Official Deadwing Appreciation Thread

Jon Snow said:
IA > Deadwing

Open Car is a very weak track. The Start of Something Beautiful has a weak chorus. Shallow is mediocre. Halo is barely above mediocre. The other songs are great but they can't pull it ahead of IA.

Hm...I agree with both Halo and Shallow. But I think most of the other tracks make up for it. Like "Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here". That song hit me like a fucking brick wall. And Mellotron Scratch. The overlapping vocals at the end are great.

But In Absentia, while a great album standing alone, but compared to the other PT stuff, was a bit dissapointing. I found the Sound of Muzak pretty boring. As was Strip the Soul.

So...All in all, Deadwing>IA.

the harmonized part at the end of melotron scratch is definitely Steven's ode to Jon Anderson's amazing layering/harmony sequence at the end of Heart of the sunrise. Its almost as good too, which i think its an achievement in itself.

At this point I must say that;
Calexico >Porcupine Tree

One is enough, thanks -- Moonlapse

Jon Snow said:
IA > Deadwing

Open Car is a very weak track. The Start of Something Beautiful has a weak chorus. Shallow is mediocre. Halo is barely above mediocre. The other songs are great but they can't pull it ahead of IA.

I actually think "The Start of Something Beautiful" might end up being one of my favorites...go figure... :Smug:

Seth

haha climbing trees. that reminds me of some Michael Jackson special I saw a while back. he said every day he goes outside and climbs trees and sings to the birds.

:ill:

NeverIsForever said:
Signify kind of sucked, but I love In Absentia.

I also love Deadwing. The first time I heard that album, it made me want to go outside and climb trees. Strange...

I thought the same thing when IA was my favorite album from PT. At this point, Signify > IA.