O/T Blatz, Blatz, Blatz

You guys are alcoholics.....hey wait a second so am I. OK! Cool! Let's get a group together drink & listen to Anthrax!

TD, you are WAY out of my league with the fancy beers and drinks, and preferential treatment for the various seasons. Doesn't that confuse you when you're REALLY, sloppy, ready-to-pick-up-a-hog drunk?

I prefer things simple in my life:

Blatz with anything.
Bushmills with ice or water.
Vodka (It's always 5 o' Clock) with Kool-Aid, Water, pop, or anything else.

A buddy of mine loves car bombs. Personally I avoid them if I can as I tend to get nuts when I drink like that----just ask my P.O!

Drinking rules!

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Oh vomit my good buddy, when I step into the local Biker Bar I order one of the big 3: PBR, Strohs, or Blatz, with a pickled egg on the side. I am not too good to humble myself my friend. Oh yeah, when I go to applebees, i usually just order a 32 oz of Coors Light, because their selection of beer sucks. Sorry, just because you have Heineken and Corona, does not mean you have fine selection of imported beers.

TD,

Glad to hear you have some "slumming" in you as well. Here is a partial list of some of life's finer pleasures I have partaken of:

PBR--Not bad
Old Milwaukee--Good stuff
Lucky Lager---OK
Grain Belt---Minnesota's Finest, since 1891
Schaeffers--Or "Scrapers". As in scraping your leg free of dried feces the next day.
Schmidt---Pride of the Northwest
Red Stripe---Jamaica's Best; akin to saying "Bulletboy's Greatest Hits"
Buckhorn---Literally made from the antlers of dead deers.
Schlitz---Or "Shitz"
Stroh's---Rotgut
Mickey's----Queasy man, queasy
Hamm's--The beer refreshing
Red White and Blue---The patriotic beer; it'll have your asshole screaming "The Star Spangled Sphincter" the day after!
Bohemian Club---The ONLY beer I have ever seen that it's more fun to empty them out on the ground then drink
Iron City---Brewed from Terry Bradshaw's toilet water
Point---Not bad, if you get my point
Spud---No shit, brewed from potatoes---tastes like its brewed from....drum roll please...POTATOES!! Good with breakfast, though
Hacker-Pschorr---The name says it all, "HACK"

This list is by no means all inclusive, but it is a start.

BTW, I avoid boiled eggs, they tend to make me :puke: :puke: :puke:

I can't believe you left out Old Style!! If there is anyone on this board from Chicagoland, they'd be appalled!!!!!! BTW, I haven't seen Red, White, and Blue for years, that one and Black Label, I thought were long gone. Once, I dunno about 5 years ago (i was in college, but i don't know what year) the local beer dist. co. got stuck with a coupla pallets of PBR Light, PBR Ice, and PBR Light Ice!!! HAHAHAHA They all came in neon pink and blue packages!! They have since been discontinued. Well, my parents owned a grocery. Anyway, these were all gonna go out of date, so they were just gonna throw 'em away, so dad and I said, why don't you just sell them to us 1$ a 12, and we'll sell 'em $1.99 a 12. You should have seen the slum dwellers that usually buy 40's stocking up on these. I took a bunch home to have on hand for parties and what not, they were so nasty....we used them for bonging, but that was about it. That is my story. There are more, stay tuned.

TD,
I knew I was forgetting one of the best. I have drank a shitload of OS. Pretty good I think.

My humble apologies for leaving this true American classic out?

Will you ever forgive me? An obvious one at that!

Loved the tale of your enterprising nature! True collegiate hijinks!

Here's one for the file:

Back in the day (college----11 years ago) we were going to pick up a barrel for our apartment. So we got all our crumpled ones and fivers and change together. One roommate had ALL his money (say $20 or so) in change. I shit you not, mostly nickels & pennies.

Suffice it to say the checkout dude was most unhappy when he had to count out this enormous pile of change. But when it was all over we had a fresh quarter barrel of Pabst......ahhhh, the good old days!

Yummy beer in no order,
Blue Grass Pale Ale The best pale ale out right now hands down
Petes Wicked Winter
Petes Ale Petes did go down hill, the winter and ale are still great but when they took the "wicked" name off the beer and made stuff like the octoberfest and Mardi Gras thats when they went down hill.
Spanish Peaks Black Dog Ale
Stone Brewing Co all the beers that I have had from them have been good.
Miami Trail beer from xenia ohio and Olderburg beers were good until they went out of business.
Two Brothers The Bitter End is a new one that I found that is good.
I work in a grocery store that has a HUGE selection of Imported and micro brewed beer. Its a beer wall thats about 50 feet long. So I always have something new and interesting to try.

Cincy- Do you work at Jungle Jims? If so, you rule! That place is beer drinker's Heaven! I go about once a month and stock up on imports and micros. Otherwise, I generally drink Harp, Bass, Guiness, and Dos Equis.

Vodka- Stoli
Rum-Bacardi 8
Scotch- Dewars (my brother and I drink a bottle every Christmas)
Bourbon- Makers
Gin- Tanqueray

If I'm really in the mood to get faced, I drink Yukon Jack (Snake bites are one of my favorite shots).

j

(by the way, does anyone have a favorite toast?)

A marching we shall come, metal thrashing mad, intoxicated with some special brew my friend!!!!!! Bogarts, bigger, nicer, definitely cooler location....Annies, smaller, cozier, more rabid crowd.....fifty miles from anything though, unless horse racing is in season, then we go waste money on gambling all day at riverdowns and then go to the show. Either venue is a win!!!!

Originally posted by Jeffasin
Cincy- Do you work at Jungle Jims? If so, you rule! That place is beer drinker's Heaven! I go about once a month and stock up on imports and micros. Otherwise, I generally drink Harp, Bass, Guiness, and Dos Equis.

Vodka- Stoli
Rum-Bacardi 8
Scotch- Dewars (my brother and I drink a bottle every Christmas)
Bourbon- Makers
Gin- Tanqueray

If I'm really in the mood to get faced, I drink Yukon Jack (Snake bites are one of my favorite shots).

j

(by the way, does anyone have a favorite toast?)

In fact I do work at jungle jims. Jungle ( the owner, as he likes to be called) has quite a racket going there, I work there all week and every week I turn around and give half my check back to him to buy beer!! :)

TD, Jeffasin,
This sounds like a plan to me. That Oldenburg bar/grill was a cool place to get a bite and drink good beer before a show. I met DD from overkill there and got his autograph, Bobby was there but he was on the phone and I didnt want to bug him.
Cork and Bottle is another cool place to stop for beer.
TD, have you ever went in to Noonans they have a decent beer selection thats not as far as the Jungles for you. Decent but not great.
Also the next time you go to Jungles buy Bluegrass Brewing Co American Pale Ale its my favorite beer right now.
I saw Anthrax at annies when Joey was supposed to be with them they bouncers were a bit over cautious I think. I saw them at Bogarts when they opened for Misfits and at the newport in columbus.