NU-Metal

Amarantus said:
Two things ender...

How is Nu-Metal ruining Metal?

I would love to see you post at least ONE nu-metal band that is even worthy of the label "good."
Oddly contradictory post
OK
A) nu-metal limits people's perspectives of metal. A lot of people will look at nu-metal bands like Korn or Disturbed and say that is as heavy as I like, and thus be closed minded to real metal. It also, due to the popularity, affects some metal in negative ways, like simplifying good complex bands, such as Damageplan. They were heavy and had good songs, but Dime didn't rip it like he is capable of, because (and this is personal opinion) they were in the fall of nu-metal and were holding onto what is popular, thus not living up to their potential.
B) Orgy does some good stuff, but aren't heavy at all. Disturbed's new album is very well written and complex, unlike their past albums. Godsmack isn't complex at all but does some very good and inventive simple stuff, like the soundtrack for Prince of Persia 2. It's all personal preference.

Amarantus said:
Two things ender...

How is Nu-Metal ruining Metal?

I would love to see you post at least ONE nu-metal band that is even worthy of the label "good."

Mudvayne

ender7227 said:
Godsmack isn't complex at all but does some very good and inventive simple stuff, like the soundtrack for Prince of Persia 2.

is Godsmack nu-metal? o_O
I thougt its kinda heavy metal...

Jesus christ you two are fucking stupid. No wonder you think I'm just this big bully troll. Obviously this whole time you've been here ender you haven't learned a fucking thing. And for Neurotica...get out.

Amarantus said:
Jesus christ you two are fucking stupid. No wonder you think I'm just this big bully troll. Obviously this whole time you've been here ender you haven't learned a fucking thing. And for Neurotica...get out.

Amarantus, dear, calm down...
No wonder why you think that we two are stupid.
As for me - I've learned alot for all this time being here - I found many good opinions and much of new good music I havent even heard before. Also I found there are a lot of jerks... yeah... then... "get out" is kinda unfriendly. We all are big and almost happy family here, forgot? ;)
So please... Dont make me write again what I've already written for you in thread about the bands that should die.
So take it easy. Heres me, who should be nervous (nickname obliges).

I have no problems with nu metal, never have. I'm not fond of many of the bands, but there's a handful i genuinely enjoy a LOT. In fact, i often like when bands incorporate a bit of the syncopated, simple riffing of nu metal.

The odd thing though is how opposed to the term most metalheads are. Find a band which has a lot of similarities to nu metal they like? of course, it's not nu metal! IDIOT! i think people need to get over the "nu metal is bad" mentality, particularly when they are fans of some fairly nu bands.

Mumblefood said:
I have no problems with nu metal, never have. I'm not fond of many of the bands, but there's a handful i genuinely enjoy a LOT. In fact, i often like when bands incorporate a bit of the syncopated, simple riffing of nu metal.

The odd thing though is how opposed to the term most metalheads are. Find a band which has a lot of similarities to nu metal they like? of course, it's not nu metal! IDIOT! i think people need to get over the "nu metal is bad" mentality, particularly when they are fans of some fairly nu bands.

I never had probs with nu metal either. To be honest I think that some ppl say that nu metal sucks coz its kinda not heavy enough. I personally know ppl, who like some nu metal bands but in public say that those are shit coz they afraid their status of "cool metalhead" to go down. And it seems that ppl just judge the music not by music, but by its heaviness or something.

Profanity said:
Nu Metal is bringing the spark back into Heavy Metal.

Bands like System Of A Down are making Metal fun, not to mention Soulfly who are using the umbrella of Nu Metal to explore new ideas.
:lol:

~Neurotica said:
is Godsmack nu-metal? o_O
I thougt its kinda heavy metal...
:lol: It's NOTHING like heavy metal. Heavy Metal is Priest, Maiden, etc. Godsmack is shit metal... I mean nu-metal.

Amarantus said:
You like nu-metal. You lose, now get the fuck out.

Damn, you got less of brains than bots from UT...
Read the true words under your name on the left side once more and go to bed baby.

Thoth-Amon said:
:lol: It's NOTHING like heavy metal. Heavy Metal is Priest, Maiden, etc. Godsmack is shit metal... I mean nu-metal.
ok, I just wanted to figure out.

I'm here not for fighting with ppl... So please, dont make my light and peaceful person say bad words and other stuff. Learn to respect other ppl's opinions, even if they are opposite with yours.

Peace