the bands themselves.

Thasis said:
emocore is kinnda around. Atreyu could be considered Emocore mainly based of it's lyrical content.

"emocore" is used to describe the first period of emo's history, that being 80s hardcore punk bands such as rites of spring, embrace etc. it doesnt just mean "whiny metalcore" and certainly sounds nothing like that

Well Mudvayne is kinda nu metal...
but if Slipknot is not... what is it then?...