O/T Who’s your favourite musician of all time

Ragman_kd

Cosmic kicker of Elves
Apr 24, 2005
Balloch, Scotland
Doesn’t have to be in the metal scene, just someone you really admire and give a reason why.

Mine is Mike Oldfield, the guy who wrote Tubular Bells. He’s such a great musician, plays a ton of instruments, and writes some cool music.
My brother-in-law played on T.B 2 so I had the chance to meet him, and all I can say is he’s such a great guy. Made me feel welcome at the rehearsal, answered all my questions, and made me feel like my opinion’s about his music really mattered. How many other musician’s would take that kind of time over someone they had never met before especialy during a rehersal.

Ragman_kd said:
Mine is Mike Oldfield, the guy who wrote Tubular Bells.

Awesome choice - I grew up listening to "Tubular Bells" and wore out my parents' copy of that record. Still one of my favorite CDs to date.

Too many for me to name - top five, in no order, I can think of off the top of my head are:

Steve Miller (first memory was hearing "The Joker")
Jimmy Page
Bill Evans (jazz piano)
Lemmy
... and I gotta throw Andrea Bocelli in there. I hate opera, but I heard him sing on the Grammys once, and his voice is just amazing. Ruins my street cred (like I ever had any)... :p

Mustaine +
so many more......
Yes! some guys from Anthrax too... :Spin:
It is impossible to pick one.

Ragamuffin said:
Dan The Automator

Did you happen to hear Head Automatica? I thought that album had some serious potential but was disappointed by both Daryl and Dan. I like Dan the Automator quite a bit and I loved Glassjaw's EYEWTKAS, but I thought that Head Automatica's whole album was pretty weak.

Some of my fav's would be
Gene and Dean Ween
Maynard(Aenima era)
Zach Hill (amazing drummer)
Neil Fallon
Mike Patton

johnnieCzech said:
I'm afraid I can't deny my love for Fred Durst...
1075099201685.jpg
:D :loco: :D :loco: :D :loco: :D :loco: :D :loco: