Off Topic - Ozzfest's Maiden Fiasco

Barking Pumpkin said:
No matter what Bruce did, Sharon is out of line.

Very well said.

I also tend to agree with everyone about the British flag waving as well.

I guess what bothers me is that for all the talk of "Bruce is a dick, the other guys are complete gentlemen, blah blah blah," the eggs and other inanity disrupted the ENTIRE band and showed disrespect to the other musicians. Nicko had to stop to clean egg off of his drum kit? Then they have have the gall to say "It's only Bruce we have problems with."

I am on the verge of selling all of my Ozzy solo albums.

Totally, why bring down all of them if they have a problem with Bruce only... and couldn't it be handled out of the public eye?
seems so dramatic to me.

Ruthven said:
Very well said.

I also tend to agree with everyone about the British flag waving as well.

I guess what bothers me is that for all the talk of "Bruce is a dick, the other guys are complete gentlemen, blah blah blah," the eggs and other inanity disrupted the ENTIRE band and showed disrespect to the other musicians. Nicko had to stop to clean egg off of his drum kit? Then they have have the gall to say "It's only Bruce we have problems with."

I am on the verge of selling all of my Ozzy solo albums.

Oh, but it shows how "rebellious" the Ozzfest camp is, how "rock 'n' roll..." because as you all know, Rebellion (TM) = acting like a jerk.

Yes. In terms of the official News pages, Maiden definitely took the high road. It's obviously Sharon who is the envious prick, and not Bruce.

i went to three ozzfests.. (one i did not pay for)... i usually don't like the bands enough.

yes, wish maiden would make it to the SOUTH!!!!!

One must wonder if she had any foresight in regards to her statement about the English Flag being brought out each show. If I were from the UK, I'd be completely offended that a native of my country would be offended at a tribute to the people who give their lives to protect its people.

13ShadesofGray said:
One must wonder if she had any foresight in regards to her statement about the English Flag being brought out each show. If I were from the UK, I'd be completely offended that a native of my country would be offended at a tribute to the people who give their lives to protect its people.

That just goes to show how "educated" and "classy" she is, she is just using this whole flag thing to validate her actions.

sarcasm off..

i m an ignorant... what can i say....
i just remember Maiden... Nr of The beast... ... even earlyer... when Paul was their first vocalist...
i saw them this year at Ozzfest... THEY WERE GREAT !
what a little mind... said... has no importance...
MAIDEN LIVES FOREVER in our harts.

Iron Maiden have been my favorite band since I discovered them in ninth grade. I'm 36 now and they're STILL my favorite band. Fuck that manipulative, greedy, money hungry slag Sharon Osbourne! She'd be changing bedpans if it wasn't for being married to Ozzy. She uses him to make her money and spoil those fat little fucks Jack and Kelly. I only hope Ozzfest goes down in flames. The rest of Black Sabbath should get Dio back and make a kickass album! Fuck Sharon and everyone else who hassled Maiden! She's just a jealous cunt. By the way, Sharon, The Trooper is about the Crimean War. A war with the Russians YOUR country was involved in. Hence, the Union Jack you dumb fuck!

While I wouldn't condone any white trash stunt like what the Osbournes did, what really should Bruce think would happen? He goes out there yip-yapping about American fans, Ozzy and whatever-the-fuck-else and he doesn't think this shit would happen(or something along the same lines)?

I mean, what the fuck was the point of Maiden doing Ozzfest anyways? Getting a little more exposure? 55 million albums WHAT? Hey, why don't you do your own tour and then guess what, you'll have (Mostly) all your own fans and no one else to close every show but yourselves.

Getting egged and having an Ozzy chant is total bullshit behaviour and just so far beyond proffesional it's not even funny...but do you know who's in charge of the show? One of the worlds biggest cuntrag money-grubbing whores in all existence. Bruce, you guys should have never done this tour. I feel really bad for the rest of the guys in Maiden who got egged.

And my opinion of Bruce's current over-inflated ego has nothing to do with my love of (most of ) IM's music. They are truly one of the top three greatest Metal bands ever.

My friend Josh bought some 12 or so tickets (including 4 VIP passes) for all of us to go to Ozzfest in Houston. Granted, no Maiden, but there are some other good bands on the bill I think.

