NU-Metal

Spectacular Views said:
"emocore" is used to describe the first period of emo's history, that being 80s hardcore punk bands such as rites of spring, embrace etc. it doesnt just mean "whiny metalcore" and certainly sounds nothing like that

this is correct, cause I was a huge Dischord records fanatic a few years ago.

Banned said:
Everybody who thinks Ghandi > Sinister Mephisto please raise your hand
<raises hand>

And for a slightly objective definition of nu-metal:
Choppy, syncopated, downtuned guitars
Simple song structures
Electronica and hip-hop influences
Vocal melodies
Raspy, full-throated half-screams

Zephyrus said:
hip-hop gives itself a bad rep, and it deserves it too.

hey besides all that crap on tv and about 99% of other rappers there are a tiny, and i mean very small group of underground Lyrical rappers out there that can actually write and have a good structure in songs that have real meaning rather then i wanna fuck a hoe while selling cane in my iced out car.

those i can respect, and also i listen to a few Nu-metal groups i guess, im not sure if they are labled Nu-metal but some i listen to are Sevendust (Older stuff) a few disturbed, and maybe a few others.

im still in the prossess of pulling myself out of that fully as i have found real music in the past few weeks on this board :worship:

a few years ago i was brainwashed by all things Popular, but slowly i realized most is crap and that there are tons of things much better, but damn did i have to get read of alot of cd's :Smokin:

Young Unknown said:
hey besides all that crap on tv and about 99% of other rappers there are a tiny, and i mean very small group of underground Lyrical rappers out there that can actually write and have a good structure in songs that have real meaning rather then i wanna fuck a hoe while selling cane in my iced out car.

You mean hip hop/rap about politics? That's about as interesting as metal about politics.

Young Unknown said:

those i can respect, and also i listen to a few Nu-metal groups i guess, im not sure if they are labled Nu-metal but some i listen to are Sevendust (Older stuff) a few disturbed, and maybe a few others.

im still in the prossess of pulling myself out of that fully as i have found real music in the past few weeks on this board :worship:

a few years ago i was brainwashed by all things Popular, but slowly i realized most is crap and that there are tons of things much better, but damn did i have to get read of alot of cd's :Smokin:

Old School rap is the shit, and underground has some great rappers as well. The shit you see on tv or hear on the radio is garbage. I bounce in a club and I have to listen to it all night, cant stand the shit.

Very simple power chord riffs that are based more on rhythm than melody.
Plenty of electronic effects and even "scratching" in some cases.
Lots of samples.
Verses often have no riffs, just bass, drums, and sound effects.
Vocals are often almost rap-ish.

MetalHeadMarc said:
I love the fact that Nu-metal is dead. No their is the whole metalcore thing, but fuck, I'll take that any day over Korn or limp biscuit.
Yeah, the trend died years ago but i suppose most in this forum missed this fact and keep whining about evil linkin park ruining the reputation of metal, and those who did have kindly changed to metalcore/emo bashing.
But i don't see the problem with hard agressive music being popular. it can be a good introduction to interesting and well-played metal. if you don't like it, don't listen to it. so do i.
rock has been exploited by the music-industries since the 70s and i think that's enough time getting used to the fact that good bands usually aren't successful.

Until every retarded moron calling himself metalhead listening to mallcore rubbish goes away, I'll keep complaining.

I have a question... What's the difference between Mallcore and Metalcore exactly? I don't think I ever picked up on the differences.

Thraxz said:
Until every retarded moron calling himself metalhead listening to mallcore rubbish goes away, I'll keep complaining.

even if the trend will go to real metal, i don't think will stop people will stop complaining, because their underground bands will be torn to the surface and so might loose their appeal.
I bet when it is up to tr00 norwegian blackmetal in two or three years, evereyone will scream "sellout" and call the guys who put cream cheese on their faces to look grim trendwhores.

Killbot said:
I always thought mallcore is more nu-metal and metalcore is well, metalcore.
Exactly. Mallcore (aka nu metal) is basically guitar based hip hop such as Slipknot, Korn, POD, etc., and metalcore is a hardcore/metal hybrid (stuff like Hatebreed, Martyr AD, Between the Buried and Me, etc.).

Thraxz said:

ok dude fair shout paddy on your side.ONE TASTE IS ALL YOU NEED THEN YOU COME RUNNING BACK FOR MORE:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :Smokin: :Smokin: