Off Topic - Ozzfest's Maiden Fiasco

Walter_Langkowski said:
While I wouldn't condone any white trash stunt like what the Osbournes did, what really should Bruce think would happen? He goes out there yip-yapping about American fans, Ozzy and whatever-the-fuck-else and he doesn't think this shit would happen(or something along the same lines)?

I mean, what the fuck was the point of Maiden doing Ozzfest anyways? Getting a little more exposure? 55 million albums WHAT? Hey, why don't you do your own tour and then guess what, you'll have (Mostly) all your own fans and no one else to close every show but yourselves.

Getting egged and having an Ozzy chant is total bullshit behaviour and just so far beyond proffesional it's not even funny...but do you know who's in charge of the show? One of the worlds biggest cuntrag money-grubbing whores in all existence. Bruce, you guys should have never done this tour. I feel really bad for the rest of the guys in Maiden who got egged.

And my opinion of Bruce's current over-inflated ego has nothing to do with my love of (most of ) IM's music. They are truly one of the top three greatest Metal bands ever.

Dude, your signature is very disturbing, lol.

SavaVIDude said:
:ill: IMHO, if it weren't for Sharon, we would have lost Ozzy a long time ago. And I revere Ozzy as the one single most influential person in the short history of metal. I can't BELIEVE you fuckers are so vindictive towards someone you don't even know. I don't mind cussing, but you fuckers have uttered some of the most vile shit I have EVER heard directed toward a human being that wasn't a mass-murderer. Several of your words were far more inflamatory than anything any of the parties said.

I'm going to Ozzfest this weekend, and as long as they draw bands that I like, such as Velvet Revolver, Zakk Wylde, Rob Zombie, etc., I will continue to go.

Shame on all of you. It's fucking sickening. :ill: :puke:

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

Dude I hope you're kidding...and what has Ozzy really done of importance since the 90's?

yeah, exactly...nothing, except cd's and tv shows directed at fat pink-haired mall goth chicks and dweebs.

It is very clear who was behind this whole mess, I mean, I bet even Ozzy/Sabbath didn't know or approve of this, it is just unprofessional.

And as far as being instrumental in the development of metal itself, it was Iommi and Geezer who wrote the songs. I don't see too many singers trying to sing like Ozzy.

SavaVIDude said:
:ill: IMHO, if it weren't for Sharon, we would have lost Ozzy a long time ago. And I revere Ozzy as the one single most influential person in the short history of metal. I can't BELIEVE you fuckers are so vindictive towards someone you don't even know. I don't mind cussing, but you fuckers have uttered some of the most vile shit I have EVER heard directed toward a human being that wasn't a mass-murderer. Several of your words were far more inflamatory than anything any of the parties said.

I'm going to Ozzfest this weekend, and as long as they draw bands that I like, such as Velvet Revolver, Zakk Wylde, Rob Zombie, etc., I will continue to go.

Shame on all of you. It's fucking sickening. :ill: :puke:

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

You condone her besides the fact that she got crew people to go into the crowd and throw eggs at Iron Maiden, as well as cutting their PA power, and then after the fact using the Official Ozzfest news page as a forum for calling Bruce a prick?

As I said already, Ozzy is a vegetable and a lame excuse for a singer and hasn't really done anything for me. It's not like he wrote the Sabbath riffs anyway.

OzzFest is strictly business, it's not about introducing new bands or anything like Prog-Power is, it's about taking popular bands, and making money off them. I don't see anything musical about that, and besides the one classic band they get per year to get the actual people who listen to music to spend money on their inflated ticket prices, it's a junk "music" festival.

Edit: I'm just running the hate machine today, aren't I....don't take anything personally. :devil:

We should get this on a shirt, I'd buy it ASAP!!

sharon.jpg

TBJ said:
Dude I hope you're kidding...and what has Ozzy really done of importance since the 90's?

You "hope" I'm kidding?? Why?? Because you can't handle an opinion different from yours?? :Smug: GET REAL!!

yeah, exactly...nothing, except cd's and tv shows directed at fat pink-haired mall goth chicks and dweebs.

All you fuckers remember about Ozzy is the reality show (I hate that too). Try to remember what Ozzy has done overall - not just lately.

It is very clear who was behind this whole mess, I mean, I bet even Ozzy/Sabbath didn't know or approve of this, it is just unprofessional.

"I'll bet"?? How much will you bet?? YOUR OPINION. I disagree - can you handle that??

And as far as being instrumental in the development of metal itself, it was Iommi and Geezer who wrote the songs. I don't see too many singers trying to sing like Ozzy.

I guess you fuckers that feel like this are just too young to have been there thru the evolution of metal. Geezer and Iommi wrote the songs, but Ozzy WAS the show and continued WAY after Sabbath. He made famous guitar players like Randy (RIP), Jake E. Lee and Zakk. What did Geezer and Iommi do after Sabbath??

The way you people talk about Sharon and Ozzy is far worse than anything she or he did. I'm not defending them - I'm just saying your opinions are formed on "I bet". You sound just like the Metallica "fans" when their music changes in a way you don't like or can't handle. What a bunch of medicore minds!! Maybe you fuckers should go back to your local FM radio stations and listen to Ratt.