But after this? Well, I'm not taking my free ticket to go. Chances are that maybe nobody of us will even go. Too bad there aren't any refunds--unless Ozzy gets another infection, in which case Josh can get his money back. Oh please let that happen.

Sharon needs to fucking kill herself... fucking cunt...

Maiden rules regardless! I feel sorry for those that are gonna have to deal with Velvet Revolver instead of them!

Well, Ozzfest is coming to Houston saturday so al the mallgoths are getting geared up to go. Everybody who has asked me if I was going I lexured them all on why they should boycott everything osbourne (mallgoth or not). Ofcourse they are all OzzSheep and all that other crap so they don't give a shit. Although I have met Soilwork and hung out with them and they are great guys I would still urge people to boycott everything Osbourne. When Sharon makes a band pay 75 grand to play 4 songs and gain a sea of treandy pretensious wastes of oxygen like the average american youth today it is a slap in the face. I am sure the bands will make money and I am happy for them, but that would never be worth it for me, no matter who is paying to play (the band or the label).

One thing does need to be looked upon though, Sharon and the rest of the osbournes are at the top of the American Metal Scene...other than MTV. Sharon can say whatever the fuck she wants, the issue of professionality and class has no meaning in this. American youth is the main target for Ozzfest, they don't know a damn thing about the American music scene and it's corrupt workings and they have no clue that before In Flames got big here they could play in many other continents and sell out an arena. This won't bite Sharon in the ass at all, if this was Europe and the American music scene didn't exist at all (I mean that 100% literally, I do believe it is a desolate wasteland of mediocrity)then it would. THIS IS THE US..LAND OF A THE BRAINWASHED YOUTH WHO LIKE WHATEVER IS PLAYED ON MTV AND MTV2 THE MOST. They wear Iron Maiden shirts and couldn't tell you who Bruce Bruce is.

Overall, it is infuriating for us true, devoted fans of the metal genre in the states and many fans in Europe, Japan, South America. But no one else is going to give a shit, and in the us that happens to be the majority.

Emerald Sword said:
Fuck that manipulative, greedy, money hungry slag Sharon Osbourne! She'd be changing bedpans if it wasn't for being married to Ozzy. She uses him to make her money and spoil those fat little fucks Jack and Kelly.

Far be it from me to defend Sharon Osbourne, but I completely disagree with the above statement. In truth, without Sharon, Ozzy would be using bedpans, or possibly dead, if it wasn't for Sharon. She took somebody that was essentially an alcoholic and drug-dependent has-been, and turned him into a cultural icon. She's definitely a manipulative shrew, but without her there would be no Ozzfest and possibly no Ozzy (although at this point, does it really matter?). She's not a user....she's the one driving the ship. Whatever her faults, she obviously knows how to do business.

mitchgx said:
Far be it from me to defend Sharon Osbourne, but I completely disagree with the above statement. In truth, without Sharon, Ozzy would be using bedpans, or possibly dead, if it wasn't for Sharon. She took somebody that was essentially an alcoholic and drug-dependent has-been, and turned him into a cultural icon. She's definitely a manipulative shrew, but without her there would be no Ozzfest and possibly no Ozzy (although at this point, does it really matter?). She's not a user....she's the one driving the ship. Whatever her faults, she obviously knows how to do business.
That's only because her father was an asshole who cheated Sabbath out of money and she hated him. He owned Jet Records. She broke from her father because she knew the cash cow Ozzy could be.

:ill: IMHO, if it weren't for Sharon, we would have lost Ozzy a long time ago. And I revere Ozzy as the one single most influential person in the short history of metal. I can't BELIEVE you fuckers are so vindictive towards someone you don't even know. I don't mind cussing, but you fuckers have uttered some of the most vile shit I have EVER heard directed toward a human being that wasn't a mass-murderer. Several of your words were far more inflamatory than anything any of the parties said.

I'm going to Ozzfest this weekend, and as long as they draw bands that I like, such as Velvet Revolver, Zakk Wylde, Rob Zombie, etc., I will continue to go.

Shame on all of you. It's fucking sickening. :ill: :puke:

Peace,
Chris :headbang: