OFFICIAL AMERICAN SETLIST THREAD

that LA show was pretty good...except the sound was kinda muddy. Definitely the best crowd reception to Opeth I've seen...ever. After being drenched in sweat, dehydrated, and headbanging for about an hour I pulled back around the pit when demon of the fall was being performed. Just from watching it, it seemed like a pretty brutal pit for Opeth...I was the guy in the king crimson shirt, if anyone saw me.

Salt Lake City.....10/17/05

Setlist-In Order

1. Baying of the Hounds
2. When
3. Bleak
4. In my Time of Need
5. Grand Conjuration
6. The Moor
7. Deliverence
8. Blackwater Park
9. Demon of the Fall

**I got to the show early and heard their soundcheck...They were practicing Ghost of Perdition and it sounded perfect...I bet they will it add to their set soon...

It was my 4th time seeing Opeth..and one of the best.....

caelumdude said:

Setlist-In Order

1. Baying of the Hounds
2. When
3. Bleak
4. In my Time of Need
5. Grand Conjuration
6. The Moor
7. Deliverence
8. Blackwater Park
9. Demon of the Fall

**I got to the show early and heard their soundcheck...They were practicing Ghost of Perdition and it sounded perfect...I bet that all add to their set soon...

That would be great if they keep the actual setlist and add Ghost of Perdition at the begining of the set.

However, something tells me that they will keep Ghost of Perdition for the 2nd leg of the European tour as well as the 2nd leg of the North American tour.

Ghost of Perdition is supposed to be the 2nd single / video from Ghost Reveries. So maybe they will replace Grand Conjuration / Baying of the Hounds by Ghost of Perdition / Harlequin Forest next time around.

Who knows ? :confused:

caelumdude said:

Setlist-In Order

1. Baying of the Hounds
2. When
3. Bleak
4. In my Time of Need
5. Grand Conjuration
6. The Moor
7. Deliverence
8. Blackwater Park
9. Demon of the Fall

**I got to the show early and heard their soundcheck...They were practicing Ghost of Perdition and it sounded perfect...I bet they will it add to their set soon...

It was my 4th time seeing Opeth..and one of the best.....

They were also rehersing A Fair Judgement in the soundcheck....

i'm new here, so hey. ok anyway, so there is going to be 2nd american tour right? i won't be able to go to the san antonio date, and i really want to see opeth in concert. well thanks.

Supposedly yeah, there will be a second leg of the North American Tour. Last night Mike said they'd be back in Febuary, and I've heard he's been saying that most nights.

So it sounds like they will be back in the country in Febuary, but it's hard to say what cities. Just because they think they'll be back now doesn't mean they'll actually get booked in all the same cities again.

Starless Dragon said:
Supposedly yeah, there will be a second leg of the North American Tour. Last night Mike said they'd be back in Febuary, and I've heard he's been saying that most nights.

So it sounds like they will be back in the country in Febuary, but it's hard to say what cities. Just because they think they'll be back now doesn't mean they'll actually get booked in all the same cities again.
I hope they come back to Dallas. I couldn't go to the show last night because I'm not 17 yet. I will be soon though, and would love to see them.

Crow4ever said:
My life would be complete if that were to happen.
It would be really cool if they played it at 12AM Halloween, but I have to doubt it'll run that late.

Otherwise I'd like it on the 30th.

10/21 Houston at The Meridian

Baying of the Hounds
When
Bleak
In My Time of Need
The Grand Conjuration
Face of Melinda
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon of the Fall

I must say that the thing I've enjoyed most about seeing Opeth the two times I've seen them is Mike's wonderful sense of humor between songs. It's truly unmatched I think.

Do you know what? I reckon the List of Mikeals favourite songs on his bio/profile page would make a perfect setlist for a night

Hope leaves
Deliverance
Bleak
Face of Melinda
When
Nectar
Under the weeping moon
Isolation years
Baying of the hounds

Note* Change hope leaves to the moor or serenity painted death or the amen corner!

affinityband said:
Do you know what? I reckon the List of Mikeals favourite songs on his bio/profile page would make a perfect setlist for a night

Hope leaves
Deliverance
Bleak
Face of Melinda
When
Nectar
Under the weeping moon
Isolation years
Baying of the hounds

Note* Change hope leaves to the moor or serenity painted death or the amen corner!

Change Bleak to Blackwater Park... that song fucking slays live.

San Antonio show tonight. I'm going in half an hour. Oh man, this is gonna be great.