Peace,
Chris
:headbang:

TBJ said:

You "hope" I'm kidding?? Why?? Because you can't handle an opinion different from yours?? :Smug: GET REAL!!

All you fuckers remember about Ozzy is the reality show (I hate that too). Try to remember what Ozzy has done overall - not just lately.

"I'll bet"?? How much will you bet?? YOUR OPINION. I disagree - can you handle that??

I guess you fuckers that feel like this are just too young to have been there thru the evolution of metal. Geezer and Iommi wrote the songs, but Ozzy WAS the show and continued WAY after Sabbath. He made famous guitar players like Randy (RIP), Jake E. Lee and Zakk. What did Geezer and Iommi do after Sabbath??

The way you people talk about Sharon and Ozzy is far worse than anything she or he did. I'm not defending them - I'm just saying your opinions are formed on "I bet". You sound just like the Metallica "fans" when their music changes in a way you don't like or can't handle. What a bunch of medicore minds!! Maybe you fuckers should go back to your local FM radio stations and listen to Ratt. :devil:

Peace,
Chris

dude, get a grip. Most of our opinions are based on the shitloads of eyewitness accounts out there. No one denies that Sharon was behind the whole incident -- the people who were throwing eggs, etc., even SAID so. And if you seriously don't think that publicly degrading a fellow professional musician in front of tens of thousands of fans shows a SEVERE lack of character, then we'll have to agree to disagree. Strongly.

It doesn't make one bit of difference how influential Ozzy or Sharon was in the metal scene; nothing gives them a free pass to do whatever they want, to whomever they want. This was an extremely shitty thing to do, and, whether you like it or not, it's going to cause people (including myself) to lose respect.

And, for the record, the guy who said "I bet Ozzy didn't even know about it" was DEFENDING Ozzy. I don't know why you're getting so pissed off about that.

SavaVIDude said:

The way you people talk about Sharon and Ozzy is far worse than anything she or he did. I'm not defending them - I'm just saying your opinions are formed on "I bet". You sound just like the Metallica "fans" when their music changes in a way you don't like or can't handle. What a bunch of medicore minds!! Maybe you fuckers should go back to your local FM radio stations and listen to Ratt.

Peace,
Chris
Dumbest. Post. Ever.

Edguy frontman Tobias Sammet has filed the following road report from the North American HAMMERFALL tour>

"The tour is a big success and great fun for both bands. We are currently thinking about playing Edguy chants over the PA while Hammerfall play, throwing eggs and bottles at each others and finally start reality TV shows. Just kidding! It's great fun and I am really looking forward to playing the final six shows before we return home to continue working on the album. Hammerfall are great guys to hang out with and the fans seem to really enjoy the package. Meanwhile I hope all of you are all gonna enjoy our new CD and DVD. Take care and read more news soon."

Merry Christmas,

Tobi

When Ozzy was off selling millions of copies of his solo work (mere coasters with the exception of the first two, and that's only becuase of his band!), Iommi kept Sabbath going. In fact, the Sabbath albums made after Ozzy's departure, though not widely influential, were, in my opinion, a hell of a lot better than the sludgy, droning, whiny shit that they did with Ozzy. I always ask people just what is so special about Ozzy. Do you know what my response always is? "Dude, it's fuckin' Ozzy!" Gee, thanks for elaborating. What happened this last weekend was truly sad. I really hope that a stunt like that doesn't keep Maiden from touring here in the future.

On another note (this one's for my bro Langkowski), I wouldn't exactly say that Bruce is slagging his American fans. I agree with him when it comes to what a lot of people want to hear at their shows. He's proud of the newer material that Maiden has released, and I think it pisses him off that a lot of older fans won't even give it a chance, let alone enjoy it in concert. Most people only want to hear the hits when they see a band. However, after playing "The Number Of The Beast" about 6,000 times over 16 years, don't you think you'd be a little tired of it? I think what would make both parties happy (fans and band) would be the Dream Theater approach to live shows. Change it up! Give the fans some of the expected songs, but then throw some curveballs at them. I think a lot of bands (Symphony X, I hope you're reading this!) would be surprised at just how many people would enthusiastically respond to the performance of a rare gem.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I agree with majority of what has been said on this thread. Sharon is piece of shit, I still love Ozzy, he may not be the best singer but I do enjoy it. The Sabbath albums after Ozzy left are for the most part better, especially the ones with Dio. I would still like to hear a statement made by Ozzy himself about this whole situation.

I posted a link to Blabbermouth, but just go on blabbermouth.net and read about it. Sharon can go fuck an elephant... Her and her filthy ass whore of a daughter Kelly. I support Ozzy for what he has done to Rock and Metal... Too bad that cunt called Sharon turned his mind upside down and literally forced him to do shit he didn't have to.

Sharon, I hope you read this. I really hope you do. I hope ALL of your shitty plastic surgery falls off your face! And then I hope somebody do the same thing that they did to Miss K, former Stratovarius to you... Remember when some fans mailed her a box filled with shit? LOL that was hilarious!