October Falls - The Streams Of The End

M.Lehto

Jun 25, 2002
October Falls - The Streams Of The End

MLP will be out by Debemur Morti (http://www.debemur-morti.com) in early 2007, a bit later also as an MCD (22 mins).

October Falls will also release the second full-lenght through the same label and that should be available at some point 2007. OF shall return to the acoustic path at some point, but these two recordings will have much harsher approach, altough the basic elements will still be heard. As the concept is different, there's also a session drummer and a bass-player in these recordings.

“The streams of the end, the shores of fire…”

Reactions: Thanatopsis123
Small update on this.

Artwork is almost finished, this time there's a hired gun and he has done amazing job with this, he's previously worked for Ensiferum, Behexen, Enochian Crescent, Wintersun etc etc.

The recording is currently being mastered by H.Sorvali (Finntroll, Moonsorrow), hopefully I can hear the final result next week, after that I shall send everything to the label and then it's up to them, when the vinyl will be released. MCD version will come sometime later (hopefully not that much) and needs some changes to the artwork to be done.

The preparations for the next full-lenght are already on the progress, it will be recorded some time '07 and will not be acoustic material.

And December Songs - Tribute to Katatonia is finally soon out, OF recorded For Funerals To Come for it few years ago and it ends the whole compilation.

Wow, you're a busy man Mr. Lehto! I look forward to this new stuff, and to eventually picking up your debut. I've only got Marras right now, and only in the paltry CD format, so I have some work ahead of me!

Wow, you're a busy man Mr. Lehto! I look forward to this new stuff, and to eventually picking up your debut. I've only got Marras right now, and only in the paltry CD format, so I have some work ahead of me!

I always feel like I'm very slow with the releases etc, it's like I don't make anything for a year and then I make an album in a month.

:lol: There is nothing wrong with working when the inspiration strikes you! This is a far superior option to putting out an album regularly to satiate the appetites of fans or the constrictions of record labels, though I suppose that isn't as much of a problem with such small scale lablels. Keep up the good work either way, and be sure to let us know when the vinyl release date approaches!

vinylbigofthestreamsoftxc2.jpg

There you can see the coverart by H.Harmaja (Babalon Graphics), he's a great talent who has worked with Enochian Crescent, Ensiferum, Behexen etc etc.

At some point I shall post the mastered version from the Shores Of Fire, so far only the unmastered version has been available, H.Sorvali did a great things with the tracks on mastering.

That looks fantastic. I will definitely be getting a copy, really been looking forward to hearing some finished versions of your "harsher" songs.

I trust you will update us when exact release dates have been sorted out?

Last update concidering this MLP / October Falls

MLP is on the pressings right now and it should be out this February.
CD-version will also be available, but a bit later.

Here's one mastered song:
http://koti.welho.com/mlehto4/OF-SOF.mp3

Altought this album will be released early 2007, there's also another album planned for 2007 and that will be a full-lenght album.
None of the songs from the MLP will re-cycled for it.

Half of that album is already written and some of it also recorded, so take a deep breath and wait for an dark autumn to come.

You can never know where the path finally ends, so these might be the last stones for everything that standed for this.

Last update concidering this MLP / October Falls

MLP is on the pressings right now and it should be out this February.
CD-version will also be available, but a bit later.

Here's one mastered song:
http://koti.welho.com/mlehto4/OF-SOF.mp3

Altought this album will be released early 2007, there's also another album planned for 2007 and that will be a full-lenght album.
None of the songs from the MLP will re-cycled for it.

Half of that album is already written and some of it also recorded, so take a deep breath and wait for an dark autumn to come.

You can never know where the path finally ends, so these might be the last stones for everything that standed for this.

Wow, this is seriously fucking good
The vocals are a bit low in the mix imo though, but I realize you wanted it like this and all of that